PDA

View Full Version : voltage reg/rect

hyofighter
02-11-2011, 12:42 AM
the vfr one is shot well i think it is anyhow , been told there common on the vfr to shit the biscuit but i cant real tell as the batt has dropped a cell and chucking a car batt at it with jumper leads i cant really fault it , but anyway im replacing the batt and i got a 04 cbr1000 one to wire in so problem solvered its got 3 yellows , red and a green wires , same as vfr , question is does the order in which the yellows are wired in matter , like as in the phasing as im guessing its a a/c input it wouldnt matter ???

Redmohawk
02-11-2011, 04:55 AM
shouldn't , its just a diode pack on the input side.

oldskool
02-11-2011, 11:36 AM
They can go in any order they are just the stator out put wires, you should never assume it to be the REC REG as it can also be the stator at fault.

hooligan
02-11-2011, 02:37 PM
when I got my 2000 model from a dealer, I had probs from the start, even though it had a new battery. I attached a trickle charger, went for a ride with my wife on the back, and it stopped just sitting in traffic (had a few hard starts on the ride, too).
The dealer picked the bike up to check it out. When i came back the next day, I was told that the loose connection to the battery caused by my trickle charger was the problem. I told them bullshit, but went on my way. It broke down 15ks up the road. Had a polite conversation with them, they picked it up again. They seemed confused, as they had tested the charging system. When I asked if they had tested the output of the stator, i got a lot of umming and ahhing, apparently to them the only part they checked from the charging system was the fucking battery. 2 minutes later, i was told the stator was cooked. On the VFR, if you have a problem with the stator it will cook the reg/rec fairly quickly, and then the battery.
I ended up having the stator, reg/rec and battery all replaced under warranty. While I was pushing them to repair it, i was told via email, that when the sales manager was using it, it had no electrical issues. Except for it stopping for no reason, but he didn't think that was an issue.
As OS said, check the stator too.

hyofighter
02-11-2011, 10:53 PM
cheers hooli i will check it out , cheers fellas