PDA

View Full Version : Float heights! hate em

speeddemon
17-06-2006, 06:05 PM
So I fouled plugs big time today! Some confiormation please gentlemen:

I always thought u r ment to hold down the bit of the float bowl that the float bowl cover presses against when tightened up to check float heights?? If I was not ment to do this then my heights would be less = richer as holding it actually lifts up the float itself a bit.

Any advice? Is the correct way to do it??

Factory Pro rec 15mm height for stage 3. Jets and needle heights are all fine as had it dynod in past and no it is right, except too rich still just off bottom but cant drop pilot size (hence me fuckin with the float heights).

17-06-2006, 08:04 PM
try standard float heights mate.i hear its not good to mess with it.stage 3 is always too rich bottom end,open the throttle up more often

willow
17-06-2006, 09:37 PM
get injection.

ozR1127
17-06-2006, 10:14 PM
[B)]

loosebruce
17-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Speedy, the tool for setting float heights consists of a clear tube that screws into the float bowl drain and has a mark to which the level is set.
If your'e measuring the float height with the carb upside down, i think you measure it from the top of the gasket not from the carb body.
Don'tcha love the smell of petrol?

speeddemon
18-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks,

I know about the d clear tube thing but could not be assed setting it up, then pulling the buggers apart everytime. Ill try without holding teh float bit and see what happens..