PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Helak
09-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Obviouly I'm new. Just getting back into bikes again (after a bloody long time), and am starting with an oldie that I am putting back together, a z650. I was just going to get it back on the road, but the more I look the more I'd like to update some of it. Mainly suspension, front and rear. I know its possible (isn't everything) but I still want to be able to ride it (legal like). So I hope you can steer me in the right direction.

Cheers

BANDITROD
09-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Welcome aboard mate not a bad old jigger the z650 I had one as my second road bike it had a 708cc wiseco kit in it fitted by previous owner (pab13) and it was a hoot to ride as for suspension upgrades there are heaps of ways to go about it I would go for a late model set of usd's up front and then modify the rear for a mono shock setup

gav
09-07-2011, 02:22 AM
herro :)

ralph
09-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi. Welcome
The best mod I can think of for an old Z that you dont have to tell the rta is a pair of fork emulators.
They are magic, not too hard to fit.(gotta strip them and drill a couple of holes)and they cost a bit over the $200 to do when you account for new oil and fork seals.
while your at it, some after market shocks on the rear will set you back $400ish give or take
A set of pirelli demons are my favorites at the moment $350 some oil in the donk there goes your first grand and your not on the road yet.
More extreme upgrades will no doubt be recommended but get the thing on the road first, that way there is less drama

JDinOZ
09-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Hey mate welcome! :)

ALBI
10-07-2011, 01:55 PM
welcome mate

mozza
10-07-2011, 07:03 PM
welcome

Helak
15-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Thanks guys.

I was thinking about the emulators, just didn't know if they were any good, so really need some feed back on them, I was thinking Racetech.

The shocks I need some advice on where to get the info so I can pick the ones to suit.

And the demons look cool, goota fomd out who sells and fits em up here.

If any if you have some thoughts, I'd love to heat em