PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ, I NEED HELP!

kiwi kdx
23-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Hi all, i have found a crashed R6 to build a street fighter out of
the front end is gone and frame bent, im ok with that i have an R1 front end anyway.

im planning on getting a new frame from the wreckers and swapping everything over...........

but how do i go about putting the new frame in my name, as ownership of it will be registered to "who knows???"

would i need to track down the original owner of the frame? or could the wreckers give me a proof of ownership?

and it will also have a different engine number, is this a problem?

do people do this? is it legal?

sorry if these are dumb questions, but in new to Auz.

thank you all for any help.

BANDITROD
23-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I have basically just done that with a zx6 that I have got I was Told by Vic roads that it wouldn't be a prob but I have since decided to turn it into a race bike rather than register it I'm not sure about others states but in Vic it won't be a prob just do a vin check before you buy the frame to make sure it has a clear title

RevHead
23-07-2011, 11:15 PM
in n.s.w,get your receipt for the frame and after you build your bike take that n the original receipt for the motor to get a blue slip,all will be fine

wackyrider
24-07-2011, 12:14 AM
If you're buying the frame from the wreckers they would be able to provide you with a receipt with the VIN number on it. Check with Vic roads and it should be no prob

ALBI
24-07-2011, 11:09 AM
just make sure it wasnt a write off mate and get a recipt with it and as pete and others said also go to rego office in ur state and ask them as they are the ones who will pass or not !!

Large
24-07-2011, 11:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by ALBI

just make sure it wasnt a write off mate and get a recipt with it and as pete and others said also go to rego office in ur state and ask them as they are the ones who will pass or not !!

Before you buy any frame, do a REVs check on the vin number.

It will ask for a vin number and engine number- use your engine number- (that will come up as a data mismatch), but it should also tell you if the frame is listed on the Written Off Vehicle Register as a repairable or stat write off.

If it's a stat write off- don't buy it
If it's a repairable write off, you need to budget in the cost of the RTA inspection to clear the repairs (over $400 in NSW)

kiwi kdx
24-07-2011, 08:06 PM
ok, dosent sound like too big of a deal.....

i do have one more question, repairiable write-off's.....

i have just been on the vic roads website and it seems like a huge drama to get a bike back on the road,
is it that bad or just red tape?

as my other option is a repairiable write-off with light plastic damaged.

again thanks for any help!

wackyrider
25-07-2011, 01:55 PM
For a rep write off you just need to do a VIV (Vehicle Identification Verification) Inspection. You will have to call Vic roads and set an appointment with one in your area, it will set u back around $550 if i recall well. Plus your standard RWC (Road Worthiness Certificate) which most bike shop's can do, costs around $80. You just need to have proof of anything you have fixed or replaced (receipts) and photo's of the work being done. This is to prove that you are not registering a stolen bike with numbers of a crashed one

kiwi kdx
25-07-2011, 06:05 PM
ok so i got the bike, have done a check and according to vic roads,
it has not been written off, so ill ring up and double check tomorow!
if not i just got a registerable 2001 R6 with 30km's for well under a Grand!!!

(minus the front forks and front plastics)but who needs them i have my R1
front with fat bars set up ready to bolt on!!!!!

i rekon you can all guess whats under here.......
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/d21terrano/DSC00008.jpg

and the R1 setup ready to go.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/d21terrano/DSC00009-1.jpg

kiwi kdx
26-07-2011, 04:35 PM
THE BUILD IS UNDERWAY!!!!! COME TAKE A LOOK http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23195