PDA

View Full Version : is it wirth it

resident e
23-02-2005, 01:07 AM
A, got a bandit 250. would removeing the air box and adding 4 pod filters to the carbs and removeing the baffles from the muffler improve power[:p]?or would it lose power over the rev range and just add more top end [B)]?or stuff it just leave it stock and wait until iv done my time on the Ls and Ps[V]. any comments r welcome just thinking about it i want more POWER. anyone out there turbocharger a 250cc 4 the hell of it, if u could do it cheep buy getting a mate to do all the fab.:D:D:D

ozkat
23-02-2005, 07:01 PM
keep it standard mate.. you will get more for it when you go to sell/trade it when you can buy a bigger bike. yeah sure you can turbo it. if fab. costs nothing. you will only have to spend about another $1500 on parts then another $500 on dyno time just to get it running right,if your lucky. after all that you will proberly end up with about 70hp. and bike that no one will want to buy. id keep the money in my pocket and save a few dollars. and when you get your open licence go and get a GSXR/CBR/R1/ZXR. but then ive never taken my own advice.

Crumbsnatcher
23-02-2005, 09:01 PM
I agree with ozkat, if yer gonna sell it then it's best to keep it as original and in as good a condition as possible. Although I got a K&N fillter and no baffles inn me zorst this was more out of necessity (AG parts in the nrth of Scotland are like hen teeth) it does give ya a bit more go and alot more noise but heck do you have to wait that long before you do your test?

24-02-2005, 11:01 AM
I agree with the others 2.

A K&N air filter to replace the original one would be better than airpods. A dynojet kit should give you a little more power as well without affecting resale value.

Removing your baffles could end up reducing useful power. If anything get a performance aftermarket exhaust and put the originals away for sale time. The exhaust/dynojet/K&N will give you a nice boost without detroying the bike's value.