PDA

View Full Version : Interesting bike at Southbank

robmac
23-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Walking thru SouthBank and came across this. Anyone seen it before or know who built it?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/subygt/Bike%20stuff/IMG_0088.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/subygt/Bike%20stuff/IMG_0090.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/subygt/Bike%20stuff/IMG_0089.jpg

nick76
23-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Its definately something different!!

Jinx
23-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Not my cup of tea but it looks well engineered and certainly different. Not sure how he got it registered in Qld.

xa-mont
23-09-2011, 08:42 PM
why the fuck has he got a disk lock on it... not really the kind of thing you could pinch without getting noticed...

BANDITROD
23-09-2011, 09:23 PM
It looks like an off the shelf bike it's that well made but it's still gay as aids

Redmohawk
23-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Someone spent alota cash to look like a big red dick lol

DiscoDan
23-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead on it but the execution is brilliant. A lot of thought has gone into that one, fuck knows how much it cost but it's a scary number

Tony Nitrous
24-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Its a "Travertson V-rex".
(put it into Google)
Use's a V-Rod motor.

http://www.travertson.com/

sharky
24-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Needs to be black.....but I loik it

BEOND
09-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Its mine. I've called it BEOND. It is a prototype that's been a 3 year project. Inspired by a character from Transformers, Tim Cameron ( a Sydney artist ) created the concept artwork. Chris Travert engineered and constructed this prototype. After testing it in the US it was broken back down to components and shipped over here (Brisbane) where I re-constructed it and re-engineered it to pass ADR (which has taken well over a year of 'hurry up and wait' bullshit). Yes it has the 1250cc Harley V-Rod in it. The rest is hand made. Its deep candy red (these photos look kinda pink?)

Its my daily ride and handles fine (although I don't do small roundabouts at 80kph. Chris has since completed another half dozen. There's one in Austria, one in Beijing and two in the US, although this the the only one that's a 'daily ride'.

Those who like it... cheers. The kiddies who could only think to sling shit at it on the forum, that's cool, love to see some of your work sometime. You can check out the build at www.BEOND.info

watkins
09-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Does it go backwards or forwards?

Tony Nitrous
09-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Very interesting bikes

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6746/trav.png

evil zed
10-10-2011, 03:45 PM
strange looking thing, but very well made and defo an intersting project, from an engineering point of view. Not sure a forumm based on people "individualising" their bikes should be critisising someone for doing just that. Not my cup of tea but, having said that, i"m pretty sure BEOND wouldn't be seen dead on a 98 speed triple. horses for courses an all that. Compliancing would have been on the "kin 'ell" side of intersting too I'm guessing........

kev@vcm
10-10-2011, 03:59 PM
hmm 1st post and not even an Gday and hes on the attack ?? its def an interesting concept bike well done

Hillsy
10-10-2011, 04:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by BEOND

Its mine. I've called it BEOND. It is a prototype that's been a 3 year project. Inspired by a character from Transformers, Tim Cameron ( a Sydney artist ) created the concept artwork. Chris Travert engineered and constructed this prototype. After testing it in the US it was broken back down to components and shipped over here (Brisbane) where I re-constructed it and re-engineered it to pass ADR (which has taken well over a year of 'hurry up and wait' bullshit). Yes it has the 1250cc Harley V-Rod in it. The rest is hand made. Its deep candy red (these photos look kinda pink?)

Its my daily ride and handles fine (although I don't do small roundabouts at 80kph. Chris has since completed another half dozen. There's one in Austria, one in Beijing and two in the US, although this the the only one that's a 'daily ride'.

Those who like it... cheers. The kiddies who could only think to sling shit at it on the forum, that's cool, love to see some of your work sometime. You can check out the build at www.BEOND.info

Yes - interesting bike, but if you're disappointed in a bunch of streetfighter guys not liking your chopper then maybe you need a teaspoon of cement or a Kleenex.

bladehunter
10-10-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm figuring given a shitload of $$$$$ and access to the "right people" most of us could direct and be involved in a build like that.

Most of us are working out of small sheds with not a lot of $$$$$ to throw about.
I'm not too sure about the bike but your fucking attitude sux.

Redmohawk
10-10-2011, 07:11 PM
You don't use this gear when you ride do you ?

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m591/redmohawk1/q265278_1dredd-201x300.jpg

Azrael
10-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Ugly piece of shit, dont get your skirt caught in the chain

Chase
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM
I think it's an interesting concept. You buy the bike in a kit and have to assemble it.. Had some furniture like that once.

Fish
10-10-2011, 11:05 PM
hmm, Ikea does bikes now?

sharky
11-10-2011, 05:54 AM
So all of you slag off him/his creation yet his attitude sux for responding...
Since when did streetfighters become so elitist ?

sharky
11-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Reading Steves reply, his was the first one built and he had to rebuild and modify it for ADRs
Agreed its not a one off but it was the first one

Tony Nitrous
11-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Nothing against the bike Russ.
I find it quite interesting.

I understand it gets attention for his work, and if he
gives a few $$'s to charity as he say's, then good for him.

Shame having chatted to Steve (the owner) there was never
a mention of there being more than one, or it being a
Travertson imported from the US. Most folk got quite the
opposite impression and thought it was his build and one
of a kind.

To quote a Mate's facebook page who had spoken to him...
"completely custom built and engineered from scratch"

http://www.travertson.com/

That would be my only critisism.

bladehunter
11-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Those who like it... cheers. The kiddies who could only think to sling shit at it on the forum, that's cool, love to see some of your work sometime.

That's the bit that pissed me off. Sure the bike aint what I'd ride, damn sure looking at it from an engineering, fabrication perspective from the pics it looks professional.

Some of us aint got the resources he obvisoulsy has and make the best of what we've got at hand.

Like I said before given enough funds & resources.........

El_Hefty
11-10-2011, 08:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

hey russ

I think you will find before he came on with attitude most negative comment about its looks were also posted with a positive comment about the work and effort that went into it. "ugly but great execution" etc etc..

I wouldnt call that everyone slagging him off.

Since he has posted well thats a different story

go to the travetson website and have a look at 'colours' well just in there i see 15 different bikes of different colours at least so the bullshit he espoused here and apparently at the laverda meet on the weekend says something

money apparently can buy you a bike but it cant buy class

Hillsy
11-10-2011, 09:08 AM
And if you look at his website (www.BEOND.info) and check out his project video (turn the sound down or you'll be enveloped by a corporate whore backing track - you've been warned) you will see that he got the style idea from someone else (some transformers artist), another guy drew up the bike concept, someone else built it in the USA, then it was broken down and shipped to him to re-assemble.

So, for him to come and say "love to see some of your work sometime" is a bit fucking rich. At best he's an assembler with a shitload of money to throw at something that no one in their right mind would be seen dead on.

And I'll go out on a limb here and say that pretty much everyone on this site has grabbed a hacksaw / grinder / welder/ hammer / whatever and actually MADE parts for their bikes at some point. Which makes them more of a builder than this guy.

And like I said earlier, if you're going to get your panties in a twist because a bunch of guys on a streetfighter site poo-poo your chopper, then you probably just need to harden the fuck up.

fimpBIKES
11-10-2011, 11:40 AM
one critisism is that it looks like the front end could be about a foot shorter
the weight bias is all wrong for scratching

could he made one with a different front set up and market to buell fans?

fimpBIKES
12-10-2011, 11:27 AM
this isnt too bad
http://www.travertson.com/Models/VR2Model/tabid/92/Default.aspx

robmac
12-10-2011, 06:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

this isnt too bad
http://www.travertson.com/Models/VR2Model/tabid/92/Default.aspx

Not bad. Did you make that yourself?;)

Tony Nitrous
13-10-2011, 06:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

;)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3130/save2h.jpg

Tony Nitrous
24-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Moving stuff into the new house this weekend,
Mrs points across the road...
"Thats where that bloke with the strange bike
from the show that was on the forum lives"

Howdy Neighbour...:D

BANDITROD
24-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Hahaha that's gold maybe you could go and get some advice off him seems he is the best builder in the world

Hillsy
24-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I betcha he could whip up a few of those new Ikea cupboards for you in no time, Tony :D

andichrist
24-10-2011, 09:08 PM
hahaha. thoughly enjoyed this thread. beyond or whatever he calls himself needs to harden the fuck up. anything different is gonna draw attention. some positive and some negative. and dude.. if you can handle it.. time to settle for a scooter and leave it to the boys who can shrug a bit of shit talk off.

Jinx
24-10-2011, 09:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

Moving stuff into the new house this weekend,
Mrs points across the road...
"Thats where that bloke with the strange bike
from the show that was on the forum lives"

Howdy Neighbour...:D

Unbelievable Tony. I'm sure you could point him in the right direction.;) Didn't Madness have a song called One Step Beond :D