PDA

View Full Version : Paddock stands or bike jack????

kiwi kdx
10-08-2011, 07:48 PM
hey guys, im going to buy some new stands next week and i
cant decide on stands or a jack......

these two, i have used before and work great.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/d21terrano/stand2.gif
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/d21terrano/stand1.jpg

and this one i have also used before, but only for dirt bikes
and im unsure how it would go with a top heavy roadbike on it??????
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/d21terrano/jack.jpg

so i think i will let the peolpe decide.......

over to you

BANDITROD
10-08-2011, 07:54 PM
They are ok if you don't have your headers fitted if you do you will have to put blocks under your bike all the time and it will end up giving you the shits

Tony Nitrous
10-08-2011, 08:40 PM
I like the 1st one.
Big fan of the simple one piece tube type frame.
Never used the jack type.

BANDITROD
10-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Btw you have mail jarrod

wackyrider
10-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I would say you would be better off with the stands. No need to remove the exhaust and a lot steadier, especially if you use bobbins on the swinger

HOS
11-08-2011, 12:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by wackyrider

I would say you would be better off with the stands. No need to remove the exhaust and a lot steadier, especially if you use bobbins on the swinger

Agreed.

I`ve got a bike jack and used it on the Busa once or twice,
but its a real hassle making sure you have some kind of home made blocks to use at the jacking points you want to use.
People said to me, yeah just jack it up on the exhaust collector pipe carefully. Did I fuck... and besides it left no access to anything.

Using the jack when I was dropping the Busa fork tubes through the clamps, I had to strap up the bars to a beam in the garage
to stop the bike falling over.

Fight_fan
11-08-2011, 07:27 AM
I'v got a jack that has a cut out for the sump in the middle, that was awesome for when i was rebuilding my bike (before the headers went back on) But for everyday stuff u cant go past paddock stands!

ALBI
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
id go neither mate ?? use rope from the roof ,much easyer!!

Fight_fan
11-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Jeez ur on fire 2day Albi!

ALBI
11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
yeh mate !! everyone at work is calling me "wild card today" on my 10th latte for th arvo !

pav69
11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
cmon albi dont people who ride cruisers drink lattes

Lewis Moto
11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Paddock stands or a head lift stand.
Bike bench is incredibly useful. Coupled with stands and life is really easy. Pinch the scissor jack out of your missus car (she's never going to use it any way) to prop the bike under the sump when you need to.

ALBI
11-08-2011, 09:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by pav69

cmon albi dont people who ride cruisers drink lattes

well when their free i do !! we have a esspresso machine at work !! an easy $50 day bonus for me !!

kiwi id go for the paddock stands mate and make some chassis stands as gitzy made !! if ya cant strip it down with them ya doin it all wrong !;)

kiwi kdx
12-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Ahhhh i to share your pain and have the curse of an esspresso mchine at work!!!!!

it makes for some verry hypo employees on slow days!

but i think ill just stick to the padock stands, they sure will be a heap easier to work
around than the milk crates i have at the moment!!!