PDA

View Full Version : 16 Drawer Cabinet

pappas
09-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Has anyone seen these before? Looking at getting a tool cabinet and $229 sounds pretty good! Just a bit worried about quality. Should I risk it with this or save and grab a Sidchrome or Kingchrome Cabinet?

http://www.crazysales.com.au/16-drawer-tool-box-2.html

xa-mont
09-09-2011, 10:01 AM
i'de go with something better... that looks like it would feel cheap and crappy.

BANDITROD
09-09-2011, 10:47 AM
I have got one like that pappas and if its just for home then go for it but If you use it every day then don't bother they are shit the wheels are fucking crap I have mine just sitting on the floor

Redmohawk
09-09-2011, 07:11 PM
One of the apprentices at work has the set . As Banditrod said they'd be ok for home and or lite duty workshop but we put new wheels on his after about 2 months. If you want cheap but a little more sturdy try the orange ones at super ripoffs I have a set bolted down in Burtha the Bus its lasted great and though I didnt use the wheels there the ones now on the apprentices setup and there going fine for 8 months now. The workshop is good and clean but we work on heavy stuff, tool boxes get a work out.

pappas
10-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the replys. I think I'll give this box a miss. It won't be getting used daily but I do want something half descent. I'll go check those boxes at Suoercheap Red, sound like they could do the trick.

Large
10-09-2011, 07:55 AM
If you get the supercheap ones, try and get them when they're on special, you'll save a coupla hunge

Rocket
10-09-2011, 10:26 AM
I'd get the better one.
Quality will remain long after the price is forgotten.
But cheap gear will remind you that you're a tight arse every time you use it.

ALBI
10-09-2011, 11:10 AM
i cant coment on this one as im a "snap-on freak"

Lewis Moto
10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

If you get the supercheap ones, try and get them when they're on special, you'll save a coupla hunge

Correct.
The Calibre brand is pretty good for home use. Just watch for the 20% off sales - Bathurst is sponsored by them and they will have a sale the weekend before, during or after with up to 20% off.

Redmohawk
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
And if your a real shifty fucker (like me) and keep an eye peeled for a damaged box etc on a sale weekend a scratch or two can drop the price to half lol