PDA

View Full Version : A Response to "Race Fans Deny Their Inner Ghoul"

Merlyn
28-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Very well written, and thought out response. Pretty much sums it up.

http://www.asbk.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=2&view=article&id=602

wackyrider
28-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Well written and good response

Hillsy
29-10-2011, 10:39 AM
That is a well written response - but he probably would have been better off leaving out the stats at the end (there's been more than 3 deaths in motorcycle racing since 2003).

Shadowzone
29-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I think he was referring solely to Moto GP Hillsy. From memory (which isn't working real well right now) thats about the right figure.

I liked it. Well thought out, no venom, no fould language, just a succinct answer to a stupid article which had the sole purpose of selling newspapers.

Nudie
29-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Thank you Yarrive Konsky, I wish I could write as eloquently as your good self.
Jill Singer, catch an incurable disease you fucking mole. Your choice of making a living by creating sensationalist garbage makes me feel nothing but hatred for you and your peers. Pond scum has more meaning on this planet. When you start collating the negative feedback that your article has provoked, just remember, you started it, cunt

kev@vcm
29-10-2011, 07:44 PM
TOP RESPONSE well written

Hillsy
29-10-2011, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

I think he was referring solely to Moto GP Hillsy. From memory (which isn't working real well right now) thats about the right figure.

I liked it. Well thought out, no venom, no fould language, just a succinct answer to a stupid article which had the sole purpose of selling newspapers.

There's only been 2 fatalities in MotoGP since 2003 IIRC (Katoh and Simoncelli). If you include Moto2, then Tomizawa would be the third. But he is quoting fatalities in "motorcycle racing", which obviously includes a lot of other classes and riders (EG Pete Lenz, the 13 YO who died at a support race at the 2010 Indy GP - if you Google that one you'll find a much more full-on media circus than this one).

I totally agree that the response is excellent, just that if you are going to retort to someones' sensationalist dickheaded opinion you shouldn't present statistics that are inaccurate or can easily be discounted as untrue. It's just adding fuel to that sensationalist dickheads' fire.

Jockney Rebel
30-10-2011, 11:39 PM
..the bird who wrote the original piece is a fuckwit..end of