PDA

View Full Version : dropped my bike :(

ketse
03-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, seems I jinxed myself yesterday. I was just saying to banditrod "wow I can't believe I haven't dropped my bike yet"

It's been pissing down with rain in tassie, knocked off work and jumped on. pulled out of the carpark, don't think I even got above 5k rpm (as in, I wasn't doing anything stupid or showing off or anything of the like, was taking it easy due to wet) but seems I wasn't cautious enough, bike slipped out from underneath and slid along the road about 5m

damage wasn't too drastic;

the right hand side engine casing ripped open, draining all my oil. tiny scratch on bellypan, rhs rizoma mirror and bar end is scratched pretty bad and will probably need to be turfed, pipe sustained a little bit of damage (not much) and brake pedal snapped in half. looked it up, looks like engine parts will cost probably only $100. personal injury, small scrape on my knee, not too bad at all. I was raging hard on mesamorph, so I quickly wheeled the bike back to the carpark, called a mate and got a lift to the gym before i had a heart attack.

If i had fairings, would have cost a fortune, not other damage to bike at all.
anyone know of anywhere I can get the parts i need for my engine?

g man
03-06-2011, 04:02 PM
dude that sux ass !!!!!!!!!!!!! lucky was not to bad and i would have hit the gym
asap also and rage like no other .............

xa-mont
03-06-2011, 04:14 PM
that bites man!

Could have been a lot worse though.

maybe a chance to upgrade to some blingin' billet engine casings?

ketse
03-06-2011, 04:45 PM
yeah looks like the old work horse might have to go into the shed for a while. save up for some bling rearsets, casings, hoses, dirtbars etc
I was heading in the direction of needing to get a head gasket replaced anyway and an oil change, so prolly a blessing in disguise to keep me off her through winter :P

any directions to sites for gear??

Iceman
04-06-2011, 09:54 AM
I had a low speed drop in the rain and I must admit I screamed into my helment for a while about how stupid it was. Just look at it as a prime opertunity for a rebuild. Good luck with the supliments....oh and the repair job.

JDinOZ
04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
fuck mate that sucks to hear.. poor bike :(

BANDITROD
06-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Fuck dude that's bad luck it's seems I'm a magnet for that lately If need any help let me know

ketse
06-06-2011, 07:37 PM
should be sweet I think, Rod. It's gonna be cheap so all good. Maybe just advice on head gasket work... and that damper!

Also, that pipe was worth a bit, if you need to flog it, try svrider.com, the gladius forum should be a good place to flog it off (I had no luck, lost a bit of coin on that investment... :( )

BANDITROD
06-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I sent hyper pro an email I'm just waiting to hear back from them

ketse
06-06-2011, 10:19 PM
cheers mate :)

BANDITROD
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Happy to help mate

ill ephex
14-06-2011, 11:56 PM
bugger man, don't say things like that. Instead of saying "havn't droped my bike yet" say something more encouraging like " still keeping it rubber side down" less chance of a jinx. Glad your not too hurt.

Blade
17-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hear about that. My brother did the same thing a few years back (rubbed through engine casing) unfortunate for him he was 300km from home. As others have said, just gives you an opportuity to make improvements!:D