PDA

View Full Version : RAPID mag article bikes WANTED!!!

qickdraw
25-03-2007, 11:56 AM
As you all probably know, I'm doing a column every month in RAPID mag. Jeff has proposed expanding it to 2 pages with one page being pix of streetfighters from around the country (similar to the new 'readers rides' section) with a nice pic of the whole bike and perhaps a few pix of one or 2 particularly good engineering/modification points that the owner is proud of.
This is great opportunity for guys to get their bike in the mag and acknowledge the hard work that goes into a typical build.
I'm especially looking at guys like you LETOY:) - your ZX9-R is a great example of what you can acheive in a short timeframe with minimal expense.
Of course overseas guys are more than welcome - we'd love to see what's going on in other countries, and this can quite often be the kind of insparation and motivation needed to increase the scene over here.

If you're interested send me a few good hi-def (300dpi min) shots and a brief write-up to stu@austreetfighter.com.au
Depending on the response I hope to get something up & running by the issue after next.
Cheers!:D

crazymofo
25-03-2007, 12:13 PM
stu will email you pics, shortly after AFR, im going to strip the whole thing down to nuts and bolts, powdercoat heaps of shit, remake some brakets better, re-do wiring, and then repaint... i'll send ya some pics then.

i just wanted to get all the hard engineering outa the way, test it on the ride to dubbo, then finish her off good and proper.

but thanks for heads up, i'll email ya some pic soon

cheers.joe.

shift1313
25-03-2007, 12:57 PM
you interested in works in progress? It would be nice to get my bike in a mag, even if i cant get it here in the states.

25-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm sure that someone'll send you a copy or 2 if you get in mate

zx12argh
25-03-2007, 01:13 PM
My bikes going in for a candy paint job in the next few months plus some other cosmetic goodies... Will shoot you shots when done.

chopiesel
25-03-2007, 01:18 PM
how abotu a bright yellow blinged out tiller?

Gix11
26-03-2007, 09:27 AM
If you want Degenerate I can sort something after the Fools Run. It just seems a bit boring to me though. Someone might find it interesting?

Iceman
26-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Feel free to take some pics of my turbo GS at the AFR, if your interested.

letoy
26-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Thank you for considering my motorcycle.
And sure I would be in it.
It have built many cars and bikes over the years but never thought of it.
Please let me know.

speeddemon
26-03-2007, 06:20 PM
please...... no more 'stock nakeds with anodised bits - thats a naked bike' (they wear a bit thin -just my two bobs worth), when there are so many cool bikes on this site - even turbo GS - luv it

Cruisecontrol
26-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Will the interest shown be directly relative to dollars spent at a certain online streetfighter store?

qickdraw
27-03-2007, 12:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Will the interest shown be directly relative to dollars spent at a certain online streetfighter store?

[:0]Hahahahaha!! Good one Cruise! No mate, it doesn't matter if you haven't spent one cent supporting your local streetfighter parts importer (;)), but if you have you may get a bigger photo.... TIC:)
Speedy - too true mate. we don't want a stocker with few bolts and a can. I can see 50 of them if I look out of the window for 30 seconds.[V]

Gix - YES! Give me pix of Degenerate.
Chop - Ditto with your [8D]YELLOW[8D] tiller

To anyone else interested - I will be taking pix for the mag at the AFR too..... so remember to wash your undies before ya go![:I]

Gix11
27-03-2007, 01:08 PM
You might as well get a shot of it there then mate. I'll clean it up before the show n shine (and my undies).

fimpBIKES
27-03-2007, 01:26 PM
hahaha, as if any of us actually own undies :D

Phill
27-03-2007, 01:44 PM
hope you've got a camera phone! crappy pics make my bike look good.

Cruisecontrol
27-03-2007, 03:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by qickdraw

[:0]Hahahahaha!! Good one Cruise! No mate, it doesn't matter if you haven't spent one cent supporting your local streetfighter parts importer (;)), but if you have you may get a bigger photo.... TIC:)

I knew it. :D

Tony Nitrous
28-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Stu, not sure mine's up to it.

Maybe when its got a new tail / Swingarm / pipe ?
Maybe ? one day ?

Never going to be a flash show bike.
Rather have it rough and ready than cry over a few stone chips or drops of rain.

Mine's an example of a "fun" bike,
I've had a factory Naked with bolt on crap,
I want this one to be different to all the other clones.

There's a couple of pic's and a few details on this very good site..
http://www.dragbike.com.au/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=242

chopiesel
28-03-2007, 05:52 PM
yeh bets take some of mine at afr too once the mirrors are on.

and i wear boxers not undies

03-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Hey Stu,

What'd you find?

Jockney Rebel
03-04-2007, 11:26 PM
maybe mine would be ok once i get the paint sorted

Tony Nitrous
05-04-2007, 07:03 PM
If ya want to use it for the reader-rides section in the back...

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4917

ABM top Yolk, Polished rims/pegs and hangers/engine case/grab rail,
Renthal "Streetfighter bars", German Headlight on one off mounts,
German Belly-pan, Paddock stand bobbins, Yellow coated clutch and
brake lines, "Busa" grips, MX alloy bar ends, Modified radiator (outlet
moved from front to rear) Cut down from Mudguard, New front indicators,
GSX1400 mastercylinder clamps to take after market mirrors, rego
holder, alloy busa chainguard, TRE, heavily modified wireing loom,
New lock stops, Twin Yoshi Oval cans, Billet clock mounts, Stainless
Rad and Oil cooler guards, Ends of Rad in Black, and a temporary coat
of blue paint.......errrrrrr...... and stuff i've forgotten.......probabley....!
Easy stuff by me, hard stuff by Jim at HMR.