PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on wheels

reaper
31-07-2011, 01:29 AM
I have a 1st gen bandit 1200 and would like to fit some late gsxr lighter wheels to it has anybody on here done this ? maybe give me some pointers already have gsxr1100 usd's on it cheers

BANDITROD
31-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I am looking into that at the mo and from what I have been told you are better off using a early busa rear because the sprocket offset is closer to the rim where as the gixxer is too far out there and the possibility of you chain hitting the inside of your frame is more likely .......this is just what I have been told I have not tried it yet myself

ALBI
31-07-2011, 12:04 PM
as long as you go with round ones mate you wont have a problem !!!!

ozzy1100
31-07-2011, 01:04 PM
rod does a 6" rim fit for chain alingment with a 190 tire on the bandit ?
busa rims wouldnt be much lighter than the stock jobys if at all but they strong
the gsxr 11oo forks have a smaller axel size than the busa or late gsxr so bush,s as well as spacers are needed

BANDITROD
31-07-2011, 01:08 PM
It will fit ozzy but the chain runs pretty close to the tyre it can be done though

Deano
31-07-2011, 01:31 PM
To put the front in you have to make a new centre spacer and new smaller dia bearings.

If you are running a 6 inch wheel then I would go the 180 tyre so less chain issues. The busa 6 inch wheel is the same design as the bandit so doubt you will get a weight saving at all

I just put k series wheels on my slingshot with a bandit motor and offset the front sprocket 3mm and turned the dished sprocket round made a new spacer for the Cush and new whelk bearing and spacer and turned the lip off the Cush where the seal sits