PDA

View Full Version : carbs...... alternatives

Jockney Rebel
07-04-2007, 11:16 PM
right ..im gonna get ripped about this but the manual doesnt tell me what i need to know i need to know the size of my carbs [without taking them off ]manual says the model no is keihin vb43
and has a 33mm venturi[does that mean the inlet size]? ive bin told its a hell of a job to get these cvs to run good with pods and im not putting the airbox back on so any suggestions would be gratefully recieved ..i know fcrs are the bolox but i cant really afford them as they seem to be made of "unobtainium"
could i convert some suzi flatslides dy reckon ?

Zed14
07-04-2007, 11:20 PM
pm chrism41 he got the stock carbs working great on his cb1100 racebike he may sell them to you. he was on the blackbird at the afr.

Jockney Rebel
07-04-2007, 11:21 PM
cheers rexie

Jockney Rebel
09-04-2007, 12:03 AM
thanx for that rexie hes just contacted me got some resolutions to my prob.... maybe!

shift1313
09-04-2007, 04:22 AM
frankenbiker. Im running suzi 38mm flatslides on my gpz and yes thats 38mm on the motor side. I was doing some playing around today and looking at the cb750ss motor i have and all the inlet ports are at funny angles, not like the suzi or kaw motors. But the good part, the cb boots pop right over the 38mm flatslides. I dont know about spacing or carbs compared to your motor but if you want to check your carbs and see. If the ports are setup the same as this 750 motor it would be an easy swap for you. If you need me to measure anything let me know. It also seems weird that yours would have 33mm carbs.

Jockney Rebel
09-04-2007, 12:34 PM
yeah all the guys on the cb site in the us say the carbs should be 32 mmm / but i have found out thta aus bikes carbs( and other stuff) are slightly different to the us models btw cheers matt ill certainly get on to ya if i need to mate:Dmy inklets are all weird angles too i think they done that to keep the carbs in out of the way

09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Yanks normally get slightly lower spec bikes to Aus

Jockney Rebel
09-04-2007, 03:29 PM
so chris told me apparently my carb slides have an extra hole in them so it makes them easier to tune with pods he put me on to a firm called BMC which make twin pods for suzis that can be adapted for my carbs and get rid of the slide flutter

Jockney Rebel
09-04-2007, 03:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Yanks normally get slightly lower spec bikes to Aus
yeah chalk our bikes here are closer in spec to the euro models

shift1313
10-04-2007, 12:01 PM
stiffer spring might help the slide flutter problem. Usually kits come with lighter springs for your slides and its worse off that way when your running pods, imo. Best i can tell on this 750 motor the inlets were at angle to make room for the valves. this one has dohc with 4valves per cyl, i guess 79 was the first year for that. I have some carb parts here as well and i can measure the cb carbs i have, maybe they have stiffer slide springs in them and youd be welcome to them. Im sure post on some springs isnt much, unless you can find something closer to you

Jockney Rebel
10-04-2007, 05:34 PM
ta matt
what u say seems to make sense as it would appear to me that the problem is increased velocity of the air coming thru the venturi that makes the slides flutter..my engines the same as the 750 just bigger same layout too dohc 16v
thanks for the offer but i may be able to sort this out one way or another from this end
cheers mate ..hows the geep btw

shift1313
12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
coming along good. just made a template for my undertail tonight, hope to get an aluminum version done tomorrow then fiberglass by this weekend, and maybe get the seat cover and final paint done, ill cross my fingers on that one though.

as for the carbs, i know when i was having a stutter problem on my stock 36mm carbs i enlarged the hole on the slide. My problem was the slides werent going up fast enough.

Jockney Rebel
12-04-2007, 09:17 PM
i like yer work matt ..did i see yore handle on the cb900 /1100 site in the U.S.?
we already have the hole made bigger here ..i looked at the slides today and theyre a bit scarred... anyway i have some powerjets comin im gonna play with see what happens

shift1313
14-04-2007, 07:46 AM
nope im not on any cb sites. Geez i have enough forums to follow as it is:) Im on a first gen camaro board, thumper board, jetski board, starion board, 750turbo, this site,sfoc, im sure a few more,

the cb750 motor actually went into a gocart that a friend and i built a while back. we spent $20 on the whole thing and it was 8ft long cause we used the motor craddle and rear swingarm from the bike and sat infront of that. I really like building air cooled bikes so i might plan on building a frame to house the cb motor one day, right now it just sits in the corner of my garage.

good luck with the carbs!

Jockney Rebel
14-04-2007, 07:47 PM
ahh its sfoc ive seen u on then ta mate
rock on tommy:D get yon bike finished [8D]

Gix11
15-04-2007, 12:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by shift1313

nope im not on any cb sites. Geez i have enough forums to follow as it is:) Im on a first gen camaro board, thumper board, jetski board, starion board, 750turbo, this site,sfoc, im sure a few more,

the cb750 motor actually went into a gocart that a friend and i built a while back. we spent $20 on the whole thing and it was 8ft long cause we used the motor craddle and rear swingarm from the bike and sat infront of that. I really like building air cooled bikes so i might plan on building a frame to house the cb motor one day, right now it just sits in the corner of my garage.

good luck with the carbs!

Do you check all of these forums every time you get on the computer?