PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I GET INTO RACING??

BOHEMION
25-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Hey ppls,

Just want to know how to get into track racing ie: bike/clubs/classes???

I know in Enduro/Cross country we just joined a club and bang your in, is it da same for track racing?

And what classes are available? I'm 22 years old 5'8 and 85kg this dosnt really matter in Enduro so what class do you think I should look into?

And from the class, what is the best race bike in your views? Like best value for money etc etc.

And finally Mentoring or Coachin, this is very important I think where in QLD can i learn?

Any help would be very much appreciated

26-05-2005, 06:03 PM
BOHO you will be the judge at the end of the day of wether how much coin you wonta chuck at it[8D]wot grade & level r ya at in enduro?
& where did ya curculate?
For me,if I was to go back to BLACK VYNILL i`d get a TZ or RS(real ones) 4 5 large & do local stuff,with a track day in while.
I have a good friend that has been run from "d" grade to "a & B" grade in the space of ONE! superbike meeting.THAT my fellow fighter is a $40.000 engine he now has to find

BOHEMION
26-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks Mundy
Sorry for my ignorance you meant the Aprillia RS 250cc 2 stroke???
an RS sound like a good idea. I'll give it ago, Somthing ive been very interested in for a while now. If i'm shit then I just wont invest alot into it, But keep at it. See where it takes me. I will look into race meets and get more info from there.

Thanks mate.

chong
27-05-2005, 08:14 AM
the other way is forgoten era 2/3 grand for anrz or 750 four thats already done ready to go I used to punt a SR500 in pre 81 f/era had a blast $3500 for the season if you get good at it step up if not you have strong ride day bike and importantly no plastic

Zed14
27-05-2005, 09:22 AM
mmmmmmmmmm no plastic.