PDA

View Full Version : Carb help!

Weaselman
30-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok I put a new subframe on my GSXR750W and annoyingly I had to remove the airbox.
No yes normally this requires some rejetting BUT I put pobs over the rubber restrictors that were in the airbox which has her running fairly well but she wont rev out when you wind her on.

Im hoping a short term solution is to raise the main jet needle to the lowest clip position which should give her more fuel enough for the NFR.

Ive only got next week to sort it out before the NFR as I can only tinker with her on weekends.
Do the carbie tragics think this'll get by with the restrictors in without me having to change jets?

Ta
Weasel

RevHead
30-10-2011, 03:42 PM
i did my carbs ,leave you primary jets standard ,,you need to increase fuel on the main jets,,i got the rest of my stage 3 dyno jet kit here its yours for free,,if it helps ,,send me your addy and il post it to you
its running very lean ,,

Weaselman
30-10-2011, 03:58 PM
What size mains did you go too?
PM sent bro.
Also could i just raise the primarys up on the circlip as I am still using the airbox restrictors inside the pods?

RevHead
30-10-2011, 04:59 PM
my primaries are 48,s my mains 52s,,,try the clip but il post you the kit so u can play,pm received,,hey can you see the harbour from yur house,

Weaselman
30-10-2011, 05:03 PM
I just need it running better than she is for NFR.

RevHead
30-10-2011, 05:03 PM
it will be dont stress

Yella
30-10-2011, 05:43 PM
If ya want and can get over to mine (western Sydney) we can try and rig up the A/F gauge to see what is going on

Weaselman
30-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Shes just lean mate since I had to put pods on. I'll give her more fuel and that should sort it out. I wont have any time during the week ive only got next weekend to sort it out so i'll just tinker with it here. Ive got A/F guages here.

Redmohawk
30-10-2011, 06:54 PM
I've only done 3 bikes from air box to pods now but 2 went up one is slightly down on main from 105 to 100's but idle went up to 42's from 35's others went from 105's (kwaka 600) to 115's with 45 idle (from 35) and kwaka 750 from 115 to 125 idle the same as was in it.

I've found shortening and mounting the carb bowl breathers to a length close to the pods helps with getting it all running better. On betty moving my legs around from pegs too pillion pegs effected the air fuel mixtures by up to 1 point (14/1 to 13/1 difference) before moving. Possably mounting them in the air stream like a turbo bike may help but I havent tryed this as of yet.

I didnt find moving needles gave enough to sort the initial tune , more a sorting the middle out after flat out was right. And went through about 4 sets of needles and ended up turning up my own. if your having trouble sorcing jets and are pritty sure its lean jacar electronic sell a fine drill kit with a range from .35 mm up to about 1.5 mm in common steps for jets for about $15 .

If you can get too yella's place it will make life a whole lot easyer.

fimpBIKES
30-10-2011, 11:22 PM
wrap a bunch tape around the pods?

RevHead
31-10-2011, 05:57 AM
its all good the kit im sending him is for the ,w, series he,l sought it out,,

80s freak
31-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Just be careful it's not running to rich, i have seen it a few times where the pods are to small and don't flow enough air in the top end. If the bike is breaking down as the revs rise then it's to lean, but if it just gets doughy and won't rev then it is probably rich. I'm doing a bandit 12 at the moment that is off the AFR scale rich because it is to restricted by the small pods.
Take the restrictors out and get it on a gauge at least or better still on a dyno. Then you will know where it's at. Don't guess, then can and will go wrong and you'll cost yourself power.

Weaselman
31-10-2011, 12:36 PM
I've put big foam uni filters on mate and she strangles out unless you wind it on real slow and even then she's strangling. I just need it running better in the midrange and up top for NFR the pilots are fine as she idles well and pulls grime the basement with no worries. My only major drama is I've only got a weekend to sort it. Revheads generous donation of main jets should sort her out

RevHead
31-10-2011, 02:17 PM
ok the kits in the mail you should have it thursday ,i instructed them like you asked cheers enjoy

Weaselman
31-10-2011, 05:41 PM
beer for you at NFR mate

RevHead
31-10-2011, 08:32 PM
nah wild turkey,also i was thinking if you use my standard main jets ,from my 1100,,that should be enough fuel for the 750,,there in the kit its not rocket science,it took me a few goes to get mine sorted just be patient ,cheers and good luck fella
\

Dynomutt
31-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Remove the airbox parts from the carbs. check the lip inside the foam filter isn't restricting the vent to the underside of the diaphram or the pilot/main airjets. with those foam filters you'll need to increase the mainjet size by approx 15% to start with and see how it goes. I've had several bikes fitted with individual foam filters on my dyno, on some carbs the lip on the inside can abstruct the pilot/main airjets, and also the vent to the underside of the diaphram which reduces the slide lift. Whatever mainjet you have fitted increase it by approximately 15% Just raising the needle will only affect the midrange, and will have no effect on wide open throttle.

Weaselman
01-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Noted. Cheers mate. The carbs are still original factory set up. I'll do all the rest when my jets turn up.

And Wild Turkey it is Revhead.

Weaselman
02-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Hey revhead!

Jets turned up today. Just wondering are the circlips at the factory setting or should they be moved to the 3 from the bottom position Dynojet suggest
Also do you think i'll get away with just doing the jets or should i do the whole lot?

RevHead
02-11-2011, 06:55 PM
do the jets leave tne clips try that 1st also use my original jets ,for your mains ,,itl take a lot of fucking around carbs on carbs off