PDA

View Full Version : Help GPZ1100 81 swinger pivot width

BANDITROD
14-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Myself and zpower are looking to put a single sider in his gpz all I need to know at this stage is the stock gpz pivot width either measure the frame or measure the swinger Inc spacers

Cheers rod

Bike is yet to get here

EFE 1230
14-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Can't tell you the measurement for a gpz but a honda single sider will fit between a Z9 frame no worries, a 400 swinger will fit with less chain run hassle but the widest tyre you can run is a 160 on a 5.5 ducati (4 the offset)rim.

all the hubs fit the honda arms with only rim offset different, I've got a honda arm with a triumph hub and 6" rim 200 tyre and it all fits together no problems (not sure about the brake set up as it's missing) also have a ducati rim wich will fit up if you make a spacer as the 4 pins that hold the wheel on the hub are at the same spacing.

just gotta decide what bike to put it in, go looksee at my Z900 thread I put together another one!

BANDITROD
14-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Cool thanks mate and yeah I had a look at that yesterday it looks cool

Dynomutt
14-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Get hold of a shaftdrive frame, they are wider at the pivot, and the pivot bolt diameter is large enough to take the Triumph swingarm pivot bolt. There is no issue with chain run fouling the frame, and the Triumph just needs to be moved over to the right by around 10mm to get the wheel alignment. I've managed to get a 6 inch GSXR1000K4 wheel into my old Zed but it required some surgery to the sprocket carrier and the frame needed relieving around the swingarm pivot area.

Issues
14-06-2011, 07:22 PM
GPZ swing arm is heaps wider on the pivot then a Z9. I cut a GPZ swinger down about 15 years ago to fit a Z9 frame. I can't remember how much wider it is though. Could have been 20mm or more.

BANDITROD
14-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Cool thanks guys