PDA

View Full Version : Essential Streetfighter Kit

TurboKat
12-04-2007, 09:01 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Number-Plate-Flipper-No-more-fines_W0QQitemZ230113729210QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3262 8QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
:D:D:D:D:D:D
[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]
I've emailed the evil genius & arksed him how many $$ he wants to make me one, who's in?

EXBEN
12-04-2007, 09:48 PM
One of my customers has one of these
http://www.mannsmotorsports.com/fastags/
hooked up to his pass button.
Works ok but the plate does bounce a bit ova bumps.

EXBEN
12-04-2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/837607820325310.jpg

sharky
12-04-2007, 09:56 PM
quote:Essential Streetfighter Kit

In your case I would have thought a fookin Streetfighter would be a good start :D

I'd be interested as I'm remodelling the tailunit on me bike and could make it fit.

Iceman
12-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Could you make one using a central locking actuator from a car?

sharky
12-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm guessing any electro magnetic switch type thingy could do it..Iwould say its geting the linkage right thats the fun bit.

Jockney Rebel
13-04-2007, 12:37 AM
ah jist use an old choke cable tyed to yer thumb.....:} wasnt someone makin these back home russ? i seem to remeber seein them advertised then swiftly dissappear i want one anyway ive only got 3pts left

MDM
13-04-2007, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

ah jist use an old choke cable tyed to yer thumb.....:} wasnt someone makin these back home russ? i seem to remeber seein them advertised then swiftly dissappear i want one anyway ive only got 3pts left

:D Yeah, they advertised for one whole month and got asked politely (ahem) to stop making them...
Apparently there's still someone making kits that're available off t'internet... dunno who though...

chopiesel
13-04-2007, 04:13 AM
ben is that the gixxer in this months rapid?

alfiestorm
13-04-2007, 05:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

Could you make one using a central locking actuator from a car?

Yes Ice I have done that already perfectly doable:) and would probaly take the avarage person a couple of hours to make from scratch.
It just depends if ya can be bothered to build one or buy one.

Most of the parts will be available from car wreckers

TurboKat
13-04-2007, 08:05 AM
This is the email I got back from him. This cunt is SERIOUSLY KIDDING HIMSELF :( Three thousand five hundred fucking dollars, what a fucking wanker :(
I think I'll make my own thankyouverymuch.

hi mate. these are bloody expensive things to make. i need to know what sort of bike you have as well so i can make it to suit accordingly. they are made of high quality parts and come with easy to follow wiring instructions. one of these costs me about $3500 to make believe me or not so thay are quite expensive if you want one made however it only takes one insurance guy to see you and increase your premium or cancel it altogether to make that up!!! they are cnc machined, have a poweder coated finish, and are very, very sturdy. not legal for the street though, only for the track!!!!! if you want one, email me what type of bike you have, whether you want indicator mounts and i will have it to you in 3 weeks. cheers chris

TurboKat
13-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I just had another look at the original ad after looking at Ben's Fastags link & you can see where the Fastags stickers used to be [B)]
Makes 'em himself eh? :( Yeah, right mate.

EXBEN
13-04-2007, 09:40 AM
quote:chopiesel Posted - 13 Apr 2007 : 04:13:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ben is that the gixxer in this months rapid?

No.

latheboy
13-04-2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/83760821413807.jpg

CNC'ed my arse ... I might only be a lowly toolmaker so i dont know these things;)but could anyone point to the cnc'ed part ... what a fucking homo [xx(]... so how many people are gonna put in orders just to piss him off:D

damo1
13-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Fuckme $3500 grand what a fuckn knucklehead is he for real[:0]he must be on some serious sort of medication to actually think people are that fuckn stupid.
If thats how much they cost him to make he took a massive loss on ebay.

nothing else can be said about this tool[:o)]

damo1
13-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Have you got his email address maybe every body here could email him and tell what they think of the
price of his product.

fimpBIKES
13-04-2007, 01:02 PM
if its CNC'd why wouldnt u make the hinge a bit more descreit????
wanker

seriously though, from what i understand if cops see a hinge anywhere near your number plate your in deep deep shit

pt
13-04-2007, 01:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

This is the email I got back from him. This cunt is SERIOUSLY KIDDING HIMSELF :( Three thousand five hundred fucking dollars, what a fucking wanker :(
I think I'll make my own thankyouverymuch.

hi mate. these are bloody expensive things to make. i need to know what sort of bike you have as well so i can make it to suit accordingly. they are made of high quality parts and come with easy to follow wiring instructions. one of these costs me about $3500 to make believe me or not so thay are quite expensive if you want one made however it only takes one insurance guy to see you and increase your premium or cancel it altogether to make that up!!! they are cnc machined, have a poweder coated finish, and are very, very sturdy. not legal for the street though, only for the track!!!!! if you want one, email me what type of bike you have, whether you want indicator mounts and i will have it to you in 3 weeks. cheers chris

so who is gonna use their indicators on the track then?;)

and these things sometimes flop down over bumps which is a bugger:)

Hillsy
13-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I think his pitch is that insurance companies are supposedly spotting road bikes at track days and voiding their insurance claims (????). Still, he's a goose and I think we should arrange a bulk order and than cancel it after he's "made" them :D

damo1
13-04-2007, 02:29 PM
BAAhaaaa yeah bloody oth.

Gix11
13-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Did you miss the title of the item as well? "NO more fines" .......on the track?

KRASH
13-04-2007, 07:47 PM
TOSSER...

There is about $3.50 worth of parts in it and an old solonoid out of mums twin tub...[B)]

KRASH
13-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Talk to stocky... he has hatched a devious plan for one to work off a cable set up that auto flips over a certain speed...

Large
13-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Just fucking steal some other cunts plates

War_Hound
13-04-2007, 10:48 PM
I borrowed a bike from my mechanic once (while he did my paint job and a service) I said to him .. dont worry mate I will take it easy with it ... he said flog the shit out of it. its still registered to my X wife LOL

madmaxman1986
14-04-2007, 02:53 AM
I have another secret tool for hiding your plate at the track.

a wrench.

here in the states, we can't run the track with a plate on, a shart metal plate on the track wouldn't be good.

$3500 is an insult to all of us, I'm in for bombarding that ballsy faggot with hate e-mails if you guys are!