PDA

View Full Version : BASTARD/2

ozkat
26-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Being a little finance impared during the month of March ( Daughters b/day 3march, wife b/day 11 march, #1 son b/day 18 march, #2 son b/day 25 march, house insurance 8 march, car insurance 20 march, car rego 21 march, and the TV shit it self last week!!! ) and also needing a new rear tyre for the GSXR to pass a RWC and pay rego. i got a 25% worn Bridgestone BT012 off a mate for free. rode to the bike shop got it fitted ... GREAT. rode home (about 2km) and got a fuckin great big screw in it!!! FAAARRRKKK!!! right in the middle of the tyre. i cant really afford to go and buy a new tyre atm and the RWC is booked for Tues arvo.the big question is can i safley get the tyre plugged? i even actually went and sifted through all the old bike tyres behind the bike shops at Nerang this arvo hoping i might find something half decent. I really dont want to drive the car to Nambucca.

26-03-2005, 09:19 PM
a plug will get you rego but aint recommended 4 1200klm' rides with a bunch of lunatics. get rego an then wack the old slick back on oz,if it fails i got a plug kit. keep searchin the bins,coz ya might get lucky.if all else fails the wife should understand when she doesn't get a present.;)

ozkat
26-03-2005, 09:42 PM
i actually have a good Michlen race slick here. any tips on hand grooving Davo? Mundy?

27-03-2005, 08:23 AM
mad is the expert here mate,think he uses a hot leather carving chisel .tread pattern can be measured off your old tyre.

27-03-2005, 07:41 PM
OZKAT,just finished a new front this morn`n.I use a soldering iron with a leather cutting bit on the end,check her up with 800 grit & keep it warm.a basic compas with white crayon.set it at 105mm at inner lip will get ya goin` (spacing).17"
I have said tool if you need it,il`buzz it overnite?
You gotta be there!