PDA

View Full Version : Advice Re: Stu's 'Streetbars'

deafwish
28-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Looking at getting Stu's 'Streetbars' for my 04 Z1000.
The majority of my riding is fast paced riding, out in the mountains.
With these bars having less sweep (bending back) and also a bit wider, will this hinder the way the bike performs?
If I'm hanging off the side, will my outside hand be in a funny position on the grip, due to the bars being flatter/ less sweep?
I really want to be over the tank more, but if it effects performance, I'll give it a miss.
Cheers all.
Daz.

chopiesel
28-03-2007, 07:27 PM
i think you wont have a problem once your used to it.

28-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Wider bars will give more leverage effect making it easies to throw the bike from side to side, and better control when hitting rough spots/debris on the road. Lower bars will make it easier to get off the side of the bike. ie knee down.

zx12argh
28-03-2007, 07:45 PM
I've got a set of stu's drag bars and love em.

deafwish
28-03-2007, 08:00 PM
zx12argh,
What's your bike like on the track/ in the bends?

fimpBIKES
28-03-2007, 08:21 PM
it will be fine

u might find your wrists will be a bit sore til they get used to it
but after a few rides it'll be fine
plus u should hander better with more on the front

Cruisecontrol
28-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I had a set of Renthal streetfighter bars on my bike and the front was a little light during heavy cornering. I put a set of Stu's drag bars on and they are perfect! Can ride all day in comfort and it sorted out the front end beautifully.

deafwish
28-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Why will it hurt my wrists?

I've got this training program I'm doing at the moment to help strengthen my wrists.......?

28-03-2007, 08:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by deafwish

Why will it hurt my wrists?

I've got this training program I'm doing at the moment to help strengthen my wrists.......?

But only you're right wrist?

:D

Cruisecontrol
28-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah, but you have to sit on it for a while first. Once it is numb, close your eyes and you have yourself a handjob from a total stranger.

Or so I am told...

28-03-2007, 08:41 PM
OH! It's your HAND you sit on, wondered why it never worked for me :D

catchmeifyoucan
28-03-2007, 09:55 PM
hey deafwish, didn't like the pro tapers???

zx12argh
28-03-2007, 11:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by deafwish

zx12argh,
What's your bike like on the track/ in the bends?

Haven't done a track day - the bike spends too much time getting pulled apart and rebuilt most weekends tho I've gone for a few twisties and it works very nicely. :)

Better then Renthals I feel - they have a lower position and so are more similar to clip ons - but with out being as low.

deafwish
29-03-2007, 07:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

hey deafwish, didn't like the pro tapers???

I cut them down to the '3' mark on the bars before fitting them and fuckin murpheys law, my switchgear and levers JUST don't fit (the levers move upward when pulled in). :(

Anyone want them for a small fee? They actually have never been used!
Has a few holes for switchgear pins (3 on each side [:o)])