PDA

View Full Version : Speed Limiter Removal

Shadowzone
15-10-2011, 06:02 PM
hey guys, I have the japanese XJR1300 which is limited to a top speed of 190km/hr.

I have a box for it which has to be wired to earth, the CDI and something else on the bike. Does anyone know how exactly to wire this in? Does anyone know how the limiters on these models work? Someone said it's done through the clocks. So if that's the case should I just save my roubles and get something like a KOSO and the limitation will then be automatically removed anyway?

Thanks for the help.

Dynomutt
15-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Try disconnecting the speedo and see if the restriction goes, if this is the case then the restrictor is inside the clocks, Kawasaki japanese home market bikes have a hall effect sensor in the clock when the needle gets round to 186kmh a vane passes between the hall effect and sends a signal to the CDI killing off the coil for 2&3. I got around it by fitting a kilo converter so the clocks read in mph and the needle doesn't get round to 186 any more. On the Kawasaki you cannot just disconnect the clocks as the CDI needs to see a signal via the pink wire and if it doesn't it kicks the restriction in anyway.

The Mmax box or Over Racing off limiter boxes just plug in between the clocks using the factory plug, the box should have a male and female version of the plug to the clocks on it, which sorts it out once plugged in.

Shadowzone
15-10-2011, 08:12 PM
The coil being killed off sounds like what is happening. It drops off like its dying and then kicks on again hard until the limiter again kicks in. It's like it's surging on and off.But cheers for the help I'll suss out the clock wiring and see if I can figure out the wires ands where they go.

Johnnie5
17-10-2011, 04:55 PM
if its like the honda bikes inside the clocks there is a hall effect sensor

when the needle goes around to 185k there is a small flag that passes through the hall effect sensor

using a jewellers screwdriver you prise off the flag and problem solved

reassemble speedo and away

Dynomutt
26-10-2011, 04:31 AM
The Kawasaki Japanese home market bikes use the same hall effect system, in the UK the simple way round it is to fit a kilometre converter to the speedo cable, which then lets the speedo read in mph rather than kph, and the needle never gets round that far. The Mmax and OverRacing off limiter boxes available to derestrict the bikes are usually a plug and play andgo inbetween the clocks and the main loom. Try disconnecting the speedo cable and then see if the bike still does it, if it doesn't then you know it's in the clocks, if it still restricts then it is in the CDI like the Suzukis tend to be.