PDA

View Full Version : Illawarra Mechanic

hungrywolf
10-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey All

Anyone know a good mechanic in the Illawarra region for older bikes? In particular anyone good with carbies. I have an '85 gsxr 750 that I want to put some kitted carbies on. I have them sitting there ready to go, but I have no idea how to balance carbies etc myself. So if anyone knows a decent bike mechanic down this way, let me know. Or even if you know an exceptional mechanic in Sydney I may get of my arse for the journey.

Cheers All.

Izaac

nick76
11-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Theres two great mechanics that work down in Nowra,if you're willing to travel south??
Gary and Simon at Jobson Motorcycles.

Jockney Rebel
11-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Maxpower in woolongong tell em jimmy from sos sent u

rod185651
11-08-2011, 07:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

Maxpower in woolongong tell em jimmy from sos sent u

I'll second that one. Nudie recomended him a couple of years ago. I've been going there since.

MAXPOWER MOTORCYCLES 619 PRINCES HIGHWAY RUSSELL VALE NSW 2517

ALBI
11-08-2011, 12:56 PM
i,ll third that ^^^^^^^^^ my old man said him .

anyone know the lake very well?? lake heights side that is !

rod185651
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by ALBI

anyone know the lake very well?? lake heights side that is !

I was in Lake Heights today visiting someone for work.

Half the suburb is nice, the other half is a little to be desired.

hungrywolf
11-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys. I'll give max power a try. My bro lives in Lake Heights, Personally I think it is a decent area, only problem is that it is surrounded on all sides by dodgy areas. Get a lot of fallout from the steel plant there too.

ALBI
11-08-2011, 09:41 PM
yeh i grew up on 35 northcliff drive lake heights ,just down the road from the primary school,there is /was a jetty called "dixxis warf" there was a laneway that went right to it ,in 1977 i was walking on it "and a sign was posted "condemed" i didnt know what the fuck it ment so i kept on going and then fell through the weekest point !head first onto the breakwater split head wide open hmmmm nobiggie i thought i was in the shit ,with mum for being at the lake ,again !!i got up walked up the laneway and a car almost hit me ,he got out and all hell broke loose the neighbour saw me and rushed me home the whole front covered in blood ,port kembla hospital couldnt work out why i didnt get knocked uncounsiuos and drown, 15 internal stichs 3 crabs out of skull and 30 external ones ,the jetty was marked to be torn down and a door knocker came around a year or so later and was asking for everyone to sign the petion to keep a local landmark hmmmmm that fucking jetty my gran said look it was my grandson who fell through and pointed at me !! that put him in his place ,stupid kid he said and walked off !! fucker was right too!! now its gone all torn down !! ahm now its 100ft to the east ,made of wood and same design with a placque original warf and location of dixxis warf!!! WTF give it 30years and ill go back .round two!!

sorry to highjack mate.