PDA

View Full Version : Post Powder Coating help....

micra_psi
23-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Hello Gentlemen, i need some help with the wiring of my Blade after having the frame P/C.

Do i need to file/sand/remove the p/c from areas such as the coil pack mounts that i believe earth to the frame via the mounting points?

I had the headlight, speedo and idiot lights all working but when i thumb the starter button, CLICK, and everything goes off.....

Such a depressing moment when i was hoping to here the engine turn over.

Any help is greatly appreciate.
Cheers,
Craig

BANDITROD
23-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Yep I would make sure all earths are p/c free

Dynomutt
23-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Just make sure you chase out the threads with a cleaning tap this should give a perfectly adequate earth. The coils shouldn't need the frame earthing as they will have a +12V and a switched neg. If the lights are going out when you thumb the button and it just clicks then it sounds like the battery is low. Charge the battery and check all the connections to the solenoid.

micra_psi
23-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Thank you Bandit.

I've been trying to make sense of the Haynes Manual. I can't work out which model wiring diagram i should be following.

Cheers
Craig

micra_psi
23-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks Dynomutt, i'll check the threads and battery again.

Its awesome having people that know what they're doing lol.

Cheers Craig

micra_psi
23-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks Dynomutt, i'll check the threads and battery again.

Its awesome having people that know what they're doing lol.

Cheers Craig

latheboy
23-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Whenever i get something PC'ed i always put bolts in all the threads before coating.

micra_psi
24-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks latheboy,

All the threads were covered before coating. I wasn't sure if the thread itself was a good enough earth.

Cheers
Craig.

micra_psi
24-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Solved!

Indicator/horn switch block wasn't held firmly enough. Im guessing it earths to the bars or something?

Thanks for the help guys.

Craig

BANDITROD
24-09-2011, 04:35 PM
That doesn't sound right mate are you sure it wasn't something else

micra_psi
24-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Surprised? Me too... Thats all i touched mate.

Bought a new battery and everything! I gave the old battery one last chance, checked the fuses, followed the wiring diagram, checked everything and then the engine turned over. Still waiting for the tank and tail to get back from paint but atleast it turned over.

Cheers
Craig

BANDITROD
24-09-2011, 08:00 PM
So it turned over with the old battery

micra_psi
24-09-2011, 08:03 PM
That is correct good sir..... I nearly pissed my pants with excitement!!!

BANDITROD
24-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Lol well that's good to hear

micra_psi
24-09-2011, 10:06 PM
lol my 8 week old son has taught me well....

If you feel like pissin 'em, piss 'em lol.

Dynomutt
25-09-2011, 03:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by micra_psi

Thanks latheboy,

All the threads were covered before coating. I wasn't sure if the thread itself was a good enough earth.

Cheers
Craig.

I always chase the threads through with a cleaning tap after I get stuff back from powdercoating. My powdercoaters always mask everything off properly anyway,but it's worth clening the threads before reassembly anyway.