PDA

View Full Version : wot do you think

RevHead
18-10-2011, 06:52 AM
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/images/rogue1.jpg
thinking of getting the carb scoops ,as the cops want my pods covered ,just tohught id put it out there to see ty ,[}:)]

pav69
18-10-2011, 07:15 AM
give it a go more air directed at carbs will be good as for cops who cares

BANDITROD
18-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Why do they want your pods covered

xa-mont
18-10-2011, 08:10 AM
i think that scoop looks cool. don't think that shape would go with the rest of your bike though.

Iceman
18-10-2011, 08:18 AM
I reckon get'm. You'll just have to be creative with the paint to make the lines flow with the rest of the bike.

Chase
18-10-2011, 08:48 AM
I like it - actually looked at it for my 11 in the early days..

Sounds like you may have upset the local cuntstabs mate if they're picking on things like side covers - or they're incredibly bored.

kev@vcm
18-10-2011, 10:29 AM
i really like them pete you should get em for the cooooooooooool factor

RevHead
18-10-2011, 12:42 PM
the cops said that the pods are illegal in n.s.w,,ok il buy em ,cheers

El_Hefty
18-10-2011, 02:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

the cops said that the pods are illegal in n.s.w,,ok il buy em ,cheers

why would pods ever be illegal?

damo1
18-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Every time you make a mod to your bike you say it's because the cops told you ********** .

Are you the full quid mate or what??

I live in NSW in Sydney as do a number of other members here and we have never had the trouble you recon you do with the cops.

If you wnat to mod your bike just do it!! that bikes been a round for a while and i agree with the others doit.

As for Pods being illegal i dont think they would be ive run them on many a bike and never been pulled for them.

oldskool
18-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Did you paint one of the local coppers bikes or car or something?

fimpBIKES
18-10-2011, 04:37 PM
i know they are a no-no on cars
but as far as im aware there arent the same emissions rules for bikes

Fight_fan
18-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Where are they from pete? I'v been thinkin about making something similar for mine!

Redmohawk
18-10-2011, 07:54 PM
You will have fun tuning the fucker with rammed air, need to run balance pipes from carb breathers into the air path to allow for the rammed air. Might have to re jet a bit to maybe a little up, unless she is really rich already. Tell the cops eat dick or fuck off , your eather pissing em off to much or not enough mate.

Got pulled over the other day by two in a unmarked , no rego lable displayed, number plate bent at silly angle, no rear gaurd to speak of, exhaust over 110 db and obviously far from standard, broken brake lever end, ground clutch leaver, bent handel bars one side (50mm) indicators to dark at rear (tinted) none E marked at front, no idiot lights, pod filter (and mounted where my knee sits), front tyre tread can be felf and seen but not deep enough to justify calling tread. Just off the top of my head and I'm a lout with a 6 inch hot chilli red mohawk they looked over the bike and knew what they were looking at said and I quote " front tyre looks like you ride hard , and from the back you like corners better get a new front soon eh we pulled you over because we could hear you coming from 4 blocks away ! Seeing as your licence is clear (all 12 points) Have a nice day see ya" There not local and they have been busting P platers like nothing for a week.

RevHead
18-10-2011, 07:57 PM
lance try this there $187 us dollar before post,
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/GSXR_ROGUE.htm#price

no Dylan ,lol,
Damo,,the cops are here are like cops every were,,except ,in this towns of macksville,and nambucca heads we have 2000 residents,and 25 officers 8 of which are hwy patrol,.just ask Jock ,hes up here all the time,,or ask ,tEX Ogrady,,he was here 2 days and got a ticket for having his dog on his tank,,even with his excemption,,the cops up here make it up as they go along ,plus in Sydney youve got like what 1 million people ,its much easier to blend in,,and im not retarded,just want to keep the cocks off my back so i dont get a defect,,,easy hey..if they say rear guard ,or the pods,are illegal,im not arguing;
they got the badge n power to make bad shit happen and im not going to tell them to pull there heads in ,,so tell me whensthe last time anyone told acop to fuck off and got away with out being arested ,??
im not asking for a flaming here just asking for advice and telling it like it happened[B)]

BANDITROD
18-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Well fuck me Pete that's the first time I have fully understood one of your posts well done old chap

RevHead
18-10-2011, 08:35 PM
i think its rubbing off ,lol

EFE 1230
18-10-2011, 08:40 PM
you don't have to tell them to pull their heads in or give them any shit just read up on the relevant regs so you can explain that your mods are legal, carry a copy of said regs and if they continue on about legalities you can pull it out and show them that they are wrong.

at this point most know it all coppers will give up on the hard stuff and will go back to tyres/lights/license check ect.

I have witnessed an exchange with a smart mouth copper (in the wrong) who reverted to "yes sir/no sir/have a nice day sir" after being asked for his badge no. so you could give that a try if you keep getting hassled by the same bloke.

not much good though if your bike doesn't comply in other areas or if you got dodgy shit going on (other than the Filipino mrs....!) and you want as little as possible interaction with the police................

RevHead
18-10-2011, 08:46 PM
^^^^ thats a great idea im just going to that thank you ,

EFE 1230
18-10-2011, 08:56 PM
as for the scoops didn't the water boilers come with a cover that went over the curve of the frame/at the rear of the tank that hides the airbox sides?

Shadowzone
18-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I ask them to show me the legislation. In the books they carry their fine books in (in Qld) they have lists relating to the offence code section and rule as well as the act. If they're knocking me off I want to read the full section and the beauty of the world now is - Phones have google and interweb so you can access the legislation on the side of the road on your phone.

Oh and Pods illegal? Pigs ass. Tell em to fuck off.

Shadowzone
18-10-2011, 08:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

I ask them to show me the legislation. In the books they carry their fine books in (in Qld) they have lists relating to the offence code section and rule as well as the act. If they're knocking me off I want to read the full section and the beauty of the world now is - Phones have google and interweb so you can access the legislation on the side of the road on your phone.

Oh and Pods illegal? Pigs ass. Tell em to fuck off. Oh yeah 1 more thing - those side covers are sexy as hell. Just don't paint the cunts orange mate. I reckon throw in some fluoro lime green. It will stand out like dogs balls, but will go well with the orange. Run some blue green flames airbrushed through the colour even...

RevHead
18-10-2011, 09:11 PM
the w,does come with a carb frame cover ,ive fitted my old ones back up but it covers to much of the frame. ive cut them down as well but i dont like the look of them ,

BANDITROD
18-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Get some bandit air box side covers mate a couple of brackets and your done I have a couple of sets around here pete

RevHead
19-10-2011, 06:20 AM
how much u want for them rod

BANDITROD
19-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Pm sent pate

oldskool
19-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Got any carbon ones Rod?

oldskool
19-10-2011, 08:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

you don't have to tell them to pull their heads in or give them any shit just read up on the relevant regs so you can explain that your mods are legal, carry a copy of said regs and if they continue on about legalities you can pull it out and show them that they are wrong.

at this point most know it all coppers will give up on the hard stuff and will go back to tyres/lights/license check ect.

I have witnessed an exchange with a smart mouth copper (in the wrong) who reverted to "yes sir/no sir/have a nice day sir" after being asked for his badge no. so you could give that a try if you keep getting hassled by the same bloke.

not much good though if your bike doesn't comply in other areas or if you got dodgy shit going on (other than the Filipino mrs....!) and you want as little as possible interaction with the police................

Well said once again !

BANDITROD
19-10-2011, 08:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

Got any carbon ones Rod?
Nah sorry mate I have once set of stock ones left now

RevHead
19-10-2011, 03:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

Got any carbon ones Rod?
Nah sorry mate I have once set of stock ones left now
thanks Rod i got the pm ,,i borrowed my mates off his bandit ,,i taped em in possy ,they just dont look right ,,

oldskool
19-10-2011, 03:45 PM
What about the covers for your model?

BANDITROD
19-10-2011, 04:12 PM
No dramas pete

RevHead
19-10-2011, 05:52 PM

What about the covers for your model?
ive got them; ive trimmed them down a bit ,but they cover to much frame ,,

Redmohawk
19-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Time to whip out the beer box tape and bondo , make a mold n your own set !

RevHead
19-10-2011, 08:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

Time to whip out the beer box tape and bondo , make a mold n your own set !
im going to buy the ones in the picture

RevHead
20-10-2011, 06:28 AM
just bought them they owe me $238 landed in the great land of OZ

Chase
20-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Good work Pete. Hopefully you'll have em on for NFR

Fight_fan
20-10-2011, 12:28 PM

just bought them they owe me $238 landed in the great land of OZ

If u make a mold of em I'l take a set pete! Otherwise may get a set n chop em the fuck up!

RevHead
20-10-2011, 03:45 PM
thanks chase he reckons 6 weeks turn around from mould to me ,,maybe of for afr
not a bad idea lance

Fight_fan
21-10-2011, 01:32 PM

not a bad idea lance

I rekon too! Im not jst a pretty face u kno Pete!

RevHead
22-10-2011, 10:43 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^AS i hear it we should be calling you donkey ,boi,lol