PDA

View Full Version : Bike Bench.....Raffle?

Lewis Moto
11-08-2011, 07:58 PM
I have got 2 of these. I dont work on bikes nearly as much as I used to and so it seems a bit greedy to have one sitting here doing nothing. I was going flog it off but thought perhaps I could put it up for a raffle instead to support a chosen Charity or a fighting fund for someone on this forum.
I know in the past that Rod has been involved with WACK and I'm sure that there are others involved with charities.
So instead of me just selling it on how about organising a raffle? Perhaps Jim can donate freight (plus a bottle of scotch or 2) to interstate winners?

Just floating the idea does anyone want to run with it?
Constructed from 50x50 RHS, 2.5mm sheet on top, tie down points on each corner, angle welded to end to engage loading ramp, protection at front to prevent over running ( bike in pictures just got lifted into place backwards ) Storage space underneath.
Neighbour borrowed my tape measure last weekend so cant give exact dimensions at the moment.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/adrnlws/Picture047Largee-mailview.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/adrnlws/Picture046Largee-mailview.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/adrnlws/Picture045Largee-mailview.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/adrnlws/Picture044Largee-mailview.jpg

BANDITROD
11-08-2011, 08:04 PM
They a good looking benches mate and I know that there are a few members here that have had a fighting battle with cancer recently and could prob use the funds what does everyone else reckon

Lewis Moto
11-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Well the bench is the prize.
How the funds are collected and distributed are up to the forum members. I can deliver within reason also. Perhaps a 30th is a good venue for selling tickets....get cracking.
There is a caveat on it though...........Its not to be onsold outside of the forum. Your all bike builders afterall and it needs to be put to good use.If it ends up on ebay you will be hung drawn and quartered.
Pay it forward to someone else or raffle it again if you no longer have a use for it.

Lewis Moto
11-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh and the slightly dented slab of cans is not included. Just getting started on that project.LOL

BANDITROD
11-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Sounds good mate are you coming up for the piss up ...btw I'm 32 now but my 30th piss up fucking rocked so I thought we would just do it again

Shadowzone
11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. I'll take a ticket in it

ALBI
11-08-2011, 09:28 PM
im in ,how many beer tokens??

kev@vcm
11-08-2011, 09:47 PM
yeah i will snap up a ticket

MuZ
15-08-2011, 05:01 PM
i'd definatly take a ticket or 3, thats one sweet bench, it would look even sweeter with a half built fj1100 sitting on it

evil zed
15-08-2011, 06:14 PM
is this still ongoing. i'd be interested, sick of lying ont he floor cleaning my rims..........

count me in too.

Lewis Moto
15-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Well I have put it up....
Needs someone to run with it. Meanwhile Si has gone and got his own raffle going with a socket set.
I'm happy to donate it for a good cause.

BANDITROD
15-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Si is busy with other stuff at the mo give me a couple of days and I will get the ball rolling

Lewis Moto
15-08-2011, 07:20 PM
No worries Rod. Its here and looking for a home. I'm not much of a member here so I dont think I have the trust to take others coins nor do I know where to best appropriate the funds.
If the raffle is too hard just nominate someone here that is most deserving and we can organize to get it to them.
Story still remains the same though....I want to see it stay in the family. It belongs to someone here that needs it or will use it. If it is not needed then it has to go to another member before it goes to Ebay.

Or....instead of raffle have an auction with proceeds donated to a cause or deserving person.
Along the lines of your swap meet idea perhaps a "pay it forward" type of arrangement could happen regularly with other members putting up stuff that they no longer need with a silent auction. A percentage of monies raised could go to a fighting fund?

Shadowzone
15-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Aido - I say if you're willing to put up something of yours for a good cause as you've offered then you are a little more than "not much of a member here."