PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Relining

Shadowzone
27-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know of anyone here in oz that relines lids?

I know there are places in the states that will replace the liner with your choice of material and design as well as the straps. I'm wondering if it's a viable alternative to replacing my lid for the short term.

Hillsy
27-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Are you considering this from a cost perspective? I couldn't imagine it being any cheaper than buying a new HJC or something similar anyway.

fimpBIKES
28-10-2011, 05:53 AM
what is the helmet?
you might be able to buy new liners online

i did on my icon to get the fit spot on

Shadowzone
28-10-2011, 09:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

Are you considering this from a cost perspective? I couldn't imagine it being any cheaper than buying a new HJC or something similar anyway.

I currently have a KBC and it's just shit. It doesn't feel right when I wear it. It's comfortable but just feels like it's sitting too high at the back. I don't trust it.

quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

what is the helmet?
you might be able to buy new liners online

i did on my icon to get the fit spot on

It's a Shoei XR1000 complete with that funky smell they get after being sweated in over and over again. Maybe I should just buy an Icon. How do they compare to Shoei's with fit? I haven't found a local stockist and it's a big punt shopping online with money I don't really have in case it turns out to be uncomfortable..

fimpBIKES
28-10-2011, 11:25 AM
not sure about shoei fit
i work for a living (no trust fund unfortunately) so i would never be able to afford one...

yoda
28-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Have you given it a really good wash? You can usually get rid of it with a trip through the washing.machine

Hillsy
28-10-2011, 12:16 PM
I went from a Shoei TZ1 to a HJC something-or-other and it's just as comfortable if not better. It's got a removeable lining (which I've washed a few times now) and it was about a third of the price of a new Shoei.