PDA

View Full Version : Stunts

ill ephex
16-06-2011, 01:33 AM
I've recently been trying to advance my skills at the ancient art of "wheelies" I'm getting there, but I was wondering if there is anyone in the SE QLD area that is keen to get together for a few stunt sessions? If not, perhaps we can share some techniques via this thread.

xa-mont
16-06-2011, 11:39 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=11

ill ephex
16-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Cheers xa-mont, I've had to learn the hard way (sans tachometer) took me ages to get over the fear or flipping although the fear is still there somewhat. With thanks to a larger rear sprocket it is a lot easier (3rd & 4th gear wheelies) but I've noticed I start leaking coolant after high revs. Might have to look into that problem after a few more.

so far keepin' it rubber side down.

BANDITROD
16-06-2011, 06:12 PM
It's pretty common for them to leak after a flogging I once saw pesh get hit in the head with his radiator cap at AFR08

ill ephex
16-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks Banditrod, should I be worried about this leak? (appears to be coming from the overflow) I know floggin' any engine isn't good but is this just a side effect?

BANDITROD
16-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Just a side effect mate don't stress to much just keep and eye on fluid level

BANDITROD
16-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Another thing some of the stunt guys do is wire the thermo fan through a switch so you can just turn it on when you want

JDinOZ
16-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Mate im on the gold coast and always up for wheelies :D
Still kinda noob myself but I can get it on the balance point now and just sit on the same speed. Im now trying to steer while doing that and also trying to be more consistent, and El Sammo said to use the rear break as well to control the wheelie so soon ill try that with 1st gear clutch up.

Ill be keen to go for a ride this saturday if I can get the gf to go shopping or something

ill ephex
17-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Awesome JDinOZ, a few of us are planning a ride for sunday if you can get the GF permission. I'll confirm that tomorrow or sat.

cheers Banditrod, already done that.

Soroz
17-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Im on the GC and would love to tag along, I can do them alright, I just fail at slow wheelies.

JDinOZ
17-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Aight well unfortunately I work on Sundays so me and my mates are going for a big ride tomorrow morning, everyone is meeting at the outpost at 9 am. mind you theres gonna be alot of fairings around.

Soroz
17-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Wouldn't mind tagging along, where are you guys heading? Ill have to come up from Coolangatta

pesh
20-06-2011, 05:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

It's pretty common for them to leak after a flogging I once saw pesh get hit in the head with his radiator cap at AFR08

good times lol . ill ephex.. I think you will find these days most stunt bikes run twin thermo fans and as Rod said on a switch via a relay and also depends on what bike you are riding as to if you have enough space between radiator and headers to fit a second fan

yoda
21-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Best tip.. Use your rear brake.. Learn them slow, it hurts way less. And once you master slow, fast is easy. Dont worry about sprockets till you can hold balance point at a high idle.