PDA

View Full Version : riding overseas... (UK)

336LJ
01-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Gents. If things go smoothly for me at work regarding short notice leave. I'll be landing my sorry ass in London on the 20th of this month. Keen to get around on a bike over there. Any idea (u lads that live there...or anyone who has been..) on where I can hire a decent non homo road bike for a few days? I'll be flying to Germany to road trip to Austria and back too, would be keen on having a bike for that as well... Ring its neck on an autobahn I say...any idea what they cost, wat is involved? I.e sell my ass to a gypsy or the likes?

RED ZX
02-08-2011, 06:33 AM
I know of a few guys that have just bought a bike in the UK that already has MOT and Tax paid. Then just flog it off to a dealer when they leave. There are quite a few decent cheap bikes available pretty much all the time. As for Germany/Austria I do not have a clue.

336LJ
02-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Shet. Not sure ill hav the time or cash for that, would suck to only be able to.get a scooter haha. I'd sooner pay someone n borrow their crappy bike or something for a day or 2, provided their insurance coverage them if something went wrong,, but ill get in touch with someone if I can and check that idea out, might be lucky, who knows, just as long as its not really slow n gay lookin,

Gix11
02-08-2011, 05:49 PM
They'll arse rape you if you hire one. Maybe some of the UK ASF members can help?

Bastard
02-08-2011, 07:55 PM
hire is not cheap here is an example of one place in london for you to get an idea.
http://www.raceways.net/show_rental_bikes.php?manufacturer=Suzuki
another pisser is over here at the moment there is a nation wide shortage of used bikes due to the £ being worthless all the Europeans are buying uk bikes as most of theres are restricted!

336LJ
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
hmmm. I'm in london for 5 days basically, and will only be riding for 1 or 2 days if I can, one of those joints is near where I am going so I'll check them out when I get there, as for germany its much the same - but a bit less KY is supplied! http://www.2wheeltravel.com/Motorcycle%20Hire/germanyhire.htm
might just leave it till I get there - its a big trip from frankfurt to Vienna too. might end up just driving, or catching a train.. probably best not to DIE half way through my trip by being rear ended by a lambo at 300kph

336LJ
02-08-2011, 11:05 PM
in saying that if anyone over there knows of something interesting just shoot me an email via this forum (will go directly to my email account) I'd pay someone even if it was some shitty ass cb250 or something, got a mate over there keen for a ride for a day, only just got his first bike.
also - if anyone over there IS keen for ride, or group ride - I'm in - fly out to germany on the 25th