PDA

View Full Version : Data Logging

pappas
03-11-2011, 09:44 AM
What have people used for data logging on their bikes? We've been looking into a few different options but not many have on board memory.

Looking for someting that will log TPS, AFR's with a wideband and RPM's. Innovate (http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/) seems to be the best solution so far.

Anyone used anything else with success?

Also does anyone know if a Veypor has any additional anologue inputs to log afr's?

Booster
03-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Innovate are good value for money,
Aem have a new one out, an AQ1 that loggs faster, up to 1000 hz up from innovate 50 hz, good if your drag racing and want to log clutch takeup etc,
but for most the innovate dl32 and lc1 will cover pretty much all you want to do
It seems a little compliated initially setting up all the sensors etc but not hard once you get used to it
Good wiring setup here
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=130316.0;all

Deano
03-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Doubt the veypor has additional inputs. They keep saying there coming but never seem to.

My ecu will log everything so no need for an external logger

pappas
03-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Hey booster, I was hoping you'd answer. I noticed you used a K7-8 computer and ecueditor on your landspeed racer earlier this year. Did you buy the interface from boost by smith or did you make your own? TimTams just bought the ecueditor for his B-king and boost by smith has a minimum 2 week wait for the interface.

As for the Innovate dl32 and LC1, the price is up around $600-$700. I've been thinking about getting a K7-8 computer from the states and using the ecueditor's logging feature. Would you recommend this? Did you end up getting your dash to work? BTW my bike is a k3 GSXR750.

Thanks

Booster
03-11-2011, 12:43 PM
You would need the 07 1000 or 08+ 750 / 600 loom Whichever is closest in fit to your sensors and injectors , ecu,cam sensor,a Woolich racing interface that will support logging to sdcard (still not released ) Or Greg Smith at boostbysmith will carry these too, Justin Woolich is in QLD
Still going to run to the same sort of money
I had a boostbysmith interface but replaced it with a Woolich one as it had the faster baud rate for logging to a laptop on my dyno , but looking forward to the release of the datacard version
The Autotune works ok, but you have to set it carefully , i tend to look at its recommendations and manually adjust zones and blend more with nearby cells

pappas
03-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks Booster!

pappas
03-11-2011, 01:01 PM
I did have a look at Woolich racing's website. I didn't realise they were in Queensland. I've been reading a couple of his threads in regards to using a bluetooth device to connect from an android phone. Very clever stuff!