PDA

View Full Version : 2011 z 1000

lizard
20-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Hey people is there any tuning needed for my z after i remove the secondary butterflys ? It has a pc 5 4 into 1 and a map to suit these mods . Been told removeing the 2nd butterflys helps can anyone help with this ? much thanks lizard.

Dynomutt
20-08-2011, 05:39 PM
You'll probably find that once the secondaries are removed there will be a need to remap, as the airflow into the motor will increase, due in part to the secondary butterfly and shaft no longer forming a restriction in the throttle body.
Currently when you crack the throttle open the primaries open but the secondaries will only open a certain amount determined by the ECU, the idea is to stop any bogging down caused by the throttle being opened quickly, as happens with mechanical slide carbs. With a CV carb the slide only lifts as the engine demands it,which reduces any bogging when the throttle is cracked open at lower revs, the ECU controls the secondary butterflies in a similar manner, if you wallop the throttle open at 2500rpm for example the ECU will only open the secondaries slightly until the revs rise and the ECU opens them further, this stops any bogging down.
If you have the motor mapped to suit the increased airflow, then you will see improved response, it would be of benefit to have the accelerator pump function enabled at the same time, with the secondaries removed and the mapping adjusted along with the accelerator pump enabled, you should see a similar throttle response to flatslides, rather than the CV carb like response you currently have.

lizard
21-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks for that , cant seem to find alex from L.A.E. he dynoed my 07 zx 10 looks like i looken for another tuner any ideas ?

Shadowzone
22-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Try the boys at (I think) Startline racing down Moss st. Otherwise contact Mick (El Hefty) and see who he knows.