PDA

View Full Version : Random vid

Lewis Moto
06-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Was going to put it in the vids post but this needs words.
VdNEJAFfFLA

Interested in your thoughts.

Hillsy
06-10-2011, 06:08 PM
I saw that posted on an American cafe site and they all agreed the guy was a whining asshat.

I thought that spoke volumes really.

MTBEERWAH
06-10-2011, 06:20 PM
he`s loud like a yank,but i don`t have a problem with what he said and he believes

Spore
06-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Sounds like he's on the level to me.

I'm not sure where the whining asshat comes from? I'm still only young myself and even I see young fellas come to work who have no desire or drive to learn because they know everything already.

Gix11
06-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I liked that. I believe what he says. The only thing he has overlooked is that technology has changed, people still want to do stuff, but just different stuff. If it's all about restoring his favourite bikes, well of course that's not going to last forever, just like his old man probably wondered why he didn't want to work on the farm or whatever. Times change, people change, but things seem to balance out.

JackTar
06-10-2011, 08:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

I liked that. I believe what he says. The only thing he has overlooked is that technology has changed, people still want to do stuff, but just different stuff. If it's all about restoring his favourite bikes, well of course that's not going to last forever, just like his old man probably wondered why he didn't want to work on the farm or whatever. Times change, people change, but things seem to balance out.

No wonder you're hardly ever around these days, as well as work you're doing a philosophy degree.

K6Thou
06-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I liked it too. I understand what he is saying about the younger generation not wanting to get their hands dirty or work period.
I'm 33 and have been passionate about bikes, cars, fabrication and just generally fixing shit since I was a kid, hell I was the little bugger stealing dads screwdrivers and pulling apart toys to fix them, even thought i never did. lol

Having a 16yo step son that knows fuck all about anything other than xbox just seems to reinforce this fact.

Redmohawk
07-10-2011, 05:09 AM
I couldn't give a rats ass if the 10 year old next door doesnt get off his been bag to shit and just keeps on playing his X station , I get on the bike ride, fix, fuck it. And it all disapears ! One day some X station kid will be payed to wipe the spit and shit from my oraffices and I'll bite the cunt given the chance.

JackTar
07-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Aren't you a little ray of sunshine.

DCRacing
07-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Well i liked it, i think the sentiments are pretty much the same across a whole lot of people who are into restoring or fixing or just plain mucking about in the shed doing stuff, more so in getting up one day and looking in the shed and seeing an achievement that has been a work in progress for years. Whether it is a new fighter, machine shop, mechanics shed or business.

Damn i hate slow days.......... it means i get too much time to think

xa-mont
07-10-2011, 09:46 AM
he is a little full of him self in the yanky way, but i agree with what he says.

HOWEVER, i also agree with si. things change, people get passionate about different things.

When he was young, there wasn't the prefelance of IT that there is now, so that wasn't much of an option for young people to get interested in. Its a simple numbers game. There are only so many people in the world, and more and more options of what to do with your life (with some dying out as they are not required) its how the world happens.

Mishdog20
07-10-2011, 02:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine.

Fuck you crack me up...Bahahaha

Lewis Moto
07-10-2011, 03:08 PM
"The current Generation" is one of "Have it now" and of a narrow attention span.
It would be a great social experiment to let go a massive magnetic pulse to wipe out all existing technology - wouldn't be surprised if that becomes the new Nuclear warhead.
Can you imagine the anarchy and confusion when a whole city is cut off from their gadgets and tethers? The only vehicles on the road would be pre early 80's, preferably with 50cal turret mounts to ward off the zombies that have just been unplugged.
The Zombie apocalypse will come so arm yourself with basic mechanical knowledge an XA Falcon and stockpile guzzoline because those zombies with their Prius and Bluetooth connectivity will need to be dealt with.

How the fuck did I get to this conclusion? Fucked if I know but its friday arvo and the beers are going down quite well thank you.

bladehunter
07-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Well guys it up to us all to show are sons, daughters, nephews, nieces, grandkids or the kid next door who sticks their head in your shed to see what ya doing.

To show them that taking a pile of stuff and creating something out of it will give you far longer pleasure than playing a game.

We are society, ok maybe not respectable in the eyes of the majority, and it's our responsibility to pass the skills and passion down the line.

It's the plates that will control the zombies. Smash all your plates, they are the evil ones.

Lewis Moto
07-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Bugger the kid next door...little prick
He started a water fight last summer and I accepted the challenge but he didn't stick around long enough for the water to boil.

bladehunter
07-10-2011, 03:41 PM
That's your fault.

One should always keep a large pot of boiling water and a large vat of boiling oil at the ready. Those that are truly prepared (mad they call me) also have the usual kit of tar & feathers at the ready.

The council knocked me back on the plans for the monster infested mote, but after building it are the going to come and knock on my door. Though I am worried I may get a strongly worded email.

Will a mote around my tin can\string connection help ?

Lewis Moto
07-10-2011, 04:06 PM
All I've got is a loaded speargun inside the garage door. Silent and I can reel the corpse back beyond the garage door before I alert the neighbourhood to an impending attack. Stealth will be the key.
I tell you what though if that little arsehole next door ever gets ready to leave for a costume party dressed as Nemo the cunt is fucked.

Redmohawk
07-10-2011, 08:18 PM
After being one of the "good people" wiping asses and dribbly gobs for 12 years I've learnt that you don't get respect from the fucker looking after you till you make em realise its do it right else.

Shadowzone
07-10-2011, 08:56 PM
My kids are into different things. My eldest (daughter) is into doing fuck all except wasting her life on facebook. the next one down (son) is into anything musical from guitars to organs and muscle cars. The next two boys are into football and running around outside like I used to. Works for me. I enjoy football and outside exercise too. None of them are into bikes and they don't understand why I am no matter how i try to explain it. Not to worry it may save them a few months in the horsepiddle like I did.

ALBI
08-10-2011, 01:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Spore

Sounds like he's on the level to me.

I'm not sure where the whining asshat comes from? I'm still only young myself and even I see young fellas come to work who have no desire or drive to learn because they know everything already.

im with you ^^^^^where is the whining ?? and everything he talks about is wat he has seen and feels!!
no-one can tell you how you FEEL!!
and he is right "spore that is " they know everything.

Bubble Boy
11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
I agree, I think he's bang on.
I've sacked enough whining apprentices recently.
I'm so over listening to spotty know-it-alls tell me why a spanner is shit and an ipad is tops.
(most aren't even aware enough to ask me if I know anything about computers - 16 years designing and selling high end storage sub systems for banks etc for the likes of seagate and VERITAS!)
Our next workshop "lad/tea boy" is going to be a 65 year old retiree whos bored of bowls and wants to get his hands dirty again.
I reckon generation Y needs to get it's head out fo it's ass and understand somebody somewhere has to do something
And dont get me started on Generation Z - god they are proving to be really vapid!
regards
Si
Grumpy old spanner man

80s freak
23-10-2011, 03:04 PM
23 years spinning spanners on the bikes I seen good and bad kids come and go. Out of the 5 apprentices we have at the moment, I think there will be 1 excellent mechanic, 2 average parts fitters and 1 shit floor sweeper. Not surprising that kids don't want to get into it when your average 2nd year apprentice sparky on a building site earns more than a qualified motorcycle tech. Add to that, that we live in a throw away society, why fix something old when you can buy it new, cheaper ( have you bought printer cartridges, they're more than the damn printer).
All I can hope is the same thing that happened to me, I can make happen to some other kid, I used to see a guy every other afternoon while waiting for the school bus, come over the hill on the Princess hwy on an RG500 with the front wheel in the air and disappear over the next hill the same way. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. From that point on I wanted to be a part of that.

Pass on the passion if you can Gentlemen.

rock hard
23-10-2011, 05:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by 80s freak

23 years spinning spanners on the bikes I seen good and bad kids come and go. Out of the 5 apprentices we have at the moment, I think there will be 1 excellent mechanic, 2 average parts fitters and 1 shit floor sweeper. Not surprising that kids don't want to get into it when your average 2nd year apprentice sparky on a building site earns more than a qualified motorcycle tech. Add to that, that we live in a throw away society, why fix something old when you can buy it new, cheaper ( have you bought printer cartridges, they're more than the damn printer).
All I can hope is the same thing that happened to me, I can make happen to some other kid, I used to see a guy every other afternoon while waiting for the school bus, come over the hill on the Princess hwy on an RG500 with the front wheel in the air and disappear over the next hill the same way. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. From that point on I wanted to be a part of that.

Pass on the passion if you can Gentlemen.

you couldn't said it any better...