PDA

View Full Version : bar riser placement question

rgv4play
16-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Hey guys just a quick query about mounting bar risers. At the moment I have my risers mounted inline with the forks but the fork adjusters foul with the bars so I have had to lower the forks in the top yoke about 3/4" in turn lifting the front of the bike I noticed the other day with a mate anything over 160 becomes very bouncy would this be due to the front end sitting. Higher?
Also how would the geometry be affected if I was to mount the bar risers on the top yoke rear of the forks to allow me to drop the front end with out the forks fouling the bars.
Also the bar risers are high enough so raising them up is not an option
Cheers for any help

BANDITROD
16-10-2011, 07:36 PM
If you move the mounts to the back and put your forks back it will be good as new mate

rgv4play
19-10-2011, 11:01 AM
excellent thanks for the help

now just to get the lower bearing race from the frame :(

BANDITROD
19-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I have a special tool for that it's a big screw driver with the end bent over some frames have notches on both sides for easier removal too

ozzy1100
19-10-2011, 06:20 PM
or run a bead of weld around the cone and it will almost fall out

fimpBIKES
19-10-2011, 08:49 PM
if you think about how far back your hands are when using clip-ons you'll see it wont be an issue

i wouldnt recommend going forwards with the bars, i did with my tl and its definitely a different sensation
like having your hands directly on the front axle, great once your used to it but mostly weird :D

rgv4play
20-10-2011, 11:39 AM
no luck on the lip, i tried modding up a screwdriver but it just pops of the lip, i have borrowed a welder so i may just weld a bolt across the race than hit it out from the top. failing that ill do what ozzy suggested, but my welding skills are lacking so il end up welding the bearing into the frame or some shit like that knowing my luck. than ill be fucked.

thanks for the help guys

Redmohawk
20-10-2011, 05:40 PM
If you can drill into the race and use a cold chisel to break it, will fall out but the drill wont be much chop after