PDA

View Full Version : Help required with my TL500S pls

El_Hefty
25-10-2011, 10:10 AM
I have a late 97 TLS It went in for dyno tuning and pc111 mapping with a full yoshi system nothing else.

Up to 3000rpm roughly it coughs farts spits and runs like shit on the back cylinder over and above that runs great good power F/A ratio is great but below that yep runs like crap spits and missfires etc. and the f/a ration goes to shit its losing spark on the rear cylinder and sometimes throws a code 25 or at least has once which is ignition rear cylinder.

Heres a list of whats been done

# Changed Crank Pick up
# Changed coil, Ignition Lead and Plug
# Changed ECU
# Flow test Injectors
# Set & checked TPS adjustment
# Changed Map Sensor
# Balanced Throttle Bodies
# Removed Power Commander
# Leak down cylinder and check comp
# Ran new wiring from ECU to coil
# Tested wiring from pick up to ECU
# Set air gap for crank pick up
# Ran external power supply for Ignition Coil

Got me fucked and quite a few others too [V]

any suggestions (that are morally acceptable [^] ) appreciated

Chase
25-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Is it alarmed? Some alarm systems have connections to the ignition sensor on each cylinder. Thinking something is increasing the current resistance to the sensor which clears up when you're over 3k cause you're generating a higher current.

Maybe chuck a multimeter on the sensor and check resistance compared to the other cylinder.

El_Hefty
25-10-2011, 11:51 AM
no alarm system.

Chase
25-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Nothing else stopping the sensor from connecting correctly - rust/dirt/pieces of human flesh taken from some pedestrian who shouldn't have been on the footpath anyway?

Maybe chuck a multi on and compare the cylinders, might give you something to work with...

El_Hefty
25-10-2011, 12:44 PM
hey i got an idea chase... swap? haha yeah thanks will check if its been checked

Chase
25-10-2011, 12:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by El_Hefty

hey i got an idea chase... swap? haha yeah thanks will check if its been checked

Could be a lottery anyway... Not sure how well mine runs yet only done about 30km on it. NFR should sort it out one way or the other ;)

Yella
25-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Is it hard to start aswell or just idle. Does it change with WOT or part throttle

El_Hefty
25-10-2011, 03:00 PM
part throttle around 10%

Shadowzone
25-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Install a new wiring harness. Suzuki has had some issue with wiring harnesses. Predominantly in the GSX1400 (which came out after your bike) but I'm kind of thinking there's an issue somewhere in yours too. In the case of the 14's they would run fine and then just go to shit out of the blue. Nothing could be found wrong and then it would clear up again and after a while it would die in the ass. No rhyme or reason. Replace the ECU and wiring harness and bobs ya homosexual aunty job done...

Redmohawk
25-10-2011, 05:23 PM
sticky valve ? long time back had similar sounding issue 1 cyl out of 8 would play up between 1500 and 2000 but no where else turned out to be a slightly bent valve. Once over 2k came good would idle fine comp test was also fine.

fimpBIKES
25-10-2011, 06:19 PM
before you go a full harness, have you gotten rid of the dodgy green connector?
(although that might just be a tlr problem)

Booster
25-10-2011, 06:58 PM
check all engine earths, including the spade near the negative terminal, and then power terminals ,
bridge your sidestand switch , and put a 60 ohm resistor acress the tip over switch , both at there plugs.

do you have a ocilloscope , either at your bike shop or at a local car centre , it could test the signal at the coil, crank, cam, etc and narrow down if its electrical

ALBI
26-10-2011, 05:15 PM
hey mick my tls had code 25 "rear cyl" when it was having probs before "AFR" very simular to ur prob and then it wouldnt start ! remember that well i changed the plugs as they were dead "only done 2500klms" on them mind you but when new plugs went in ,it was all good but i still have the fueling issue,and the fucked donk to lol.
plus i had to fit a new ignition switch aswell as our model dont have the alarm and suzuki aust fitted a resistor in harness 100ohm i think?? to compensate and threw the code 25 aswell