PDA

View Full Version : Ride from Sydney-Walcha (April?)

speeddemon
26-02-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm hgoing to do a ride from Sydney up Old pac to Wollombi, Gloster via bucketts Way and up Thunderbolts Way to Walcha. Maybe go back via Port Macquarie.

If ya havent been up there Thunderbolts way goes from 100m to about 1500m in 15km, and has awsome views, the best surface, fast sweeping corners & everything else between andone of the least used good bike roads I have seen. Last time I was up had to slow down cause my neck got too sore. If ya stay <150 gran & pop in the merc or some country boy ute will run ya off the road.

Thinking of heading up in Autumn, say early April and staying at Gloster the night. Let me know if interested.

26-02-2005, 08:51 PM
the Oxley H.W.Y between Walcha an Port is the best part of the ride in either direction.167 km of the fastest sweepers iv'e ever encountered.[:p]Seen a few blokes destroy their dreams on that stretch. just been resurfaced with brilliant tarmac:D thought you were comin on the nambucca run Speed[}:)]. still welcome 2 join us brother or has your mrs got ya NUTS in er hands[?]Either way mate Mad will always be up 4 the thunderbolts run. was my favourite 4 sure.

01-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Demon, Ausrex & I r do`n the "OX" on the way 2 da BUCCANEER`S meet.ya is most welcome to swing along.Yool need,clobber,ya bike & some consentration.
AHH! DAVO,remember that day up"THUNDERBOLTS"

speeddemon
22-03-2005, 09:22 PM
So anyone still keen? Let me know as Ill be going Mid April

23-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Im` always keen for da OX! will see wot goes after the 2nd