PDA

View Full Version : gen 1 R6 starter circut cut off relay

kiwi kdx
13-08-2011, 11:42 AM
does anyone have a pic of this relay or can u tell me what it looks like?

my bike has no power to the starting system and i cant hear the fuel pump turning on......

im guessing this is the best place to start as the rest of the bike has power and all fuse's seem ok.

kiwi kdx
15-08-2011, 01:01 PM
anyone??????

is it the same as the starter relay, ei. the one that the main battery leads go to?

BANDITROD
15-08-2011, 08:12 PM
The starter relay is the one with the big pos/neg leads coming off it mate but are you sure it's not something else ...do R6 have a tilt sensor or anything like that ?.....anyway the starter relay should have a fuse on it check that and I would then be inclined to start checking over wiring to see if there was any damage maybe start up the front near the headstock seems that's where a lot of the damage was

BANDITROD
15-08-2011, 08:21 PM
I just googled R6 starter relay and it came up with heaps of info and if you click on images you will find a ton of pics

kiwi kdx
16-08-2011, 04:04 PM
ok so ive cheched all the fuses, they are all fine the bike has power, just nothing to the starting system, i tried jumping it from the battery to the starter and still nothing, the battery has been charged but the voltage seems to jump around a bit, so im gonna pull the battery out of my ZXR next week and try it with that, i did notice one of the terminals on the CDI has a nice big brown burn spot,
would that effect the starting system?

BANDITROD
16-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Not sure about cdi but I would make sure you have a good battery to start with