PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust question GSXR750w onto GSXR1100ws

jakam04
04-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Guys,

Do the exhaust from a GSXR750w fit onto a GSXR1100ws engine by any chance? I've found myself a set of Hindle Headers for a good price and need to make sure that they will bolt onto my engine. Are the exhaust ports the same.

Thanks

Jarrod

Gix11
04-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Not deep enough as I remember mate. They will bend into your sump. Someone might put me wrong though, it's cloudy remembering 11 years ago....

Deano
04-04-2007, 06:01 PM
zorst ports are the same dia and spacings but the problem is that the 1100 has a sump with a central bowl and the zorst goes directly under that in the middle on the engine (4 into 1, twin muffler i assume) the 750 has a single outlet 4 into 2 into 1, this means that the zorst goes down the right hand side of the bike just inbound of the lower cradle. the sump is quite shallow in that spot and it has a large 'sump' on the left side to take the oil reserve.

long story short yes it will fit but you have to use the 750 sump and oil pick up aswell.

if you dicide to not buy the headers i would be keen as i need a new set for the track bike and it is a 7/11 but with the 750 sump and pick up on so i can use a 750 exhaust

good luck

jakam04
04-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Awesome news deano... Thanks so much. All I need to do now is find an oil pickup and a sump from a 750w lol.

Guess ebay is gonna be my friend again....

Jarrod

jakam04
04-04-2007, 10:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Not deep enough as I remember mate. They will bend into your sump. Someone might put me wrong though, it's cloudy remembering 11 years ago....

Cool Si thanks anyway.

Jarrod

sharky
04-04-2007, 10:07 PM
quote:it's cloudy remembering 11 years ago....
'e can't even remember from 5 days ago [:0] ;)

Deano
05-04-2007, 10:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

Awesome news deano... Thanks so much. All I need to do now is find an oil pickup and a sump from a 750w lol.

Guess ebay is gonna be my friend again....

Jarrod

keep in mind jarrod that you will also have to change the oil cooler arrangement like i have done to mine. the 1100 sump has the outlet and inlet to the air to oil cooler where as the 750 uses the water to oil cooler inbetween the filter and block. therefore there is no take offs for the oil to air cooler. you will also have to change the front alloy coolant hose (bolted to barrells) as it has one of the water take offs for the water to oil cooler and also put a T piece in the left side rad hose for the other take off for the oil to water cooler.

have i confused you yet if so click the link and have a read.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_HT_7-11.asp

let us no if you want any more info.

the parts you require will probably only come up on USA ebay as I was looking for these parts before and ended up buying a complete blown motor with all the parts on it for less than what the wreckers wanted for them individualy.

good luck