PDA

View Full Version : Show us ya truck

Weaselman
28-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Im bored and I know some of you are drivers so show us ya truck. Heres my ol hack
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/Merlyn3333/photo.jpg

BANDITROD
28-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Do you do Sydney -melb do you weasel

Weaselman
28-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Naa mate I do the Tarcutta changeover. Not many companies run the whole way if they have the trucks to spare. Also do all the metro shit in Sydney.

BANDITROD
28-10-2011, 08:25 PM
The reason I ask is because I have seen cahill trucks down this way before

ALBI
28-10-2011, 08:52 PM
ill get a pic of hills tankers and post them up ,all of petes is b double fuel tankers and when i was at tefol i used to carry out the a and b services on every sat at his yard he has 21 trucks by memory comprising of 908's.904's,408's 1x new k109 1x k108, columbia used for day work and a new cat truck with sleeper"only saying that as they dont come with one and he had to get it made to suit " all his fleet is white with grey chassis and no markings of any sort on body always looking fucking great as the whole fleet is washed every couple o days and seviced weekly .

have you noticed the k109 how it has the side step seperate and flat ??
it is due to have the swing out step same as the argosy !

Weaselman
29-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Delete Reply
Woooow serviced weekly theres a notion. All we got is defect books and drivers who are half decent mechanics. And ive got to wash my own truck. Our fleet is made up of 658's like mine, aerodynes, 408's a few mack CH's for the wharf work and a few olb bombs.
Were getting the new aerodynes with the 600hp cummins engines.

And Banditrod I dont know what they are doing out your way but we do all of husqvarnas distribution so im guessing thats what that is but it aint me driving those runs.

ALBI
29-10-2011, 07:40 PM
watch the cummins mate they are chewing the coolant the turbos are water cooled and on average kenworth are doing them during serviceing !! that is why peter hills is staying with CAT engines ,such a pitty its very hard to get a keny with a CAT!!
yeh mate pete look after his fleet even has a washing facitity at his depot in rutherford 4 wash bays for his b doubles and the fith is a hot water/steam cleaner that he places into the tankers on a regular basis to keep the tankers clean inside as he has a majour diesel contract and cant afford to loose it.

ALBI
29-10-2011, 07:44 PM
forgot to ask are ur cobra hats rusting yet ??

Shadowzone
29-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm currently truckless but contemplating jumping back into one for the next few months over the Christmas Uni Break. Make some dollars and piss off out of em again. Or do one overnight a week to shitney.

I'm still undecided about the whole thing. I don't really want to get back into them but one a week to Melbourne isn't hard work.

Large
29-10-2011, 08:21 PM
I got one of these-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tamiya-1-14-R-C-FORD-AEROMAX-Tractor-Truck-Model-Kit-/380377118501?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item58903e3725

And one of these-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tamiya-56306-Flatbed-Semi-Trailer-Tractor-Truck-/130590619570?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item1e67ceb7b2

10-4 rubber duckie!

Weaselman
29-10-2011, 09:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by ALBI

forgot to ask are ur cobra hats rusting yet ??

Nope I just keep Em clean. The chrome on these seems pretty good quality. But I know what you mean. I've had the stacks replaced already though. And cats are fucked now too. Westrack is fucking useless. Those mechanics if you can call them that have no idea. Every time we get a truck back from them they have fucked something up

ALBI
29-10-2011, 09:43 PM
yeh mate i know what you meen ,westrac is loosing blokes to the mines and have to fill the void with car mechs like me !!!
i used to work for westernstar in darwin as an spare parts interpretor before i became a mech and then went to mecedez benz at newcastle and then onto TEFOL i realy loved working on trucks was so easy to do everything is bigger and more esasy to handle,but wat did it for me was being asked to do perm nightshift till further notice and have 2 apprentices underme ,all was good untill i had to make a decission ,no big deal i made it and was drgged over the coals for it "fuck em" i dont need that .
to cut a very long story short ,take 1 x 408 kenworth the day foreman "bigdan knows realy well" diagnosed a faulty wheel brg on rhf steer cattle hauler ,him and 4th yr changed outside ,no biggie as foreman very knowageable . i come in at 3 pm and told that the same truck was comming back in with grease spitting out hub ?? hmmm oil filled they are!! so at 6 pm he rolls in and i put in shop ,pull wheel of and a fair bit of molten grease is all over the wheel,hub and has come out the stemco cap!!.
i asked why it wasnt full of oil as it should be !! he said he preferd grease as it always leaks the oil out of that hub,fair call ,so i pulled down,hmm brgs are scored and blue from heat hmmmm no grease as it all went to goop from heat???
whilst i was cleaning the stub i noticed a step in the outside shank for the outer brg cone and an step on the inside for the inner cone
ie; inner has worn the top of the stub and outer had worn the lower of stub ??
with it all cleaned i put toghether dry and tried to adjust brg to spec but it binded up hmm i got the machine shop foreman to have a look and he confirmed that stub axle was fucked !!!!
$3800 later from gilbert and roach for a new stub and kingpin kit,wheeel brgs i calle owner and he was supprised but said go ahead i need it in morning ,i couldnt finish job as i coulndt find the reamer to tidy up i beam so left a hand over for day shift and went home at 6 am.
later on i was called at home and called a useless prick for miss diagnoseing ???WTF !!!

i went in early and went to boss/one of the owners - john ,and asked WTF?? i was told the stub was purfect ,the brgs were fine and now the onwer isnt happy with me !!! then i said ok so either the stub axle is fucked and was allowing the wheel bearing to bind up and heat up "now remember that owner told me that he wanted grease filled not oil filled as it looses the oil??" well if the stub was fucked ,as it was and the brgs were left a smidge loose to compensate for wear in stub so it wouldnt bind ,the oil loss out of rear hub seal due to loose brg and wear is all an indication of a problem ,in which i found!!! either that or the foreman had a shocker and over tightened the bearing to the point it fucked it !! but ?"i know he is a talented tech and loves trucks aswell as anyone i know? and john said no he didnt overtighten but hell look into it, 1 month later and i asked ,so what was it ????dont know he replied i havent done anything about it ???? you are a car mech allan he replied thats why you miss diagnosed it !!!! FUCK YOU JOHN !! and that is 1 of 10 reasons i left the raod transport game and aint looked back ,beside im on more money and 1/2 the hours lolol strange thing is i still miss working with the boys even more raod testing those fuckers lolol
sorry weasel i got off on a rant .

Hagarr
29-10-2011, 11:00 PM
No more Cat engines in road going trucks I've been told, can't meet emmissions, only earthmoving and ofroad now.

So Cumminns it is I guess or Euro.

ALBI
30-10-2011, 08:37 AM
yes there is as cat has their own truck in aust now ! it use the international navistar, has a cat bonnet and cat donk the c15 acert motor was the first in there as it is compliant till next year i think ? but they"CAT" are using the navistar top end to try and get it to meet emisions and because it is a new truck it gives them 3 more years to be compliant .

there is also the detroit deisel but it was bought by merc and has been changed to an mw800 which is what freightliner use in the columbia class bonnet series and the detroit by memory is used the the argosy a cab over, it has been that way for a few years no and the only way to buy a detroit is to buy a freighty

BANDITROD
30-10-2011, 09:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

Delete Reply
Woooow serviced weekly theres a notion. All we got is defect books and drivers who are half decent mechanics. And ive got to wash my own truck. Our fleet is made up of 658's like mine, aerodynes, 408's a few mack CH's for the wharf work and a few olb bombs.
Were getting the new aerodynes with the 600hp cummins engines.

And Banditrod I dont know what they are doing out your way but we do all of husqvarnas distribution so im guessing thats what that is but it aint me driving those runs.
That would explain it there are a couple of husky dealers out here

Weaselman
30-10-2011, 03:07 PM

yes there is as cat has their own truck in aust now ! it use the international navistar, has a cat bonnet and cat donk the c15 acert motor was the first in there as it is compliant till next year i think ? but they"CAT" are using the navistar top end to try and get it to meet emisions and because it is a new truck it gives them 3 more years to be compliant .

there is also the detroit deisel but it was bought by merc and has been changed to an mw800 which is what freightliner use in the columbia class bonnet series and the detroit by memory is used the the argosy a cab over, it has been that way for a few years no and the only way to buy a detroit is to buy a freighty

You notice that the CAT truck doesnt sell well and Ive seen more argosys doing wharf work than on the hwy. Nearly every truck I see on the long haul is a Kenworth and most of them are 10+ years old. Shit weve got an AUTO aerodyne with 930,000 on it that still goes fine.
Also you nearly every single truck you'll see doing the wharf work is euro or jap.

ALBI
30-10-2011, 03:59 PM
yeh mate ive seen the CAT isnt doing well ,thats because it comes as a day cab only ,and if you want a interstate hauler you need a custom sleeper.so fucking silly !

you know why most are jap or euro ,because of the auto and argosy has smart shift still an roadranger but has an x-y shifter in place of the pogo stick and is ecu controlled ever noticed how argosy drivers seen to have flawless shifting ???

Weaselman
30-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah some of our have the Eaton Fuller 18sp autoshift.

Ive got an E.F. 18sp stick and stir. Autos piss me off. You can never get them moving as fast as a manual because the brain cant figure out if it can skip a gear so 9 times out of 10 it'll go all the way through the box

Shadowzone
30-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I loved my Agony. Was the best truck ever even if it did have the Shitty Acert in it. the only way to drive the Acerts is like the old detroits - redline the cunts into oblivion because if ya don't they won't pull. Still miss the bunk in it there's nothing like a king single to sleep in after a long day wandering down the highway.

I would take a detroit or Cummins any day of the week over a Cat. they should have stuck to earthmoving. The word on the street is that Kenworth being owned by Paccar like DAF are going to be offering the DAF motor in their trucks. I think it will be interesting if they do. And I'll take a RR box over anythign with an autoshift. I drove an IVECO with the auto and it was like driving a car. Quiet and nothing to do. the poofter things put me to sleep. Still it was funny overtaking some of Geoff Richards big bangers up the hills heading up north to Muckeye from Brisneyland. Made for some interesting remarks on the two way!

I guess when its all said and done I'm happy with whatever I'm driving. Just give me plenty of hp a box and let me at it. Oh and I'll take an overnighter all day everyday over daylight hours driving. Fuck the cagers and their imbecilic actions!

Jockney Rebel
30-10-2011, 11:37 PM
..kin hell ill have van with a cummins in it after xmas if all goes according to plan ..be a lefft hooker tho .....

JackTar
31-10-2011, 06:13 PM

yeh mate i know what you meen ,westrac is loosing blokes to the mines and have to fill the void with car mechs like me !!!
i used to work for westernstar in darwin as an spare parts interpretor before i became a mech and then went to mecedez benz at newcastle and then onto TEFOL i realy loved working on trucks was so easy to do everything is bigger and more esasy to handle,but wat did it for me was being asked to do perm nightshift till further notice and have 2 apprentices underme ,all was good untill i had to make a decission ,no big deal i made it and was drgged over the coals for it "fuck em" i dont need that .
to cut a very long story short ,take 1 x 408 kenworth the day foreman "bigdan knows realy well" diagnosed a faulty wheel brg on rhf steer cattle hauler ,him and 4th yr changed outside ,no biggie as foreman very knowageable . i come in at 3 pm and told that the same truck was comming back in with grease spitting out hub ?? hmmm oil filled they are!! so at 6 pm he rolls in and i put in shop ,pull wheel of and a fair bit of molten grease is all over the wheel,hub and has come out the stemco cap!!.
i asked why it wasnt full of oil as it should be !! he said he preferd grease as it always leaks the oil out of that hub,fair call ,so i pulled down,hmm brgs are scored and blue from heat hmmmm no grease as it all went to goop from heat???
whilst i was cleaning the stub i noticed a step in the outside shank for the outer brg cone and an step on the inside for the inner cone
ie; inner has worn the top of the stub and outer had worn the lower of stub ??
with it all cleaned i put toghether dry and tried to adjust brg to spec but it binded up hmm i got the machine shop foreman to have a look and he confirmed that stub axle was fucked !!!!
$3800 later from gilbert and roach for a new stub and kingpin kit,wheeel brgs i calle owner and he was supprised but said go ahead i need it in morning ,i couldnt finish job as i coulndt find the reamer to tidy up i beam so left a hand over for day shift and went home at 6 am.
later on i was called at home and called a useless prick for miss diagnoseing ???WTF !!!

i went in early and went to boss/one of the owners - john ,and asked WTF?? i was told the stub was purfect ,the brgs were fine and now the onwer isnt happy with me !!! then i said ok so either the stub axle is fucked and was allowing the wheel bearing to bind up and heat up "now remember that owner told me that he wanted grease filled not oil filled as it looses the oil??" well if the stub was fucked ,as it was and the brgs were left a smidge loose to compensate for wear in stub so it wouldnt bind ,the oil loss out of rear hub seal due to loose brg and wear is all an indication of a problem ,in which i found!!! either that or the foreman had a shocker and over tightened the bearing to the point it fucked it !! but ?"i know he is a talented tech and loves trucks aswell as anyone i know? and john said no he didnt overtighten but hell look into it, 1 month later and i asked ,so what was it ????dont know he replied i havent done anything about it ???? you are a car mech allan he replied thats why you miss diagnosed it !!!! FUCK YOU JOHN !! and that is 1 of 10 reasons i left the raod transport game and aint looked back ,beside im on more money and 1/2 the hours lolol strange thing is i still miss working with the boys even more raod testing those fuckers lolol
sorry weasel i got off on a rant .

Did anyone else not read that whole reply or just me?

ALBI
31-10-2011, 06:26 PM
i didnt jacktar and i wrote it "" as i said down the bottom i was having a rant !!

bty shadowzone ,yeh the keny is comming with the daf donk doh