PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used these front paddock stands?

wackyrider
01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm looking at getting or making a front paddock stand for the bike and wondering what is best. i found this off ebay from Kaneng

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MOTORCYCLE-FRONT-STAND-TRIPLE-TREE-LIFTER-FREE-POST-/260801857537?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb9008801
Just wondering if anyone had used them and how they hold up. I prefer this design to the one which holds the base of the forks as this gives you the opportunity to remove the forks if needed. Bike should be more stable also since it is being held from a higher point.

BANDITROD
01-08-2011, 05:38 PM
They are good Jules but you need to make sure the pin on the stand fits nice and snug into your bottom triple otherwise it won't work most of those stands you can order it with a pin to suit your bike

wackyrider
01-08-2011, 05:43 PM
they come with about 5 different pins to adapt to various stems. The only thing is that the upper tube is not braced in any way and wonder if this would be an issue. the last thing I want is my bike falling over

Tony Nitrous
01-08-2011, 05:49 PM
I've got a couple similar to those.
They work well on my Bandit / 1100ET and stuff like SV650's etc.
I like them because I can pull the forks out with them.

They do NOT work on my Busa or B-King.
The arm hits the top of the front guard,
shorter forks, height of guard is too near
that of the bottom yolk when you lift.

Tony Nitrous
01-08-2011, 05:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by wackyrider

I prefer this design to the one which holds the base of the forks as this gives you the opportunity to remove the forks if needed.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8357/banstan.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3768/bencht.jpg

wackyrider
01-08-2011, 06:02 PM
What is the distance between the front fender and the lower triple on your bandit in comparison to the B-King or Busa? Wondering if it will work on my R1

BANDITROD
01-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I have seen one used on an r1 Jules and it will work fine mate

Tony Nitrous
01-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Not sure. Not near the bikes at the momment.
Just remember the arm pushing down on the front
guard when I tried. With my stuff and my stand
its OK on conventional fork, but not USD's.
Other stands and bikes may be different.

Just remembered, it DIDN'T work on my 1100ET,
choke cable go's up through the steering stem.

Mishdog20
01-08-2011, 06:12 PM
ive got a set of those Jules, the front wont work on my zx but used to work fine on the R6. U can borrow mine for a bit if ya want to test fit it???

timbo
01-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I have one like that and always use a rear padock stand at the same time. i have used it with out the rear stand in place but was not happy to walk away from the bike while on the front stand only

Fight_fan
02-08-2011, 07:12 AM
I'v used one of kaneg's front stands. Worked sweet as!

wackyrider
02-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Bough one last night. Hopefully I get it by Friday as I should have my tyres by then

xa-mont
02-08-2011, 09:25 AM
we shoulda just made one.

I might copy dimensions off yours and make one (and fix up my rear stand while i'm at it.)

Jed
02-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I've got one for my ZXR. Works a treat.

wackyrider
02-08-2011, 11:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by xa-mont

we shoulda just made one.

I might copy dimensions off yours and make one (and fix up my rear stand while i'm at it.)

I was gonna make one Trav, but for $150, u get a lower triple stand, which can convert to an under fork stand and also come with 5 different pin sizes for the lower triple. Plus free shipping. By my calculations, this was worth it. Seeing as my welding skills are a vey basic level, I would have needed to brace the upper arm a bit to feel safe using it. The last thin u want is to not get enough fusion of the two pieces of material and the damn thing snaps while the bike is on it.

latheboy
02-08-2011, 12:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

I have one like that and always use a rear padock stand at the same time. i have used it with out the rear stand in place but was not happy to walk away from the bike while on the front stand only

I'm with timbo on using the rear stand at the same time.
I made mine and it was easy, plus 2 different rear stands.
Always use the rear when you lift the front.

Chase
02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

quote:Originally posted by timbo

I'm with timbo on using the rear stand at the same time.
I made mine and it was easy, plus 2 different rear stands.
Always use the rear when you lift the front.

I've got a set and they're good value. From memory I think there is even a warning or sticker somewhere that says they have to be used with the rear stand...

Deano
02-08-2011, 01:14 PM
180702086983. This one is same but has bracing. I am trying to buy one of these ones but guy hasnt answered my email for 4 days

wackyrider
02-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I had seen that design and to be honest I would have preferred it. Need it for the weekend though, and hoping to have this one delivered by then

Dynomutt
03-08-2011, 05:04 AM
I use them all the time BUT never on its own it should always be used with a paddock stand on the rear. If you have the ability to fit bobbins on the rear then do so as they are much easier to use and much more secure than lifting pads under the arm.
I have a couple of sets of the Harris paddock stands which are the best I've ever used, there has been some thought into the design and the amount of effort required to lift the bike is much less than others, as the pivot action of the wheels has been located in the best place making the control of the stand for raising and lowering much easier. I've a Micron front head stand which works fine and is fine on K series forks, and a smaller front atnd which fits under the forks, as well as the two Harris front stands.