PDA

View Full Version : Rocket's AFR pics

Rocket
06-04-2007, 12:27 AM
There's some pics in here http://www.phillby.com/album02
I didn't get that many of the trip, we didn't stop to smell the roses much!

After leaving Dubbo, Boh and I headed for Toowoomba up the highway via Tamworth.
We parted company just before Toowoomba where I spent the night.
The next day I headed for Esk and Somerset Dam, the road around the dam was so much fun that I turned around and went back and did it again and then headed through Kilcoy to Caboulture and to Strathpine where I stayed the night.
On wednesday I headed into the Glasshouse Mountains through Maleny (I turned around and rode back up the hill here as well) and kelvington to Eumundi (I think that's right) then back to noosa to drop off my bike and get on the plane.

A fantastic trip.
Thanks to Devo and Si for making it happen as well as everyone else who i finally met.
The trip down with Davo, Si, Huddo, Crazymofo, Terry and Kye was a blast and I'll remember that for a long time.
Thanks also to Stu for letting me sample the Rapid GSX14 around the country roads outside Dubbo.

geesexar
06-04-2007, 05:47 AM
hey rocket some nice pics there..looks like you had a ball

sfoc711uk
06-04-2007, 07:03 AM
Some top roads there mate and the weather to ride em.

suxukifreak
06-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey Rocket, we went back the same way as you and Bo, suprised we didnt see you guys on the road (we had the ute). Great pics.

Iceman
06-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Glad you enjoyed yourself Phil. Was a top effort on your behalf to make there and represent the west.

fimpBIKES
06-04-2007, 10:25 AM
nice shots rocket

now i have shots from both u and large of my little u-turn at the top of Mt Panorama
its freaky, both taken at same time from different angle! :D

BOHEMION
06-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Rocket! was awesome to meet ya mate and cheers for the company back home. Got home with a torn muscle in my left shoulder and nerve damage in my left foot Farkin Newell Highway........ And what did i say about rain always being on those ranges just after we parted. chased the rain right in to them. Glad to see you enjoyed the sunshine coast roads too.

Gix11
06-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Good on ya Phil. Nice shots mate. Glad you had a good time mate after all the effort to get over here. See ya next year!

06-04-2007, 04:10 PM
yeah fine effort mate,sorry again for leavin ya behind at Dub-ho.
Oh,and thanks for the root.

Large
06-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I reckon you set the standard for anyone further than about 1500ks from where ever AFR is being held Rocket

Perhaps if we hold next years AFR near an airport a few members could fly in...

fimpBIKES
06-04-2007, 05:46 PM
aaah yes,
perhaps organise a group discount on bandits of somethin' too ;)

Jockney Rebel
06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
well done rocket didnt realise you wer from THAT far away..see ya next year when i do the postie run ..

crazymofo
06-04-2007, 08:08 PM
gday phill

congrats on making the effort to get here and AFR, top job mate. like davo said, sorry for leaving ya behind at dubbo,

cheers.joe.

Rocket
07-04-2007, 06:24 PM
No worries about leaving me in Dubbo. My fault for being late on the way back from Devo's country ride.
I was happy to go back and find my own way into the hills anyway and the trip with Bo was stilla good run, if a bit dull in places.

I could have flown to Dubbo or even Sydney but I wanted to make a trip of it, which is why I went from brissy instead.
Excellent run and I hope I'll make it next year as well.

Cheers everyone