PDA

View Full Version : P**sed off.

zx12argh
27-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Okay short story - My 2004 zrx1200r for written off in an accident a little over 13 months ago. I had purchased an extended warranty from T*** M*** where I had bought the bike brand new. When the bike was written off the extended warranty hadn't kicked in so I asked them to transfer it over to my zx12r that I bought through the same store. Yupp no worries just sign here which I did.

6 months later I still hadn't received my new warranty books so I start chasing it up (with a bit more enthusiasm). They hadn't done anything about it saying the warranty guy never got back to them. I needed some parts for the 12r so I said fine - just give me store credit in exchange. Yupp no worries - just sign here - which I did. Again.

6 months later after phone calls (which are never returned) and visits to the store they finally say look just take the parts and we will sort it. So I happily enough (I'm usually a chilled out guy) took my new clutch cover and walked away. I also organised to drop of my steering damper to get it rebuilt cause it had shat itself.

That was 6 weeks ago after they told me it was a 2 week job. For the last 2 weeks I have been calling them at least every second/third day to find out when its going to be done - only because he has never returned a phone call - Finally got told on tuesday last week that it was going to be done and back at their shop on friday. He was going to call me on friday to tell me it was there.

So no phone call on friday or monday so I call him today and ask if its there. Yupp no worries - It just turned up at 12.

I leave work early (I get paid by the hour so that cost me money) to get there before they shut and he drops it on the counter in front of me.

Is this my steering damper? I ask. Just because I dont remember mine looking like someone had squashed the tank mount in a vice or attacked the piston with an angle grinder.

Yeah - he said - I wasn't sure what it looked like when we sent it away so I thought I would let you look at it first before I said anything..

Basically the damper is completely fucked - both from cosmetic and mechanical aspect - The damper grabs then releases unevenly and completely locks up at times.

So apparently he is going to call me back tomorrow and see what they can do.

We'll see what happens. :(

I'll see what happens tomorrow before I name them... They are sort of holding me to ransom with money and parts right now.

jakam04
27-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I dont want to get you into trouble for naming this shop.... but if you could maybe list which shop it was in our members only area.. it will prevent others from dealing with this substandard store..

Jarrod

jakam04
27-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Fuck.... I hate cryptic clues.... can you give me more than T*** M*** LMFAO......

Jarrod

Gix11
27-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I thought that was pretty obvious mate? Team Moto.

megareg
27-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Tony at T***M*** at VIRG***A always gives me good <s>head</s> service and a discount, never used their w/shop though, tried their sales.. 'bout 18 or so months ago, I wanted them to call me when they got a 1050 Sprint in.. they never did...

jakam04
27-03-2007, 08:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

I thought that was pretty obvious mate? Team Moto.

Sorry Gix... my warped sense of humour took over which might have lessened the sarcasm I attempted to use.

Jarrod

Gix11
27-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Ah, I'm actually glad you were being sarcastic, I was starting to worry.

sickboy
27-03-2007, 09:17 PM
I heard about this mob on another forum where they fitted a new front tyre but forgot to tighten up the caliper bolts on one side ,the result was a fucked up wheel and caliper but could have been fatal ffs. And then they um'd and ah'd and basicly procastinated for some time before threatend with legal action decided to replace the parts,but what piss around.

Jockney Rebel
27-03-2007, 10:04 PM
i got a new chain and sprokets fitted to my ZXR back in blighty some years ago the guy who fitted them put a engine sproket nut on with no retainer ..so at 90mph it let go destroying my engine casing... and shitting the life out of me ...

on a lighter note tho a shop we[all the couriers in east london] used to use was exemplary ,cheap and knew the meanig of service no frills no fancy showroom just reasonable work for workin guys and 90% of the mechanics were aussies or kiwis.... pukka place
if ur ever over there and need a bike fixed its Riverbank M/Cs[locally know as Mikes bikes]Bow E15 run by a couple of nutters called Jon and Ian

also ive just recently done some work in a H......D...... shop who will remain nameless cos he me gaffers mate ]..but our phill recently went round there for some bits Plugs or summat and was told to fuk off cos he rode a jap bike

they wonder why they get slated so much ...hmmmm

27-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Should we be surprised that an tractor hydraulics technician is working for a HD shop :D

zx12argh
27-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Not surprisingly I dont want to take my bike there anymore - especially considering they cant work out why its running rich.

"We plugged it into the computer - Its saying there is nothing wrong with it."

I just fueled up - around town I was using almost 12 litres to the hundred... Fuck me.

Anyone know a good shop - I was thinking Whales Kawasaki on Moss st down on the south side... Its a bit of a ride for me (about 45 minutes) but they built a 12r streetfighter so figuring they know their way around them.

megareg
28-03-2007, 06:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Should we be surprised that an tractor hydraulics technician is working for a HD shop :D

A technician??? you need to be a technician to use a hammer and cold chisel????

jakam04
28-03-2007, 08:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Not surprisingly I dont want to take my bike there anymore - especially considering they cant work out why its running rich.

I just fueled up - around town I was using almost 12 litres to the hundred... Fuck me.

Anyone know a good shop - I was thinking Whales Kawasaki on Moss st down on the south side... Its a bit of a ride for me (about 45 minutes) but they built a 12r streetfighter so figuring they know their way around them.

Yeah, Whala Kwaka is now Pro Kwaka... Their sister store in Ipswich I can recommend for having an excellent mechanic (ph 38103999)... It might be a ride for you to get there, but at least it will be worth it.

Jarrod

28-03-2007, 08:07 AM
There is no such thing as a tuning computer,they might do a more accurate prog.if they used a "sniffer" but doubt if they would employ someone that cood use it.

zx12argh
28-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah but it could be a malfunctioning TPS, O2 sensor or something else again. The computer only reports dead or out of range sensors - Doesn't report a sensor thats giving dodgy data still within the set range. I think its my temp sensor - always reporting the bike as cold so its running a rich map to heat the bike up - instead its doing the opposite the rich running is just drowning the bike and making it run cooler...

But I cant test this stuff at home... Almost makes me wish for carbies.

sharky
28-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Thats exactly why I love carbies...ok I've been having fun with mine...but I can do it meself in the shed.....
Oh and just done a fuel consumption run..107k/6.65L, 6.21L/100k @110kph :D
Which in real(pom) terms is 45mpg :D :D

Hillsy
28-03-2007, 09:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Try Alex at LAE Racing 5/360 Newman Rd Geebung Ph: 07 3865 6122. I took my ZX9 there and other guys on the forum have used him too. Is about in the middle price wise for dyno operators.

jakam04
28-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Dyno wise... Pro Kwaka Ipswich is offering Dyno runs for $30 only on Saturdays.... Damn good price if I do say so myself.

Jarrod

Jockney Rebel
28-03-2007, 06:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by megareg

quote:Originally posted by chalk10

A technician??? you need to be a technician to use a hammer and cold chisel????
cheeky bastard im a highly trained fluid transfer gorilla ill have u know:D

Slain
29-03-2007, 09:08 AM
many many bad experiances with t*** homo, never go there

megareg
29-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Hey Franken, I couldn't resist, It was there, so I had to do it![}:)]
Actually, we needed a good hydraulics bloke not too long ago, one of our plate feeders had a problem when too much ore on it... I do electrical/instruments and the Fitters decided that the problem was electrical (they always do that if there is a wire involved somewhere...), have a good long look at it, find that the proportional valve is getting its full 800mA to it and working... the fitters here have big hammers... and cold chisels too..

zx12argh
30-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Well there seems to be some resolution to this thing - My steering damper was sent to R A D Motorcycle Shocky Repairs - who accepted the job. This is all second hand information of course but apparently after they munted my damper they told Team Moto at Bowen Hills that "We dont do dampers but thought we would give it a try". Apparently the Team Moto chain is going to boycott RAD from here on if they dont pay for a replacement damper for me.

Regardless Team Moto are replacing the damper at (better be) no cost to me. Still pissed that it took 8 weeks + the time to get the new damper to get here.

War_Hound
03-04-2007, 06:40 AM
I am sorry guys but every experience myself or anyone I know has had a TM has either been crap work .. overcharged .. not done properly .. everytime i walk in the store I get stalked by sales guys .. I vowed I will never go to TM again .. and the other one that starts with P thats a chain of stores .. I am told is owned by a relative .. Although I have never dealt with them I am using the Peas in a pod theory ...
Springwood Suzuki is the only place I will go these days ..