PDA

View Full Version : no cruser 4 work !!! getting a cage,topic over!

ALBI
03-08-2011, 05:16 PM
ok as the title says ,now not getting cruzer couldnt be farked to look seems i cant get an un biased opinian on a cruzer and dont trust the sales men on wat is good and shit ,so im just gunna get a cage !!
thanks for all ur comments.
never had a cruser still keeping the TLS but fuel is giving me the shits still only getting 120 klms out of the tank so wife is tapping her foot as the fuel bill is $80 per week just for work!!

so looking to get a cruser ??
who has one "well one who will admit it" dont want a gsx1400 either!
looking at a boulavard ??
as much as id like a harley it would defeat the purpose dont want to swap fuel expence for towing costs!!
has to be reliable "rules out a harley straight off"
good on fuel "more than 120klms to a tank"
look good,want to be able to go two up on long rides,that way i can fighter the TLS"if im gunna get a enginners cert for top clamp might as go the whole way huh!!"

so come on guys/gals wat do ya al thunk.

Tony Nitrous
03-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Buy a Bandit 12.

Cheap.

Fun.

Tough.

Will go much better.

You wont look such a twat.

pav69
03-08-2011, 05:37 PM
your a sick man albi cruiser is a swear word ,what about a zepher ,gsx750f cbr600f something comfy cheap good two up ,a mate of mine has a cbr600f for sale which rides very nice there are so many options.

Big Dan
03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Whats wrong with tha 14? Watch what u say remmber i know where you live:D

ALBI
03-08-2011, 08:09 PM
tony if i had a bandit ,it would get fightered!!!!! oh and i already look like a TWAT!!

pav69 "honda is a swear word" lol but no id get to much fun on the cbr600 mind you the last time i rode an gsx750f it was nice hmmm would look like shit fightered aswell hmmmm x 2 didnt they have a detuned gixer donk???? and no zepher yuk.

hey dan i need something to get to work cheaply kind off and go two up with a shit load of crap so a 1400 would get the balls rung out of it having fun

i was filling up at the caltex at bero and a bloke said to me i like the bike !! wat is it ?? i told him tl1000s v twin and been fightered , tuppaware is for pussys!! hmmmm didnt look impresed and his reply !! "hmmmmmm i have a cbr600!" doh!!

ive been on evilbay and this is wat im looking at .

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280657258986&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170619719794&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200634908484&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i want something to ride!! not a cage and something that i cant swap parts over to make a better bike , or be temped to fighter aswell!!

Tony Nitrous
03-08-2011, 08:41 PM
When the 109's came out, I kept hearing of a lot of folk
having problems with them. The are one of the more sporty
looking "big Gay Pirate" bikes but i'd be doing some homework
1st if your serious.

ALBI
03-08-2011, 09:09 PM
big gay pirate ?? lol
yeh i see wat you meen mate been going through the forums and reading on them !!

Large
03-08-2011, 09:28 PM
http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/13560/135602489dd8d2070489e3af7f93b8f0146f2f11.jpg

ALBI
03-08-2011, 09:41 PM
awww come on large ,either i buy a cage or sofa lounge!!!!

BANDITROD
03-08-2011, 10:53 PM
What about a vmax or an xjr or the list goes on there are heaps of other options before going that gay ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sharky
04-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Get ya self a cheap FJ1200 40miles per gallon, will easily carry luggage and pillion further youll ever need to go

Hillsy
04-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Or a Diversion. Two-up comfort, economical, low maintenance (air cooled, shaft drive, skinny tyres...IE cheap).

They're pretty cheap now and are extremely hard to kill.

Tony Nitrous
04-08-2011, 05:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

Buy a Bandit 12.

quote:Originally posted by sharky

Get ya self a FJ1200

We're not very predictable are we Russ....:D

Bubble Boy
04-08-2011, 06:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

What about a vmax or an xjr or the list goes on there are heaps of other options before going that gay ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hahahahahahaha
If your mrs has the shits with the fuel bill on the TL then dont get a vmax

ALBI
04-08-2011, 06:43 PM
i was just thinking that tony lol

dont want an fj1200 never liked them ,to be hounest i dont like many of the yamaha range!!

i dont want a sports tourer at all its either a cruiser or a gage for my commute and fucked if im going to hell in a gage lol!!

if i didnt have the tls id probly get a busa or b12 , newz1000 or even a buell but i have the tls and i love it ,but as it is my daily ride for work i cant and dont have the time to pull appart at night to work on like i used to on all my bikes and cars ,im 41 with 3 kids and a mother that now lives at home fffaaarrrkkkk, i new i shouldnt have been a prick when i was young .
iknow it sounds "gay " but i want to relax on my ride to and from work !!take it slow enjoy the ride ,but on the tls i know wat parts of the link road and cardif and the f3 where i can ride the fuck out of it ,its a rush to do so but on a sofa lounge the button in my head will say ,if ya go hard on this fuggin thing it'll hurt in more ways than one .

Tony Nitrous
04-08-2011, 07:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by ALBI

iknow it sounds "gay " but i want to relax on my ride to and from work !!take it slow enjoy the ride

In the past I've owned a Harley, XS custom and a few other bikes
that im not to proud of. I find now that (sometimes) not pulling
the throttle cable quite so hard is better than riding something
with crap handling, brakes, suspension, riding position and having
to face something every morning that looks like its from a Village
People video...;)

I bought Devo's old ET, low seat, high bar's, handling that keeps
every ride interesting without doing hyper speeds, and a lot cheaper
than most "cruisers" out there.

Big Dan
04-08-2011, 07:53 PM
So Al are you going to get some leather chaps?:D
When i was working in newy the 14 cost me $30 a week to run from Maitland and back.[8D]

rod185651
04-08-2011, 08:05 PM
A push bike is good for fuel consumption

ALBI
04-08-2011, 08:56 PM
fuck me dan $30 a week ??? hmmmmm chaps ?do they come in pink????

being a dapto dog rod i spose the dapto leagues gets all ur money and my dads and my brothers!!and a bike would get you everywherelol, but seriosly i even thought of that ride to the train station and get the train to town then ride to work ,but then that would be exercise and i wont have a bar of that!!!!!

tony ,i have thought of a gsxefe but knowing me id just go berko and do shit to it!! even looked at an GS1100GK love the ol shaftie,s at least you cant fighter them "well you could but it would look silly with an busa /gixer/tls frontend and stock shaft on the back ,i want it to be no less than 3 years old and low klms up to $ten grand, good ,reliable,comphy,sit upright and strech out the legs so that way i can jump on the TLS and appresiate it more !! if that meens its gay !! well looks like im the new member of tha VILLAGE PEOPLEs reunion.

bladehunter
05-08-2011, 06:52 AM
Get Motard

sharky
05-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Not sure I'm following the logic here mate...
Wife is complaining about the $80 a week on fuel plus you want the TLS off the road to 'fighter it...fair enough...
But why then spend 10k on something just to commute if you're trying to save money ?
Surely there's bikes out there that would fit the bill for a lot less...

Hillsy
05-08-2011, 08:55 AM
What is your commute to work like? If you have to deal with any slow moving traffic / lane filtering you'll be regretting getting a cruiser within a fortnight.

Like sharky said, I'd be looking for a cheaper UJM option like a Bandit, FJ12, ZRX, XJR or whatever.

I rode my old Divi into the CBD every day for 2 years and put 500K's on it most weekends 2-up and it did it all without a hitch. Oil change every 5000k and a set of tyres once a year and it was the most economical bike I've owned for that kind of work.

pt
05-08-2011, 01:14 PM
just ride a pushy, way cheaper and so long as you dont wear lycra, heaps less gay.

ALBI
05-08-2011, 05:28 PM
sharky the money ive got was to spend on the tls but in order to do that it has to come of the road ,cant do without the bike, yes it costs $80 plus a week we have a budget for fuel,food the fuggin lot now that im not working in the mines no more, slashed my pay in half to have a life!!

i want the cruser to comute, go away with wife or kids for the day or weekend ,if i finish the tls i wont be able to carry them or my rack bag for work!!

i work in newy its 15 klms on highway,5 urban and 7 city

Gitzy
05-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Pete's BKing Al..

Perfect timing, nuff said.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23306

suzuki fighter
06-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Fix your bike up Albi I get 200ks out of my TL flogging the fuck out of it. You dont ride your TL hard anyway I caught you the other day in my Hilux and its a diesel :D

Yella
06-08-2011, 04:15 PM
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ducati-vyper-concept-luca-bar-black.jpg

or I found this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AwJv_6_cFmw/TG52wVRv5CI/AAAAAAAAADg/DiUeKTbwlPk/s1600/bike-1.jpg

It in your area ;);) if ya wanna try it for a week or 2 before spending the $$$$

ALBI
06-08-2011, 04:27 PM
lol yella^^^^^^^^
dont mind the duck tho???

rod185651
06-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Maybe something like this?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/rod185651/Albi.gif

ALBI
07-08-2011, 10:47 AM
hmmmm looks a wee bit painfull that one ^^^^^^
must be a dapto bike ??

ALBI
07-08-2011, 03:07 PM
hey todd i agree its worth the whole lot he is asking ,but!!!!!! its screaming to be turbo'd and make the cops cry !!

ALBI
08-08-2011, 12:57 PM
ok before we go any further here and a gay bike .

the
TLS is a fuggin great bike i love it and love riding it!!! ive tried everything to get her to run good but still only gets 120 klm out of a tank!!
wat i have done cleaned injectors
re-set TPS
checked fuel presure ,purfect
checked coolant temp sensor,it was out of range by 20 ohms so i replaced it ,new one
new coolant fan sensor as the coolant fan wasnt turning on and still isnt
the only thuings that goven the fuel is
tps
coolant temp sensor
coolant fan sensor
fuel presure
all to whuich is new or in range
all that is left is wiring harness and ECU
appart from the TRE wich is not fitted "cant find one"
i have fitted the thermostate mod housing" moves the temp sensor from left hand side of rad to thermostate housing and the by-pass hose to water pump.
if i can get it working correctly i will ride it always to work and not worry about the cruzer!!
its just a pain as i can take it to a bloke in adamstown to get sorted but need to get to work and being a mech i hate to pay other mechs top do my dirty work
anyone got ideas on what i may have missed?????

El_Hefty
08-08-2011, 04:06 PM
the standard TL's have a cable choke on the left hand switch block , im guessing this has been removed when youve changed the handlebars etc and if so has the choke mechanism been block/held open etc?

just a thought

Gitzy
08-08-2011, 05:25 PM
TRE wich is not fitted "cant find one"

MattTheHat TLPlanet/TLZone, $25 delivered, smoooved mine out.

Stop being homo and buy Pete's Bking..

Tony Nitrous
08-08-2011, 05:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

TRE wich is not fitted "cant find one"

$25 delivered

..or about 20c if you can get as far as
Dick Smiths / Tandy, and know how to solder....;)

Yella
08-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Put a throttle stop in so you only get 1/4 of a turn. That should help

ALBI
08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
WELL it wasnt fitted when i got it ?? the cable is there but not hooked up by memory i have pulled it to see if it works and the revs go up ! so i know its backed off so to speak

quote:Originally posted by El_Hefty

the standard TL's have a cable choke on the left hand switch block , im guessing this has been removed when youve changed the handlebars etc and if so has the choke mechanism been block/held open etc?

just a thought

ALBI
08-08-2011, 05:49 PM
lol yella if only that would work !!!!

fuck me todd ,i hope im not on top of a cliff when ur around !! jump stop being a homo albi youd yell lol!! well if i get the fuel sorted ill just deal with the tls mate and spend the mulla on her and buy a very very cheap cage with a few months rego so i can pull the ol girl down and get to work!!

i want to fit a pc3 and all the good gear but want to get running sweet first!!

Gitzy
08-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Lol, jump ya homo.. I just want to see PT's Bking in Newie :D.

ALBI
09-08-2011, 07:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by suzuki fighter

Fix your bike up Albi I get 200ks out of my TL flogging the fuck out of it. You dont ride your TL hard anyway I caught you the other day in my Hilux and its a diesel :D

was that you mate just as we got of the freeway ?? im trying to slow down but as a cage overtakes me i see red and have to go past lol were do you work??

ALBI
09-08-2011, 07:24 PM
also dont you still have a prob with youres pumping out raw fuel from pipes ??? the dyno shop you went to was in adamstown wasnt it ?? in park ave ?? wat did you think of him ??

fimpBIKES
10-08-2011, 12:25 PM
albi, my utes on ebay at the mo'
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280721291492&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

i'll let u have it for $1200 if u can get it this week
would like to see it go to a good home

ALBI
10-08-2011, 12:52 PM
come on people, its a great little ute

love ur description mate

nah its all good conrad
trying to work out a deal with wife at the moe!! she wants to save to go to canada in 2yrs for a wedding and wanting to pay of the credit card and shit ,and if i rock up with anything but the tls i may be looking for a new bed to sleep in and i want to finish the tls and get the probs sorted out.
besides ive to get my wifes uncle to pull his fuggin finger out to get zooks parts out of the container so any time ive got is to get his parts is no one on any list he been waiting over a year,

pappas
10-08-2011, 02:15 PM

the
TLS is a fuggin great bike i love it and love riding it!!! ive tried everything to get her to run good but still only gets 120 klm out of a tank!!
re-set TPS
checked coolant temp sensor,it was out of range by 20 ohms so i replaced it ,new one
tps
coolant temp sensor
coolant fan sensor
fuel presure
i have fitted the thermostate mod housing" moves the temp sensor from left hand side of rad to thermostate housing and the by-pass hose to water pump.
if i can get it working correctly i will ride it always to work and not worry about the cruzer!!
its just a pain as i can take it to a bloke in adamstown to get sorted but need to get to work and being a mech i hate to pay other mechs top do my dirty work

Oxygen sensors could be fucked?

BANDITROD
10-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Maybe your thermostat it stuck open therefore your bike wouldn't be getting warm enough ....I just had that prob with my falcon

ALBI
10-08-2011, 06:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by pappas

the
re-set TPS
tps
coolant temp sensor
coolant fan sensor
fuel presure

Oxygen sensors could be fucked?

no o2 sensors mate mine is the first tls didnt have them !!!

ALBI
10-08-2011, 06:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

Maybe your thermostat it stuck open therefore your bike wouldn't be getting warm enough ....I just had that prob with my falcon

mate to be hounest havent thought of that it runs at 80 deg no prob ,dunno about that one ??it costs fuck all to pull and check it !!

El_Hefty
10-08-2011, 09:02 PM
albi mine runs at 82 when its like 3 degres ambient temp, on a normal 24 degree day it sits around 90-95 and will hit 106 until the fan comes on...

ALBI
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
paid atten to this morn hefty it shits on "hmmm sits" 70 and ive never let it go over 102 before i swtch on the fan ?? thermostate hmmm

ALBI
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
opps forgot with all of us with the tls who has the thermoste mod ???

El_Hefty
11-08-2011, 04:28 PM
you switch the fan on? mine comes on at 106 and other ive spoken to at around 105-106 which is absolutely no issue with a pressurised system

70 is too low as you know... does it even have a thermostat in it? or a dicky temp sensor, one or the other

fimpBIKES
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
i think we might be on to something here....

i have a radcap with temp gauge built in. wanna borrow it?

ALBI
11-08-2011, 09:46 PM
yeh mate i put a switch on it as the fan wasnt turning on !! i got a new fan sender unit and coolant temp unit aswell ! yeh it has an thermstate as i did the mod "moves the temp sender from l hand lower of rad to thermostate housing "newer housing" and has a by-pass fitted to go to the new water pump housing aswell!!tonight on way home it sat on 62 and in traffic at cardiff went to 99 and then back down to 62 way to low compared with urs ,!!the fucker is still in enrichment mode !!!!tomoz ill let it get over 102 and see when it gets to high??

Big Dan
12-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Its that new radiator that bloke got for ya Al it makes it run to cool:D:D:D

sharky
12-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Sounds possible Albi....Discovered the thermostat on my ute was fooked...constantly open, took forever to warm up...and now its fixed I'm getting better mileage..

Shadowzone
12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I reckon if you're gonna get a cruiser get the Yamaha Road Warrior.

Don't fuck around and I know you said you're now not going to get one but at least they have balls.

And the stage 2 and 3 kits from the US are cheap as fuck to make em go even harder in a straight line.

BANDITROD
12-08-2011, 12:44 PM
After all that fucking around it ends up be the simplest thing hey

ALBI
15-08-2011, 10:32 AM
hmm pulled out all wiring on sunday found some pins backed out on main harness plug then thought havent ridden in std form for a while so i pulled all fightered gear of and put the top yoke and clipons on light the whole works except tuppaware!!

fark im sore!!!!!!! back aches , wrists are throbing , balls numb, neck killing me ,ankle throbing from brakeing and i feel like shit all from a 20 min ride to work ,!!!!
now i remember why i fightered it!!!
todd how the fuck do you put up with it ,fighter it sonnnnn!!!!!!!

tonight its all going back on!!

any way now fan cuts in at 104 deg so ill run it for the week before i check thermostate