PDA

View Full Version : Reactions to riding in a bandit helmet in Vic?

big chris
12-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Are they a magnet for the "boys in blue"?

do you get stopped for wearing one? do they ever mention your lid if you get stopped for anything else?

Has anybody been busted for wearing one? anybody lost points?

I'm considering getting a bandit helmet, or something similar, on an upcoming trip to Europe. Since they are almost all road legal in Germany they have passed the strictest tests in the world, so I am confident in their safety. Only problem is that Vic Roads is waaay behind the times in terms of safety regs.

The latest versions are carbon fibre, really nicely made, waaaay better than the current fibreglass lids, and they look suitably mean too.

I'm keen to hear other's experiences of wearing one in Melbourne. Losing points would hurt.

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
12-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't worry about it mate. By the time the fuzz have finished with my bike they wouldn't give a shit about my non legal lid. A few members use Simpson and Bandit lids but since Craft got compliance in Aus I wouldn't think cops give a shit. Only becomes an issue if you fuck up and stack or hurt someone, then your insurance is void. (Might be an issue).

For the record, if you are wanting a Bandit lid, try these guys. They will deliver one to your door for around $190. Carbon one are a bit more of course. Tax dodge as prices on the site include VAT @ 19% !!!

www.FC-Moto.de

Fight_fan
12-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Good link mate! I'l be keepin an eye on that! Been wanting a Bandit helmet for a while now...

BANDITROD
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I have been using a bandit helmet for about 2years in Vic without any dramas

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
12-08-2011, 02:59 PM
I've been emailing them Lance coz I tried to pay but I kept getting an error message when I tried to pay with Credit card. I phoned my bank and it appears my credit is good, (Woo hoo!!!), so there is an error on their page. Being Germans, I reckon they will fix it pretty quick.

oldskool
12-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I use an RX8 Simpson same thing just better and don't get any bother from the bronze.

Iceman
12-08-2011, 11:50 PM
I've never had a problem with johnny law, while wearing my Roof BoxerV.

ALBI
13-08-2011, 12:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

I've never had a problem with johnny law, while wearing my Roof BoxerV.

except ur head!!!!

is it still leaving that red mark??

ALBI
13-08-2011, 12:33 PM
its silly to say but if the bandits and such arnt adr approved,and you come off and fuck urself up will the rego"greenslip in nsw"insurance cover you or the pillian?

Redmohawk
13-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Wearing a un approved helmet as rider wont effect the pillion unless there helmet is also un approved I would imagine. If it went to court over your "un approved helmet" in an accident as long as you could prove the helmet you were wearing was above the Aus standard I'm pritty sure the court would find in your favor, though I'd not like to test it.

Iceman
13-08-2011, 06:03 PM
quote:is it still leaving that red mark??

fucked if I know, I haven't ridden a motorcycle since AFR

ALBI
13-08-2011, 06:38 PM
so the helmut left a LASTING IMPRESION then ???

Iceman
13-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I shall fix (read as - bash with a hammer) before I wear it again.