PDA

View Full Version : "It's me or the bike" - she says. Selling my baby.

Skinner
22-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Some of you may have noticed I've not been on the forums much of late.

It's because I've been taking a break from my build. I had every intention when I bought the $2.5 non runner to make it my own Bladerod type fighter, but in the end and after some fuss the missus has got me going back to being a cager again.

There's so much more to this than a black and white -"it's me or the bike" but I look at it this way - even though there'splenty of fish in the sea, this fish stuck with me when I thought no fish would:)

Anyways you'll find the Beast in the for sale section.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23016

Please have a look. I'd like a good home for it.

Cheers
Skinner

xa-mont
22-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Good luck with the sale mate.

Hopefully you'll be able to get back on a bike in the future!

Skinner
22-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks mate. I'm hoping she comes around some day too but right now it's not worth the drama at home. But hey life's all about decisions.

crazymofo
22-06-2011, 12:57 PM
never agreed with the ultimatum myself, sell the bike for your own reasons, no one elses, weather thats inline with her's is your call.

cheers.joe.

Fight_fan
22-06-2011, 01:24 PM
^agreed, my missus tried it once & soon realised it wasnt gonna work.
Hope everythin turns out ok 4 ya mate...

sen
22-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I completely expected to click that link and see a "For Sale" ad for your wife. :P

hooligan
22-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I had that ultimatum when I spent 3 weeks hospital after I broke my leg in 09.
I've never had a car licence, so not have a bike means walking. I said i would always ride.If it came down to it I might stop riding (we do have a kid, after all, and it was 5 weeks before we got married), and told Mish that I wouldn't be the same person if I didn't ride.

I was married on crutches (and possibly high on painkillers), back on a bike two months after the crash, and now back to two bikes. This makes it seem like it was an easy conversation. It wasn't, it was one of the shittiest conversations either of us ever had, but how can you force someone you love to give up something they love doing? That is one of the many reasons Mish is awesome, that although it scares her, she is ok with me riding, because I love it.

She is making me learn to drive, however.

She's not making you sell the bike, you are deciding to, and as a special bonus offer, instead of steak knives, you're giving her your testicles.

I wonder if, somwhere on the net, there a girl posting "my boyfriend will leave unless I sell my 14 cats"

consider the can of worms opened.

[:p]

Fight_fan
22-06-2011, 03:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by hooligan

it was one of the shittiest conversations either of us ever had, but how can you force someone you love to give up something they love doing? That is one of the many reasons Mish is awesome, that although it scares her, she is ok with me riding, because I love it.

Same conclusion we came to! Apparently I can be difficult to live with when im bikeless too LOL

Skinner
22-06-2011, 03:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

sell the bike for your own reasons, no one elses, weather thats inline with her's is your call.

Yeah it's been going on for a while and that's the best explanation for it - I've decided that my own reasons are inline with hers.

I'm young but I'm smart enough to know when I've come across a good thing. So this is where I ended up. So yeah...life is unpredictable like that. I did have two good unhassled years in the saddle though ;)

RevHead
22-06-2011, 04:05 PM
yeah life is hard as, the women that loves you does worry the most about you ,,,shame; keep in touch as in the future when you find yourself riding again,youl need budds t ride with ,cheers

LKC73
22-06-2011, 04:58 PM
IM sorry man, but Ive told X's to piss off after wanting me to give up bikes. No chick will make me ever give them up. Fuck not even my own mother has stopped me, and she has tried on a number of times.
But good luck with the sale and finding your balls again in years to come lol

Big Dan
22-06-2011, 05:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by sen

I completely expected to click that link and see a "For Sale" ad for your wife. :P

I was the same sen:D

Tony Nitrous
22-06-2011, 05:56 PM
F*rk! I though I was getting a bum deal,
Mrs said if I bought a 5th bike before we
move house I'd have to pay for it on my own.

Skinner
22-06-2011, 06:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

F*rk! I though I was getting a bum deal,
Mrs said if I bought a 5th bike before we
move house I'd have to pay for it on my own.

hahaha! Nah I defs got the bum deal compared to that! Everytime I've bought a bike stop talking to my mum for about 4 months haha

Lol and she's not my wife, but she might as well be. Maybe it's the lack of security that's got me so pliable haha

chopiesel
22-06-2011, 07:36 PM
fuck her off

rod185651
22-06-2011, 08:29 PM
I've got a mate who's not aloud to watch NRL on Friday Nights because his wife makes him watch "Better House and Gardens on channel seven. I'll send you his phone number, you two can swap bitch stories.

fimpBIKES
22-06-2011, 08:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by rod185651

I've got a mate who's not aloud to watch NRL on Friday Nights because his wife makes him watch "Better House and Gardens on channel seven. I'll send you his phone number, you two can swap bitch stories.

BWAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHA

BANDITROD
22-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Ok my wife was just looking over my shoulder reading this after I told her to piss off she told me to tell you that if your missus doesn't like you for who you are then she inst the right one for you ...

El_Hefty
22-06-2011, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by rod185651

If i was your mate i would buy a second TV and put it in the garage. Then he could watch the footy in the lounge room in peace.

Fuck that ultimatums are the thing of insecure people, enjoy being the doormat for the rest of this relationship.

EFE 1230
22-06-2011, 09:17 PM
just fuck her off and replace her with a new one.

I hear that various Asian countries offers good package deals, 4 weeks accom in a highrise penthouse and the bride of your choice gst inclusive.

Harry
22-06-2011, 09:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopiesel

fuck her off
Bahahahaha. . . . No bike, fuck that mate. I want one i buy one ! It was only wen i got to 4 bike's the grumpy shit started [}:)]

RevHead
22-06-2011, 09:34 PM
bahahahhahahhahahha

BANDITROD
22-06-2011, 09:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

just fuck her off and replace her with a new one.

I hear that various Asian countries offers good package deals, 4 weeks accom in a highrise penthouse and the bride of your choice gst inclusive.
Lol

Gitzy
22-06-2011, 09:40 PM
My wife forced me to buy the TL (My 3rd Bike).. What a bitch [:p]

To top it off, she got the shits cos I didn't buy Trav's XT for a cafe project cos I thought she would be pissed if I had 4, go figure [B)]

Redmohawk
23-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Partners are just like bikes , when they shit you , you sell em and trade up.

sharky
23-06-2011, 06:23 AM
I can imagine the girlfriends responce if I was to suggest she gave up riding lol You have set a dangerous precadent now mate 'Its me or (insert anythin she doesnt like you doing) '

Shadowzone
24-06-2011, 01:41 PM
My wife told me to go back to playing Rugby because I sook like a bitch when I'm not even though I have two fucked knees and have had 2 recos on the left one in the last two years. Why? Because she knows I love doing it and in her words - "What are you trying to save your knees for old age? Fuck that destroy them and get new ones put in."

With regards to bikes? You're never taking the kids on the back. That lasted a whole oh 20mins after I got home with it before it changed. I have taken all of our kids (except the baby although it's on the cards as soon as I find an infant size helmet) She has since asked me if I'm planning on taking her for a ride. So perhaps you should introduce her to your <s>pillion seat and see if she gets why you do it</s> front door. Oh and as for the ultimatums? Choose the bike. It will never give you one.....

Tony Nitrous
24-06-2011, 05:30 PM
My Mrs is house hunting right now,(she's buying)
She won't even go to look at anything that hasn't got a 6m x 9m
Shed / Triple Garage / Somewhere she can get one built for me.

Perhaps she 'aint too bad ?

Hillsy
24-06-2011, 05:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

My Mrs is house hunting right now,(she's buying)
She won't even go to look at anything that hasn't got a 6m x 9m
Shed / Triple Garage / Somewhere she can get one built for me.

Perhaps she 'aint too bad ?

She's a keeper mate ;)

HOS
24-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Your partner should'nt make you not have a bike.
Each relationship is very different though, we all go thro' phases in our lives and relationships.

Good luck to to you mate. ;)

Come back to bikes when you're ready.

USH
24-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Mine isn't fussed by my bikes, been riding them longer than i've known her and she recon's they are a part of who I am, so who is she to stop me being me...

Fish
24-06-2011, 10:18 PM
When we had our little fella, I was given an ultimatum. "If you sell the bikes I'll fuck off". It's lurve!

Mr Hyosung
30-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Why don't you get one of your mates she doesn't know to take it for a test ride and not bring it back. Tell her it got stolen and store it somewhere till she sees some sense. She might be a good root, but can she do it all day at 200k's an hour?