PDA

View Full Version : MRA in your area

BillyWhizz888
28-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Being a member of the local MRA in WA, I find it bloody sickening to hear whats going on over East and hope it never makes it past the fence, Qld & Vic are leading the charge on restricting biking in general...

ARE YOU AWARE OF WHAT YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS UP TO???????

Anyone else on here in the MRA

What news have you got to share????

(I know... being serious for once)

sharky
28-03-2007, 11:39 AM
quote:ARE YOU AWARE OF WHAT YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS UP TO???????

No. Whats goin on ?:(

zx12argh
28-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I heard they were cracking down on licensing to stop new riders getting on hypo powered bikes but not much more then that... What have you heard mate?

zx12argh
28-03-2007, 12:55 PM
A couple experts from a discussion about barrier impacts and motorcycles.

After reading this I think or local government actively want to kill dismember and maim motorcyclists otherwise why would they continue to install these wire barriers...

http://www.mraa.org.au/downloads/files/barriers_esv_2005.pdf

Figure 23 shows the kinematics for an upright rider on a motorcycle impacting a wire rope barrier. The calculated injuries from the simulations suggest that serious injury would result regardless of speed and impact angle.
In all simulations the motorcycle slides along the wires until it hits a post, squeezing and trapping the rider’s leg against the wires as it does so. The post contact causes the motorcycle’s front wheel to snag lifting the front of the motorcycle up and throwing the rider’s torso and head forward. Because the rider’s leg is trapped between the motorcycle and the wire ropes and the foot snags in the ropes, the head and torso slap into the front of the rising motorcycle. Eventually the leg becomes free as the motorcycle rotates and the rider is then catapulted over the barrier. This is a different result to the concrete barrier where the rider was thrown over the barrier with relatively little snagging or deceleration.

In both the 60 km/h and 80 km/h impact speeds at an angle of 25º, the motorbike throws the rider into the air with the rider hitting the ground head first. Hence the high HIC. One of the motorcycling community’s key concerns with wire rope barriers was the possibility of a rider’s limb(s) becoming caught in the barrier during a collision. The simulations seem to indicate that this snagging effect occurs for both the rider’s leg nearest the barrier. However of greater concern is the snagging of the motorcycle’s front wheel on the barrier’s posts.

sharky
28-03-2007, 02:43 PM
When the uk gov introduced these wires the dept of transport actually admitted on paper that no research was done into the dangers to m/cyclists.MCN apparently has it on file somewhere.

ozpete01
28-03-2007, 05:30 PM
before i left the uk, just after they brought in the wire rope barriers there was a big push to have them banned as a few bikers had legs and arms and one guy had his head sliced off like a big fucking guil. guillotine(think that how u spell it)....fucking big sharp knife. dont know if they did get rid of them, me and a few people up in north qld have spoken to a few pollies about it but as soon as u mention u ride a bike they aint fuckin interested.

sickboy
28-03-2007, 06:11 PM
The only news I have heard of late is that of MRAA president Dale Maggs publicly supporting the impoundment of a motorcyclists bike after he was caught speeding on the Monash freeway.

catchmeifyoucan
28-03-2007, 06:37 PM
fuckin government... how come we cant build barriers that maim and disfigure ppl that work for the government, its just not fair...

ozpete01
02-04-2007, 03:57 PM
sounds like the MRA here isnt any better than most of the so called action groups in europe, they there to look good but still accept it, everytime the govt bends them over and fucks em, whether it is a good idea or a killer for most road users

Hillsy
02-04-2007, 04:20 PM
More top quality bike slagging journalism from QLD:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,21481719-3102,00.html

I especially like the bit that says "offenders who hid the registration plates on their bikes and raced off from police would be caught later."

Umm....how exactly are they planning to do that????

BillyWhizz888
04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
From the MRA in Qld
the law has been changed to BAN people from getting bike licences until they have had a car licence for 1 year............
http://www.mraqld.org/cms/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=16&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01dateformat=%25d%2F%25m%2F%25Y&cntnt01returnid=30

http://www.mraqld.org/cms/

there is so much shite going on in the back ground in all states it might be worth while some of you popping along or staying tuned in to their websites.......

alfiestorm
05-04-2007, 12:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by BillyWhizz888

From the MRA in Qld
the law has been changed to BAN people from getting bike licences until they have had a car licence for 1 year............
http://www.mraqld.org/cms/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=16&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01dateformat=%25d%2F%25m%2F%25Y&cntnt01returnid=30

http://www.mraqld.org/cms/

there is so much shite going on in the back ground in all states it might be worth while some of you popping along or staying tuned in to their websites.......

Well then they have got that totally arse about face havn't they.
So now people are going to get into v8 Holdens and Fords and have a bigger heavier object to crash about in.
In real terms it is a very small percentage of new riders or drivers that will crash and kill or be killed.
Well you know what to do when your local political elections come round.

I have mentioned this somewhere on here before but do the local councils/governments realise that motorcyclist can vote at election times.
How many people ride bikes that are of the age to vote in all the different state in Australia. That is probably the most powerful tool bikers have in trying to persuade governments to think bike.

Alf

Hillsy
05-04-2007, 09:02 AM
This will not affect many "new" motorcyclists in this country because the majority of "new" motorcyclists here are mid-life crisis "professionals" who are buying their first bike from the local Humpty Dumpty dealer. They've had car licenses for years and they won't care about anything that doesn't affect them or their new found freedom....
Unfortunately, they are the ones who are most likely to kill themselves because they have no riding experience and they are learning to ride on an anvil....