PDA

View Full Version : Calling Alfiestorm

Benz
28-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Hey MAAAAATE,
Could you get some parts from Debben for me? I need a 3/8th offset17 tooth 530 Z750 countershaft sprocket, and a 46tooth 530 Silver anodised rear for a gixxer L model. I can order them online, but they want 75quid to post them, and that's complete bullshit, and blatant profiteering. Trouble is, their sprocket prices are actually quite good, after checking the rest of the planet!!
If you could get hold of them ,bring them over with you,or send them to me, that would be fantastic. Of course I'll sent you the cash/credit/paypal/ direct transfer.....which ever way you want to deal with the money side of things,and I'd be forever in your debt:D

alfiestorm
28-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Hey Benz
The easiest way would be for you to order the sprockets online with them and have it sent to my home address I can then put the sprockets in the container with everthing else. I arrive in Adelaide around the 20th April and the container should arrive about 4 weeks after me. If you are in hurry for the parts it is probably not a good idea but if you dont mind waiting then it will be ok.
If you want to do it that way I will pm my address to you but it will have to be done with in the next three weeks as that is when I draw the line and stop to make sure everthing is packed and ready for the hop across to the other side of the planet.

Stu

shift1313
28-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Benz, there are tons of sprockets with the same spline as the 750turbo, can you make anything else work? maybe you can get locally?

Benz
28-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Matt, I've tried a hell of a lot of places, and Debben have a hardened, CNC milled item, which would be a heap stronger and run truer than any welded up one. The Z650 ,and the KLR600 looks to be another bike using the same spline size, and I'm not certain, but years ago when I changed over to 530 the ZX9 was another option, but none of these are offset, so it would still require welding. Debben's price is about 66 quid, around 150 ozzies, better than I can find elsewhere,[including OZ]to this point.
This engine is eventually gonna have a more efficient turbo and fuel system added, it will be capable of more than 200 hp......I'd rather know all's good rather than wonder if the chain might wrap around the cases....

sharky
28-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Or worse...ya left leg !!![B)]

shift1313
29-03-2007, 03:01 AM
yeah, the sprocket i ran was welded, but a company did a short run of special sprockets for a group and i got a 3/8 offset 17tooth for $15 USD. Only have one at the moment though, sorry:(.

http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html?&L=0

that site lists the spline size and sprocket offset as well as chain size. Ive looked through it a good bit but if you know what offset you want go for it. Im running a 3/8 offset plus a spacer behind the sprocket. I believe my spacer is .2155", thats with an unmodified carrier on the rear. If you mod the carrier and get a heavy duty roller chain(non oring) you will have less offset.

hope you can find one.

I dont know if you can get ahold of them but HPU has one for your bike just for this. Last time i checked they were $85usd and i dont know where they are located so post might be a problem for you. Im going to send an email out to a group and see if i can track one down closer to your side of the world.

shift1313
29-03-2007, 09:02 PM
i found one for you benz, $35us pluss shipping. Ill let you know where the guy is so you can figure out shipping if you want them. They were custom machined for us and they are surface hardened just like every other front sprocket. If i remember correctly from the back face of my sprocket to the front face was .5745" last time i measured, about 14.5mm

Benz
29-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Shit!! I have just ordered from Debben Matt........
I'm sure I need 9mm, which is pretty close to the 3/8th they sell. I can fine tune this from the cushdrive face.
Damn....wish I 'd have seen this earlier, the net was down here, so I jumped on and ordered as soon as it was repaired.
Thanks for the effort all the same mate, I appreciate it.
An email just confirmed my purchase from Debbens, bugger...at least I've got one now...

shift1313
30-03-2007, 03:11 AM
no worries, if we ever do another run ill let you know. they are 3/8 offset, that 14.5mm was front face to back face. if you actually measure the offset its about 9mm. I only ordered 2 when we did it but i know a few members ended up with 5 or 6 each.

I wonder why you and I needed different offsets, what rear rim did you use again? ive got a 5.5" gsxr rim.

Benz
30-03-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm using a 5.5" rear too.....but I've not completed the task yet, so there may be other issues....my swingarm is a different year to yours, there may be more offset in its design, than the unbraced L model I'm using. Probably not.....I haven't stringlined my wheels either, so the games not over yet!
You say you have 9mm offset on the sprocket, we have the same yes? I have already reversed my rear sprocket, maybe that's the difference.

alfiestorm
30-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Your parts have arrived Benz. I will get them in the post but if the post office quote me some stupid price I will contact you before posting.

Alf :)

shift1313
30-03-2007, 09:08 PM
thats probably it benz, my carrier is unmodified in the rear which is the need for the extra spacer up front, i could take the material off there if i wanted, still might.