PDA

View Full Version : Transferring a QLD bike to NSW

sen
29-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Any sticky points before I buy a QLD bike?

Tried RTA site and google and now I'm more confused.

Anyone done this and know exactly what's involved with transferring the rego etc?

Jockney Rebel
29-06-2011, 07:27 PM
shouldnt be that hard ..id just find an addy in QLD and keep the plates ..but then im a dodgy git

Tony Nitrous
29-06-2011, 08:16 PM
...but then you wouldn't get your annual
safety cert that we Qld'ers miss out on.

RevHead
29-06-2011, 08:19 PM
take the plate off then take it for a n.s.w blue slip,with all the old rego papers n reciept,, most garages do them these day ,then get green slip ,etc cheers,

Shadowzone
29-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Or PM me and use my home address as your garage address and your home address as your postal address.

sen
29-06-2011, 08:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

Or PM me and use my home address as your garage address and your home address as your postal address.

Thanks for the offer, but doesn't the rego need to match the license address?

How would I get the bike inspected for rego renewal in QLD if it's here? (rego is up in a month or so).

sen
29-06-2011, 08:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

take the plate off then take it for a n.s.w blue slip,with all the old rego papers n reciept,, most garages do them these day ,then get green slip ,etc cheers,

Yeah this is what I figured i'd do rather than try transfer it, just start again.

sen
29-06-2011, 08:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

quote:Originally posted by sen

How would I get the bike inspected for rego renewal in QLD if it's here? (rego is up in a month or so).

No annual safety cert / inspections in Qld .... [8D]
Just keep paying the annual rego fee's.

Oh snap. [:0]

That's pretty awesome. I need to move.

Shadowzone
29-06-2011, 09:21 PM

quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

Qld doesn't have annual vehicle inspections so you wouldn't need to get it inspected.

The address of the garage in Qld doesn't have to match any address at all. If the local wallopers down there pull you over tell them you live in NSW but spend a shiteload of time working in QLD (because you own your own business) and rode the bike home last time you were up there. If they ask tell them you'll be riding it back next time you head up there to work. They can't prove you don't work up in Qld. especially if you own your own It consultancy or whatever the fuck you feel like telling them. It's really none of their concern.

sen
29-06-2011, 09:28 PM
We should have a little section in the Members section here with all these rego tips/tricks... I had no idea.

Shadowzone
29-06-2011, 09:44 PM

We should have a little section in the Members section here with all these rego tips/tricks... I had no idea.

I've spent years searching for loopholes in the system mate. If I have to play by the rules I wanna bend them to suit me..

29-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Here's another loophole.

In NSW it is legal to have your residential in a country area where you score cheaper CTP but maintain a postal address (eg a PO Box) in the Sydney metropolitan area.

Just make sure that your licence and rego have the same details.

29-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Also, Qld offers solo or single seat rego which isn't an option in NSW. Heaps cheaper.

RevHead
29-06-2011, 11:25 PM
so if i rego my gsxr1100 up there whats a green slip worth n rego ,then ,n.s.w my green slip is $686 due in 3 weeks ,also wots the rego fees ,

MONO
29-06-2011, 11:52 PM
About a third and no slips

sen
30-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Trying to look into this now, looks pretty bloody appealing.

QLD Transport site says you need either a QLD drivers license, or utility bills in your name w/ your "garage address" on it if your license isn't from QLD. What's the way around that bit?

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/Transferring-registration.aspx

quote:evidence of the vehicle's garage address if it is different to your residential/business address

current Queensland driver licence, property rates notice, gas, phone or electricity bill are acceptable.

Jockney Rebel
03-07-2011, 09:25 PM
why do you think my utes got QLD plates