PDA

View Full Version : look what i got

ozkat
15-04-2005, 07:13 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/IM000722.JPG got this little box of goodies dropped off at my door today. plenum, turbo headers, efi throttle body, hi flo fuel tap and lots of other bits and peices.i think i feel an efi turbo comming to my garage. [^] (its not pretty but it does work)

Zed14
15-04-2005, 07:57 PM
which key makes it go vrooooom

Zed14
15-04-2005, 08:07 PM
or is that the key to putting it all together

Zed14
15-04-2005, 08:12 PM
where did you get all that from ozkat and whats it off.and why is it all grubby looking and what are the hoses for

ozkat
15-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Rexie i got it from a mate of mine. its off a GSXR11. and its grubby cause its used.... thats why i know it works. i have no fuckin idea what the hoses are for and thats why he is my mate cause im gunna need him to help me set it up. malpasi fuel regulator, HSV injectors, hi volume fuel pump and an external turbo feed oil pump + lots more but ill get there. 300+ hp here i come.

Zed14
15-04-2005, 09:15 PM
i hope your all excited because i am . cant wait to see it and then you can help me scavenge parts to turbo mine.

puppet
15-04-2005, 10:25 PM
You could assemble all that shit together,after hours and hours and lots of cash and have an ill handling, overweight dinosaur or just go and buy a GSXR1000 rocketship.Which way do we go which way do we go.

Zed14
15-04-2005, 10:35 PM
i see what you mean.we can buy a gsxr1000 rocketship but when us big bastards get on it it will still be an overweight dinosaur.

puppet
15-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Not to me possum

Zed14
15-04-2005, 11:22 PM
i dont need a gsxr1000 i have the faster green zrx1100

Zed14
15-04-2005, 11:23 PM
i just have to learn to ride it

16-04-2005, 11:57 AM
When did Suzuki release a bike called a zrx?

Nup ain't seen that one yet.

Heh heh heh

17-04-2005, 06:00 PM
sorry Puppet but a mate gave me a squirt on his 04 THOU the other week(same colour as yours) & i nearlly vomited.We spoke at the AGM about bikes & you know wot my mind says`
I was out 2day on a run with good friends 30 or so & showed them my heels.oldest bike was mine.
some of us are just stuck in the 80`s

17-04-2005, 06:00 PM
sorry Puppet but a mate gave me a squirt on his 04 THOU the other week(same colour as yours) & i nearlly vomited.We spoke at the AGM about bikes & you know wot my mind says`
I was out 2day on a run with good friends 30 or so & showed them my heels.oldest bike was mine.
some of us are just stuck in the 80`s

puppet
17-04-2005, 08:51 PM
So tell me mundy,what didn't you like about it?

puppet
17-04-2005, 08:51 PM
So tell me mundy,what didn't you like about it?

18-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Please dont get me wrong?it is not a slander on your chioce of ride.Perhaps it was the fact that it was on the end of a wet two day ride & that i needed to urinate somewhere FAST!
Here goes`,my arse was too far in the air(i have short legs) the "ergo`s" were difficult,the front "packed up" & found it boring.Maybe i needed to ride it faster?
"horsepower! you dont buy it,you build it!"

18-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Please dont get me wrong?it is not a slander on your chioce of ride.Perhaps it was the fact that it was on the end of a wet two day ride & that i needed to urinate somewhere FAST!
Here goes`,my arse was too far in the air(i have short legs) the "ergo`s" were difficult,the front "packed up" & found it boring.Maybe i needed to ride it faster?
"horsepower! you dont buy it,you build it!"

18-04-2005, 10:12 PM
gota agree with the madness there puppet,its all good 2 strip a weapon n call it a fighter,but ya dont by em ya build em.sumthin tells me your setup aint stock,but then again som folks r born satanic. i got $10 says ya been ridin 4 round 32 yrs,any1 wana raiz me?

18-04-2005, 10:12 PM
gota agree with the madness there puppet,its all good 2 strip a weapon n call it a fighter,but ya dont by em ya build em.sumthin tells me your setup aint stock,but then again som folks r born satanic. i got $10 says ya been ridin 4 round 32 yrs,any1 wana raiz me?

Zed14
19-04-2005, 08:09 PM
hey ozcat what size is the turbo you have. i have been told to get a t28. i was just looking on ebay there was 2 turbos off a nissan pulsar. what do you think of twin turbos

Zed14
19-04-2005, 08:09 PM
hey ozcat what size is the turbo you have. i have been told to get a t28. i was just looking on ebay there was 2 turbos off a nissan pulsar. what do you think of twin turbos

19-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I have it from good opinion that anything from MASSEY FURGUSSEN will give very good feul eco but may take a while to spool up!(early SAAB or HONDA 'pro city' cars)
Small spool(power) Large spool(eco)

19-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I have it from good opinion that anything from MASSEY FURGUSSEN will give very good feul eco but may take a while to spool up!(early SAAB or HONDA 'pro city' cars)
Small spool(power) Large spool(eco)

19-04-2005, 08:37 PM
PETROL is for washing parts
ALCAHOL is for drinking
NITRO is for racing

19-04-2005, 08:37 PM
PETROL is for washing parts
ALCAHOL is for drinking
NITRO is for racing

ozkat
20-04-2005, 12:36 PM
ct26 is the ideal size turbo for a reasonably standard 1000cc to 1300cc. should give you somewhere between 250hp and 320hp depending on your setup. Rexie are you talking about a draw through or blow through system? forget the twin turbos.... not worth the trouble. most bikes dont have enough room for 1 turbo let alone 2. the major problem most bikes have with a blow through system is getting the turbo mounted high enough to drain the oil back to the sump. as well as the front wheel touching the turbo when the forks are compressed.most turbo busas run a 5deg extra rake on the steering head to stop the turbo touching. deisel turbos generally are not a good option as they take too long to spool up. also some turbos are not rebuildable, maybe thats why they are cheap on ebay etc. setting up 4 carbs to run a blow through system can be very frustrating as well as expensive. esp when you start blowing plastic bits off your carbs when your boost is too high. a draw through system however generally only uses 1 carb. most i have seen either run a S.U or a Weber type carb which is much easier to rejet and modify but the turbo is much further from the exhaust/head and therefor you can get quiet a bit of "turbo lag" you also dont have a problem with returning oil back to the sump because it is mounted directly behind the inlet ports. both systems have many pros and cons. there is an excellent book called Motorcycle turbocharging, supercharging, and nitrous oxide. by Joe Haile. from amazon books for about $25.00. supercharging is another option im looking into now. there are some really compact superchargers available from japan at the moment. s/hand from around $250. the thing i like about the supercharger is you keep your exhaust, they dont create heat like the turbos do ( so you get cooler air than using a turbo entering the motor), there is virtually no lag and you could hide them behind the head of your bike and the carb would be just about under the front of the bike seat. most people wouldnt even know its there. just let me know if you want any more info. im no expert but ive read the right books and spoken to the people who know.

ozkat
20-04-2005, 12:36 PM
ct26 is the ideal size turbo for a reasonably standard 1000cc to 1300cc. should give you somewhere between 250hp and 320hp depending on your setup. Rexie are you talking about a draw through or blow through system? forget the twin turbos.... not worth the trouble. most bikes dont have enough room for 1 turbo let alone 2. the major problem most bikes have with a blow through system is getting the turbo mounted high enough to drain the oil back to the sump. as well as the front wheel touching the turbo when the forks are compressed.most turbo busas run a 5deg extra rake on the steering head to stop the turbo touching. deisel turbos generally are not a good option as they take too long to spool up. also some turbos are not rebuildable, maybe thats why they are cheap on ebay etc. setting up 4 carbs to run a blow through system can be very frustrating as well as expensive. esp when you start blowing plastic bits off your carbs when your boost is too high. a draw through system however generally only uses 1 carb. most i have seen either run a S.U or a Weber type carb which is much easier to rejet and modify but the turbo is much further from the exhaust/head and therefor you can get quiet a bit of "turbo lag" you also dont have a problem with returning oil back to the sump because it is mounted directly behind the inlet ports. both systems have many pros and cons. there is an excellent book called Motorcycle turbocharging, supercharging, and nitrous oxide. by Joe Haile. from amazon books for about $25.00. supercharging is another option im looking into now. there are some really compact superchargers available from japan at the moment. s/hand from around $250. the thing i like about the supercharger is you keep your exhaust, they dont create heat like the turbos do ( so you get cooler air than using a turbo entering the motor), there is virtually no lag and you could hide them behind the head of your bike and the carb would be just about under the front of the bike seat. most people wouldnt even know its there. just let me know if you want any more info. im no expert but ive read the right books and spoken to the people who know.

Gix11
20-04-2005, 06:12 PM
..and you seem to have got your computer working again. A man of many talents Ozkat........

Gix11
20-04-2005, 06:12 PM
..and you seem to have got your computer working again. A man of many talents Ozkat........

20-04-2005, 06:40 PM
serious hardware Oz, like the sound of the supercharger.$250 aint much,what r they off n what do they include.much smoother delivery,turbo lag is very dangerous.red sum crap on a dude with 512HP turbo hirebus,had massive lagg but hold ona ya hats when it kicked in,gotta ride with the rear lit up or it would loop out.not much fun on the annual 16 hour ride

20-04-2005, 06:40 PM
serious hardware Oz, like the sound of the supercharger.$250 aint much,what r they off n what do they include.much smoother delivery,turbo lag is very dangerous.red sum crap on a dude with 512HP turbo hirebus,had massive lagg but hold ona ya hats when it kicked in,gotta ride with the rear lit up or it would loop out.not much fun on the annual 16 hour ride

luke111
20-04-2005, 07:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/gixxer1.jpg
It looked much better installed.
Remember, an amateur build the ark, professionals built the titanic.

luke111
20-04-2005, 07:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/gixxer1.jpg
It looked much better installed.
Remember, an amateur build the ark, professionals built the titanic.

20-04-2005, 07:50 PM
that is tric Luke but would cost the average bozo 5 large.that aint the same bike as 4 sale is it?if so where do ya go from here?Supercharger maybe,but thyat idea probly bores ya shitless.;)

20-04-2005, 07:50 PM
that is tric Luke but would cost the average bozo 5 large.that aint the same bike as 4 sale is it?if so where do ya go from here?Supercharger maybe,but thyat idea probly bores ya shitless.;)

Gix11
21-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Good to see ya back Luke. Nice work on that install mate. Ozkat told me it ran real sweet as well.

Gix11
21-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Good to see ya back Luke. Nice work on that install mate. Ozkat told me it ran real sweet as well.

21-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Hmmm I like that supercharger idea OzKat, definitely interested in more info on that.

I could become the fastest public servant in history (is that an oxy-moron?)

Not real fussed on the complexity/jumbled look of turbos on bikes, do you get the same with new compact superchargers? The only s/chargers I've seen on bikes were huge lumps off the side of the motor, not a good look.

21-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Hmmm I like that supercharger idea OzKat, definitely interested in more info on that.

I could become the fastest public servant in history (is that an oxy-moron?)

Not real fussed on the complexity/jumbled look of turbos on bikes, do you get the same with new compact superchargers? The only s/chargers I've seen on bikes were huge lumps off the side of the motor, not a good look.

21-04-2005, 06:43 PM
OZPUSS its an engine with 3 motors.DAVO u bin riding with me long enough to know that in some stage of the ride there will be a "corner" & the hours we have spent getting these buggers to run on the outside of the latest product.CALL ME OLD FASHIONED! CALL ME WOT YA WILL!(roy & H.G)
Ozkat make shure the bugger will tip in when asked.
chalk10 r ya in the council?
Ozkat?do u have 2 drop comp or wot?

21-04-2005, 06:43 PM
OZPUSS its an engine with 3 motors.DAVO u bin riding with me long enough to know that in some stage of the ride there will be a "corner" & the hours we have spent getting these buggers to run on the outside of the latest product.CALL ME OLD FASHIONED! CALL ME WOT YA WILL!(roy & H.G)
Ozkat make shure the bugger will tip in when asked.
Ozkat?do u have 2 drop comp or wot?

21-04-2005, 09:44 PM
yep,fuck the H.P if ya cant turn it.there,s only so fast ya can go but fighters r all about demo's,so if ya gunna build it,make sure ya can demo it[:p]

21-04-2005, 09:44 PM
yep,fuck the H.P if ya cant turn it.there,s only so fast ya can go but fighters r all about demo's,so if ya gunna build it,make sure ya can demo it[:p]

Gix11
22-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Now I'm the thick shit. "Demo it" - what's that? Take it for a spin round the block and kick the tyres?

Gix11
22-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Now I'm the thick shit. "Demo it" - what's that? Take it for a spin round the block and kick the tyres?

22-04-2005, 06:48 PM
DAVO is just a show-off[8D]

22-04-2005, 06:48 PM
DAVO is just a show-off[8D]

23-04-2005, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by mad mundy

Say what? [?]

23-04-2005, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by mad mundy

Say what? [?]

BOHEMION
25-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Mini Charges can come in very dif sizes, they can come in da shape of a turbo just looks abit longer and rounder, The best thing about a supercharger is reliability and best bang for ya bucks, Youve got boost even at idle, Even though you can get more power through the perfect turbo charging, A supercharger takes less maintenance and produces less heat. Better yet A supercharger can be fitted with a water spray kit, as to turbo charging dont even think about adding water into that thing. Try a mini intercooler set up.

For eg:

your at a drag meet, you've got 5 races to complete
The Super charger with the correct set up and water spray kit will last all 5 drags

The Turbo bike would suffer lag after the 3rd race because of Heat exhaustion or Varnishing(oil Burn), If a turbo isnt set up perfectly for this kinda riding this for sure will happen, Even detonation can occur on both EFi and carby bikes, ( Thats a flame that occurs in the manifold and can kill valves and turbos and piping, BIG BACK FIRE)

All in all if youve got the time and patients to test and set up the turbo DO IT because it will make more power. If not than Adding a blower is the go. They both have a science to them and understanding. BUT from the look of what Oz Kat has got, he is gonan do a propper job of it

chong
26-05-2005, 05:16 PM
mate that sorts out that problem of where are we gonna pack the hail dryer hahahahahaha[:o)]

26-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey chong[^] he say`s[8D] DONT SHITWITH ME[}:)] mate do you know wot he means[?]