PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed!

Cotter77
04-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Ok so this may be a little long winded but here goes.
I just got a K5 GSXR 1000. Did an oil change, got new tyres. Took her for a small ride yesterday. Oil (in the window) was a little on the low side (above the min line) Put some more in now shes just on full or just above the full mark. Was gonna go for a ride today fuelled up, checked tyre pressure all good, Fuck chains too tight. Fuck she stalls from nutral to first. Better duck home. Fix chain. Still stalls from N to 1st (with a horible clunk) Adjust clutch cable (several times!!). Now from 1st all the way to 3rd no stall. From 3rd to 1st no stall. I can start in 1st or 2nd no clunk (quite smooth). But from nuetral to 1st or 2nd no stall but a horrible clunk. All I can think of is would a tad to much oil case this? Its got me fucked and the "clunk" is not a nice sound. Any ideas would be appreciated.

davio
04-06-2011, 10:34 PM
cant see it bein the oil mate ,sounds more like u got a cooked clutch,was it ok when u rode her home?

Cotter77
04-06-2011, 10:48 PM
I picked her up in a van. The first few rides no dramas. It was a bit heavy going into first (ie clunk, lurch forward a bit) But my busa does that a bit. If I start it in first no clunk. Start in N go to 1st or 2nd still clunks! Ive drained some oil out and the level is know half way and still have the drama. This ones got me fucked! Would a cooked clutch do that?

ralph
05-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Wrong oil???

Cotter77
05-06-2011, 11:08 AM
I used Motul 5100 10w40. Well I drained some oil out and adjusted the clutch again. Doesnt stall from N to 1st or N to 2nd now. She still clunks into gear (N to 1st or second, Not from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 1st)but not as noisy or violant as before. Dunno might ride it for a few days and do another oil change to see wether theres any metal in the oil. It allways (Ive only had it for 2 a bit) had a clunk into gear so maybee the GSXR is just a noisy bitch?

Deano
05-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Sounds like the clutch is grabbing a bit. Especially if it wants to pull forward when you put it into gear. Put it on a paddock stand then put it it gear with the motor off pull in the clutch and you should be able to turn the rear wheel by hand. You wi feel a very slight resistance but should turn. If not sounds clutch related. Adjustment should sort it I tho

bladehunter
05-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Nah some arsehole crept in to ya shed and swapped your smoooth as silk Suzuki box for a kawasaki box (quite possibly an early 90's ZZR one)

Cotter77
05-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Dirty stinking Kawasaki riders!!! Worse than Honda riders!

Any way I tried the moving the wheel on a paddock stand it moves. Took it for a ride up to dorrigo, Got smoked on the way back by a chick on a diavel, Not a single stall. Its only got 9500km on the clock so ill keep an eye on the clutch.