PDA

View Full Version : subframe

pav69
30-07-2011, 10:23 AM
after a subframe to fit a 95zxr 750 as mine is bent cheers steve.

BANDITROD
30-07-2011, 03:53 PM
How bad is it mate they straighten pretty easy if not to bad

pav69
30-07-2011, 05:38 PM
hey rod if you seen my bike when i got it it was messy but i didnt notice the bend until today i would say it was put down on the left side pretty good and bent a few things lucky for me frame is straight.

BANDITROD
30-07-2011, 05:42 PM
You can give it a tweak while bolted to the frame the subframe lugs are prob the strongest thing on kwaka frames......that's what I would do anyway as long as it doesn't have to go to far it will be ok

Lewis Moto
30-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Straightened a ZX9 Subframe on a c model...welded not bolted on.
Strapped the bike to the bullbar of a nearby stationary object and using rope with a couple of truckies knots stretched between the subframe and another nearby stationary object (house). Was able to pull the subframe back into alignment. Was surprising to see how far beyond the centre line of the bike it had to be pulled to get it to relax back into the centre.
Good as new in about 20 mins.
Basically fix the bike to something solid and you can use a come along or even a block and tackle to bend it back. Rope works just as good if you can tie knots or even get some cheap gal pulleys from bunnings that are used for shade sails. Mechanical advantage is an awesome thing.

pav69
30-07-2011, 07:00 PM
i will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens