PDA

View Full Version : Need help with vfr 800 swingarm on cbr 919

overcum
24-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Hi , week ago i decide to made this conversion to my bike-99 fireblade. I bought vfr 800 2000 swing arm assembly and shave it 15mm to the right side to make it fit....vfr hub is 274mm and the cbr one is 260...Weld a tube between Y ends to make it stronger...Now it fits but front and rear srockets arent aligned-rear is about 10mm ot the left. Has anyone did this conversion before and how did you alignt the sprockets? Thank you

xa-mont
25-10-2011, 05:53 AM
couldn't you just get a small stepped front sprocket?

RevHead
25-10-2011, 06:30 AM
there is a thread in the tech section,,how to ,,check it out
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/howto/SSSA/ASF%20Single%20sided%20swing%20arm%20conversion.pd f

damo1
25-10-2011, 04:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

there is a thread in the tech section,,how to ,,check it out
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/howto/SSSA/ASF%20Single%20sided%20swing%20arm%20conversion.pd f

Thats a 750 arm into a what looks like a 98/99 blade completly different arm and bike mate.

Nice thread though.

Redmohawk
25-10-2011, 05:07 PM
First thing you need to check, how is the "wheel gap" in relation to the bike ? Will the rim/tyre package your going to use be running inline with the front ? Is this why you machined the right side of the swing arm to line the wheels up ? If the wheels are in line then a stepped sprocket may assist also some machining of the outer cush drive and sprocket can gain you some more room at the expence of room between tyre and chain.

How about introducing yourself in the newbies section before you get flamed , a photo of the job at hand will also make life a little easyer if you want advice.

overcum
25-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Sorry not introducting myself...I'll make it a.s.a.p with pics and everything else...Now for the project...Damo, I know that you have made this already and I you have choped the frame to the left side 7mm and 5 mm from the swing arm.I made something else-I shave 15 mm from the swing arm,rebore the inside diameter to fit both bearings and a dust seal...The misalignment is about 10mm from the first sight..I didnt chech the wheel alignment yet but I'll do it soon

damo1
27-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I have a feeling when we did mine that we had to run the sproket on the other side of the carrier.

So if it's on the out side you need to run it inside the carrier
or visa versa.

Will that help you with the 10mm your chasing??

overcum
27-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh that make alot of sense..If I put it on the inside of the carrier it will line up perfectly! Is there a chance to post a picture of your sprocket carrier please?Than you!

damo1
31-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Mate ive done a search for the thread but cant seem to find it, it was called "the master and the apprentice".

Try asking Si,large or one of the other guys running the joint now if they can pull it for you.

I'm pretty sure there was a shot of Exben machining it, i ran a 8" rear wheel on mine and Exben did all the work.