PDA

View Full Version : 38 speed cameras are getting the AXE

kev@vcm
28-07-2011, 09:29 AM
just some general info boys

Thursday, July 28, 2011

38 speed cameras in NSW are to be axed, however the 18 most lucrative speed camera's aren't going anywhere.

The 38 cameras to be removed :

Great Western Highway - Parramatta
Delhi Road – Macquarie Park
M4 Motorway – Wentworthville/Greystanes
Hume Highway - Burwood
Carlingford Road – Epping
Woy Woy Road – Kariong
Eastern Valley Way – Nth Willoughby
Warringah Road – Frenchs Forest
Spit Road – Beauty Point/The Spit
Newcastle Road – Lambton
Bangalow Road – Clunes
New England Highway – Murrurundi
New England Highway – Tilbuster
New England Highway – Quirindi
Brunswick Valley Way – Ocean Shores
Eastern Arterial Road – Gordon
Princes Highway – Broughton
New England Highway – Scone
Princes Highway – Nowra
New England Highway Llangothlin
Princes Highway – Angledale
Pacific Highway – Kundabung
Pacific Highway – Urunga
Bolong Road – Shoalhaven Heads
Manns Road – West Gosford
General Holmes Drive – Botany
Bruxner Highway – Alstonville
Hume Highway – Coolac
Hume Highway – Tarcutta
Pacific Highway – Banora Point
Pacific Highway -Herons Creek
Pacific Highway – Bundagen
President Avenue – Gymea
Blackwall Road – Woy Woy North
Ocean Beach Road – Woy Woy
Balgownie Road – Fairy Meadow
Sherwood Road – Merrylands West
Central Coast Highway – Bateau Bay

http://smh.drive.com.au/roads-and-traffic/speed-cameras-minister-orders-38-to-be-switched-off-20110727-1hzcz.html--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sen
28-07-2011, 09:44 AM
quote:M4 Motorway – Wentworthville/Greystanes

About fucking time. That one didn't stop accidents, it caused bloody traffic jams because everyone slowed down to 70 from being so scared of going over 90 as they pass it.

kev@vcm
28-07-2011, 09:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by sen

quote:M4 Motorway – Wentworthville/Greystanes

About fucking time. That one didn't stop accidents, it caused bloody traffic jams because everyone slowed down to 70 from being so scared of going over 90 as they pass it.

yeah theres alot of them that did fuck all except raise money . this is a small victory in this war

xa-mont
28-07-2011, 09:51 AM
the'll put them somewhere else where they will make more money soon enough.

fimpBIKES
28-07-2011, 12:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by kev@vcm

this is a small victory in this war

a dude at work was all excited about this the other day
i dont see it as a good thing at all

1) the state gov cant afford to loose all that revinue
2) at least those cameras were sign-posted and obvious
3) how many fucking mobile ford territories are going to be rolled out next year? im guessing more than 38....

Hillsy
28-07-2011, 01:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

3) how many fucking mobile ford territories are going to be rolled out next year? im guessing more than 38....

That'd be it. No one in their right mind would speed past a well known fixed, signed camera (well, not more than once), so I'm guessing they're being removed due to lower levels of revenue as opposed to the "surprise" Territory set up on the side of your favourite scratching road.

Gix11
28-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I was happy to see this one on the list: Bangalow Road – Clunes

It is highly marked as you say but around a corner. You'd be a twat to speed through there anyway, but those bastards will do you for the extra 5kph that you sometimes carry through and it's such a beautiful flowing road as you can see: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Bangalow+Rd,+Clunes+New+South+Wales&hl=en&sll=-28.762543,153.346975&sspn=0.015707,0.033023&t=h&z=14

StuNVA
28-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Do they get you for +5kmph ???

Gix11
28-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I may have exaggerated a bit. I did get done for 8k over and that was in my bloody ute!

BANDITROD
28-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I have been done for 4 klms over before so now I slow right down and flip the cunt sitting in it the bird

MuZ
28-07-2011, 07:47 PM
from that list, all the ones i could recognise are ones that are well sign posted, and no one speeds through there because its difficult to speed unless your trying or they're way too visable.
I'm tipping the reason they're axing em' is because this is the bottom 50 speed cameras as far as revenue raising goes and they could be costing more to maintain then they're making

kev@vcm
28-07-2011, 07:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by MuZ

from that list, all the ones i could recognise are ones that are well sign posted, and no one speeds through there because its difficult to speed unless your trying or they're way too visable.
I'm tipping the reason they're axing em' is because this is the bottom 50 speed cameras as far as revenue raising goes and they could be costing more to maintain then they're making

i would have to agree with ya there MuZ

LKC73
28-07-2011, 09:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

Fimp, from a report I read today, there will be 200+ more "safety camera's" rolled out across NSW. The increase in Mcquarie banks mobile cash cows will increase also from the current 20 (I think) to 125 units.
Also the contract speed trap cars have a zero tollorance. So do 1km over and you'll be fined.
State Gov may loose some money, but the bank wont.

Swordsy
28-07-2011, 10:41 PM
From what I read earlier today is that they are relocating these not removing them. But I could be wrong.

But aren't the safety camera's the red light/speed cameras that are now becoming quite prominent throughout Sydney with one little sign instead of the 3 larger ones the fixed cameras have?

Large
29-07-2011, 10:12 AM
....to be replaced by 40 mobile cameras-

quote:RAMPED-UP mobile speed camera operations could make at least $20 million a year for the state government - double the revenue it sacrificed after ditching 38 fixed speed cameras.

Six mobile speed vehicles issued 10,425 fines worth $1.58 million in the last financial year, although they worked only 1000 hours each month.

That will increase to 12,200 hours once the operation is in full swing, with up to 40 vehicles.

The news comes after the government said it would sacrifice $10 million a year after shutting down a quarter of the state's cameras.

The RTA last night rejected the $20 million figure. A spokesman said it was "difficult to meaningfully estimate the value of the fines" any increase in mobile speed camera operation hours will generate.

"Future plans for the mobile speed camera program are being considered by the NSW government in light of yesterday's audit report," the spokesman said.

Each of the 40 vehicles will operate mobile speed cameras for two- or three-hour sessions at locations yet to be chosen.

"The RTA will deploy approximately 6100 hours per month as two-hour enforcement sessions and approximately 6100 hours per month as three-hour enforcement sessions" says the project's Scope of Service document of last October.

The fixed camera shutdown came after a report released by the Auditor General found 38 of 141 cameras had no significant road safety benefit.

The revised mobile speed camera contract will include hundreds of new locations across the state, many promising to bring in more revenue than those being targeted.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/mobile-speed-cameras-could-reap-a-20m-harvest/story-e6freuy9-1226103728778

fimpBIKES
29-07-2011, 12:22 PM
c
u
n
t
s